Talk:Communist Party of India
|↓||Skip to table of contents||↓|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Communist Party of India article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is written in Indian English (colour, travelled, centre, analysed, defence), and some terms used in it may be different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
This page not contains the actual information about communist party of India, but all the earlier information are changed by putting communist party of India(Marxist) a dissident group moved out from CPI. Here in this page we can see the opinions of Communist Party of India(Marxist)- CPI(M) , quotes and reference links provided in this page are from the separated leaders like EMS, Basavapunnayya, Sankarayya. By keeping this page as it is wiki-pedia is giving wrong information. : Dineshmvpa 06:39, 9 November 2014 (UTC)
I have removed the image titled Image:Asf2003k.jpg|thumb|CPI badge shown adjacently fom the main article
as this is a symbol of the CPI (M) (Communist Party of India (Marxist)) and not the CPI. The CPI symbol comprises a sickle and a sheath of corn where as the CPI(M) symbol comprises a sickle and hammer.
- Please separate between election symbol and party symbol. CPI actively uses this symbol, but the elections symbol only at the times of election. On this picture you can clealy read (in Telugu) the name of CPI. --Soman 17:11, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
I've removed: CPI actively pursues policies to ensure that the masses of India remain in abject poverty, since the impoverished people are the traditional vote bank of the party. They oppose any attempts by the government to improve the indian economy. As it seems to be more than slightly POV. Feel free to cite a source for these allegations to reinstate. - FrancisTyers 15:11, 28 July 2005 (UTC)
I have added Bhogendra Jha as a Bihar CPI leader as he was personally known to me as a brother and he virtually founded the party in the Mithila region of Bihar.
Election box metadata
This article contains some sub-pages that hold metadata about this subject. This metadata is used by the Election box templates to display the color of the party and its name in Election candidate and results tables.
These links provide easy access to this meta data:
Date of foundation
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Communist Party of India. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20141008191615/http://eci.nic.in/eci_main/StatisticalReports/LS_1951/VOL_1_51_LS.PDF to http://eci.nic.in/eci_main/StatisticalReports/LS_1951/VOL_1_51_LS.PDF
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140718181833/http://eci.nic.in/eci_main/StatisticalReports/LS_1998/Vol_I_LS_98.pdf to http://eci.nic.in/eci_main/StatisticalReports/LS_1998/Vol_I_LS_98.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140718183222/http://eci.nic.in/eci_main/StatisticalReports/LS_1999/Vol_I_LS_99.pdf to http://eci.nic.in/eci_main/StatisticalReports/LS_1999/Vol_I_LS_99.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.