|WikiProject Canada / Alberta / Geography / Communities||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Alberta's largest town?
Cochrane is Alberta's largest town with a population of 12,688?? Lets check the facts. Okotoks is also a town and has a population close to 17,000. BC 06:34, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
- According to the 2005 municipal census (2005 census), Okotoks has 11,664 residents, while Cochrane has 12,688. I don't know where the 17,000 figure comes from. --Qyd 15:15, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
- The population of 16,500 is on the Town of Okotoks' website. A response from a town official mentions that "16,500 was derived last year (2006) using the density ratios multiplied by the number of residential dwelling units that are occupied. We know from the 2001 census (and this may be dated) that on average we have 2.78 people per household. Therefore based on todays numbers using a 2001 ratio we could already be around 18,000 in population although we have not yet had a chance to verify that". BC 23:45, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
The red dot
The red dot for where Cochrane is located in Alberta is WAY off base. Cochrane is just WEST of Calgary, not far EAST of Calgary. Can someone fix that????
Since the council is elected every three years on the third Monday of October, the current council listing could be outdated, depending on when the election results go into effect. -- Tanthalas39 (talk) 20:04, 16 November 2007 (UTC)
A couple of changes to propose: (1) the dominion day tea, listed as occurring on July 1, should be replaced with Cochrane Arts Festival; (2)Cochrane is located in the Municipal District of the Town of Cochrane, not Rockyview County; and, (3) the statement about "talk" of moving to a ward system is inaccurate and should be removed. Cochranetownie (talk) 18:26, 9 September 2010 (UTC)
- I will change the July 1st item, confirmed off their events calendar. The second item is correct as is the municipality of Cochrane is part of the Municipal District of Rocky View County. I will remove the ward system comment as Original Research.- Mcmatter (talk|contrib) 18:53, 9 September 2010 (UTC)
- The second suggestion should not be executed. There is no such thing as the Municipal District of the Town of Cochrane. The Town of Cochrane is Cochrane's official legal name and town is its official municipal status. Rocky View County is Rocky View's official name and municipal district is its official municipal status. See the 2010 Municipal Codes for confirmation.
- Also, the Town of Cochrane is an independent municipality surrounded by Rocky View County. This is why Rocky View County appears next to Municipal District in the infobox on the right side of the article... because Rocky View County is the municipal district that surrounds the Town of Cochrane. This is the same as how the other Alberta community articles with infoboxes are treated on Wikipedia. Hwy43 (talk) 19:12, 9 September 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Cochrane, Alberta. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110706173348/http://www.cochrane.ca/municipal/toc/webcms.nsf/AllDoc/DF68DC09CF7AD8CF8725773C0064193A?OpenDocument to http://www.cochrane.ca/municipal/toc/webcms.nsf/AllDoc/DF68DC09CF7AD8CF8725773C0064193A?OpenDocument
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.