|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- Add image
- Add infobox
- Early life
- Cuban background?
- Attendance at SJSU
- Cultural historian
- Teaching career
- The WELL
- Her experience on the WELL resulting in...
- ...her essay "Pandora Vox"
- R. U. Sirius
- Wired magazine article
- R. U. Sirius
- Second Life
- Island of "Shivar"
- Gorean roleplay
- Relationships, writings
- Professional career
- Virtual community consultant
- Personal life
- Struggle with health, disease, diet, nutrition
- Her love of music (Brahms), her passion for chamber music, her life as a pianist
- Her dog
- Cause of death (official)
- Relationship with sister
- From Counterculture to Cyberculture
- I, Avatar
Note on Curtis
The so-called "quote" from Pandora's Vox that Curtis made popular in All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace (2011) is actually a loose paraphrase. I don't think many people realize this. I've placed the original quote (minus the paraphrase) from the essay on Wikiquote. For the record, I think Curtis followed the rules of quoting when he put this together, but it would have been far more accurate for him to provide text captions during the voice-over for comparison. Many news shows actually do this when they loosely paraphrase on screen (by showing the quote and the ellipsis ) and it preserves the accuracy for the viewer. I'm trying remember where I've seen this done, but IIRC, shows like 60 Minutes and Nightline used to do this. Viriditas (talk) 08:49, 15 October 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Carmen Hermosillo. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110930162814/http://www.2gq.org/2008/08/carmen-hermosil.html to http://www.2gq.org/2008/08/carmen-hermosil.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.