Talk:Drowned in Sound
|WikiProject Record Labels|
|WikiProject Websites / Computing|
Artists to be added to DiS records section
These can only be added when records by them are actually released, thus this list:
- Emily Haines (solo album, in May)
- George Pringle (no date yet; DiS digital singles club)
- The Stills
smigs 10:56, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
Attempts to delete this article
Despite this article stating that among other things, the site has won several awards, there have been two WP:PROD tags added to it recently. It was also tagged as unreferenced, when in fact it had a reference but no references section. WP:PROD is not in any way appropriate for an article like this, and a second PROD tag was invalid anyway. I have spent a few minutes adding references, so this should address the concerns of the deletion taggers. If anyone has concerns over the article, I suggest putting some effort into improving it rather than trying to get it deleted.--Michig (talk) 10:26, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- I was not aware there was a first prod tag when I placed the second one, you're right, I should have checked. There's no need to get defensive, however. Thank you for adding sources to demonstrate the topic is actually notable.--Cúchullain t/c 16:43, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
I notice if you click on "About" on the Drowned in Sound homepage, it takes you directly to this Wikipedia article. They are clearly using this WIkipedia page as an extension of their website publicity. Particularly because of this (but also because it has been tagged for cleanup for 4 years) I think anything vaguely promotional and unsourced needs to be removed. They really need to get their act together and complete their website properly! Sionk (talk) 14:01, 6 January 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Drowned in Sound. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081206014215/http://www.recordoftheday.com:80/www/awards/2006.php to http://www.recordoftheday.com/www/awards/2006.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090415071552/http://www.recordoftheday.com/www/awards/2007.php to http://www.recordoftheday.com/www/awards/2007.php
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.