Please start new topics at the bottom of the page, even if they are related to a section above, to maintain a sequential order of topics.
I prefer to keep discussion threads together. If I left you a message, please answer on your talk page, as I am watching it.
- 1 Mississauga
- 2 New Companies delsort category
- 3 New Disability delsort category
- 4 List of local service districts in New Brunswick
- 5 Speedy deletion nomination of Use:Hwy43/sandbox/List of local service districts in New Brunswick
- 6 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 7 List of local service districts in New Brunswick
Hi there. Could you please take a look at the most recent edits to Mississauga by an IP editor? I reverted similar edits yesterday by a different IP editor (I see you left a talk page message too). Many of the edits were unsourced and I reverted to that last clean version. A second opinion on the new IP edits would be helpful. Thanks. Magnolia677 (talk) 00:38, 2 November 2015 (UTC)
- I don't know enough about Mississauga to determine if the unsourced edits are factual or not, so I'd prefer a more local expert do the scrutinization. I'm more concerning myself at this time with overall structure and presentation. Thanks for asking though. Hwy43 (talk) 00:43, 2 November 2015 (UTC)
New Companies delsort category
Hi Hwy43: Just a heads up that a new deletion sorting page was created on 16 October 2015 for companies, located at Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Companies. Thanks for your work in performing deletion sorting on Wikipedia. North America1000 16:42, 3 November 2015 (UTC)
New Disability delsort category
Hi: Just a heads up that a new deletion sorting page was created on 19 October 2015 for Disability-related articles, located at Wikipedia:WikiProject Deletion sorting/Disability. Thanks for your work in performing deletion sorting on Wikipedia. North America1000 18:08, 5 November 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for the edits; I somehow missed removing my to-do list when I updated the code. I also didn't understand what the 30em operator was for, let alone why I should use it.
I did make one change, turning Given name to Unofficial sorting form (since I'm the only one that's given those names), and transferred the clause about names being shortened in press and the like to Official name, which (I hope) removes any ambiguity about what the first column is. G. Timothy Walton (talk) 20:16, 17 November 2015 (UTC)
- The 30em operator enables reference lists, note lists et al to be displayed within two or three more easily readable columns depending on your screen resolution. See my comments on the list's talk page about the first two columns. There is a solution that exists to eliminate the redundancy while still achieving alphabetical sorting. Cheers, Hwy43 (talk) 09:49, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of Use:Hwy43/sandbox/List of local service districts in New Brunswick
A tag has been placed on Use:Hwy43/sandbox/List of local service districts in New Brunswick requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section R2 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because it is a redirect from the article namespace to a different namespace except the Category, Template, Wikipedia, Help, or Portal namespaces.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. Stefan2 (talk) 16:05, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
- @Stefan2: The legacy of my typo persists. Let's get it (the deletion) done already! Thanks. Hwy43 (talk) 16:23, 22 November 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:09, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
List of local service districts in New Brunswick
I think you've gone too far in reducing the length of this article.
I've been thinking of combining the Services column with Notes to save space. The Notes column, which you've removed, is the only source of information on many of these LSDs. My future plan was to remove information from the Notes column as each LSD's existing article was edited or new article created. As it is, you've destroyed most of the information unique to this article. G. Timothy Walton (talk) 19:52, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hi G. Timothy Walton, for the benefit of all interested editors, rather than just you and I, please post comments similar to the above on the article's talk page and we will go from there. Best to have everything in one place. I'll try to reply tonight, but it may not be until tomorrow. Cheers, Hwy43 (talk) 22:03, 24 November 2015 (UTC)