From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

WikiProject Food and drink Tagging[edit]

This article talk page was automatically added with {{WikiProject Food and drink}} banner as it falls under Category:Food or one of its subcategories. If you find this addition an error, Kindly undo the changes and update the inappropriate categories if needed. The bot was instructed to tagg these articles upon consenus from WikiProject Food and drink. You can find the related request for tagging here . If you have concerns , please inform on the project talk page -- TinucherianBot (talk) 10:06, 3 July 2008 (UTC)

Requested move[edit]

The following discussion is an archived discussion of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.

The result of the proposal was not moved. --BDD (talk) 17:43, 2 October 2012 (UTC) (non-admin closure)

CollopsCollop – Singular form per WP:SINGULAR. ENeville (talk) 17:45, 25 September 2012 (UTC)

  • In a culinary sense, is this term ever used in the singular? By the way, the Other Uses section should be split off. —  AjaxSmack  02:40, 26 September 2012 (UTC)
OED lists "collop" in culinary sense. Compare Brussels sprout or potato chip, which are normally consumed in quantity but titled in singular. Also note Collop (or Collopy) Monday. Re split: yes. ENeville (talk) 20:23, 26 September 2012 (UTC)
Good examples but we also have French fries, chicken fingers, and burnt ends as well as other foods (those that are rarely consumed in the singular). —  AjaxSmack  21:12, 28 September 2012 (UTC)
If it's a wash on that score, I advise titling per default: singular. Put another way, it doesn't seem to fit into one of the categories of exceptions on WP:PLURAL. Also note that we still have the dictionary and the event name in testament to singular usage. ENeville (talk) 20:28, 30 September 2012 (UTC)

Oppose This dish is known as Collops, with a Collop (singular) only being part of it. Brendandh (talk) 07:41, 1 October 2012 (UTC)

Oppose See also rice and beans, bangers and mash, hash browns, and baked beans. __ Just plain Bill (talk) 16:00, 1 October 2012 (UTC)

But these are examples, as described in WP:PLURAL, that don't exist in singular usage, whereas collop does. I could see the case for a dish alone, but this article covers the culinary use of collop in various forms, beyond just the Scottish dish. Note that bean is singular. ENeville (talk) 16:59, 1 October 2012 (UTC)
The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.

External links modified[edit]

Hello fellow Wikipedians,

I have just added archive links to one external link on Collops. Please take a moment to review my edit. You may add {{cbignore}} after the link to keep me from modifying it, if I keep adding bad data, but formatting bugs should be reported instead. Alternatively, you can add {{nobots|deny=InternetArchiveBot}} to keep me off the page altogether, but should be used as a last resort. I made the following changes:

When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at {{Sourcecheck}}).

As of February 2018, "External links modified" talk page sections are no longer generated or monitored by InternetArchiveBot. No special action is required on behalf of editors regarding these talk page notices, other than regular verification, as with any edit, using the archive tools per instructions below. This message updated dynamically through the template {{sourcecheck}} (last update: 1 May 2018).

  • If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
  • If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.

Cheers.—cyberbot IITalk to my owner:Online 23:21, 30 March 2016 (UTC)