Talk:Florida State Road 528
|WikiProject Florida||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
||It is requested that an image or photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
|WikiProject U.S. Roads||(Rated C-class, High-importance)|
When did the Bee Line get its name change? B.Wind 19:34, 28 October 2005 (UTC)
- Florida House of Representatives Bill #385 (HB 385)
- House Bill 385
- According to:
- http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/ (Select "2005" session, and enter "385" in the box at the right)
- The page says that on Monday, June 13, 2005 Governor Jeb Bush signed the bill into law. The bill took effect July 1, 2005.
(1) That portion of State Road 528 between its western terminus in Orange County and its eastern terminus in Brevard County, excluding that portion between U.S. Route 1 and State Road 3, is designated as "Martin Andersen Beachline Expressway."
(2) The Department of Transportation is directed to erect suitable markers designating Martin Andersen Beachline 99 Expressway as described in subsection (1).
(3) This section shall have no effect on chapter 98-423, Laws of Florida, which designated that portion of State Road 528 between State Road 436 and State Road A1A as "Kennedy Space Center Highway," and, therefore, the section of State Road 528 east of State Road 15 shall continue to have two names. (4) That portion of State Road 528 between U.S. Route 1 and State Road 3 has been designated as "Emory Bennett Causeway" and shall continue to have that designation notwithstanding this section.
I was on the "Beachline" at its west end today, and the signs still say BEE LINE EXPWY ENDS. Where is it signed as the Beachline? --SPUI (talk - don't use sorted stub templates!) 16:28, 29 March 2006 (UTC)
The Turnpike will replace the Toll 528 signs in stages when we begin the widening project this summer. I would also appreciate it if everyone would leave the edits I made to the toll collection info on the Beachline East alone. I am the Turnpike PIO and I know where we collect tolls. If you have a question, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I-4 to SR 482 1973 (including SR 482 bridge)
- SR 482 to SR 15 1981-1982
- SR 15 bridge 1971
- SR 15 to SR 520 1967
- SR 520 to SR 524 and all of SR 407 1972-1973 (including SR 520 and SR 524 bridges)
- SR 524 to SR 401 westbound 1963, eastbound 1970-1971 (both bridges over SR 3 are 1970-1971, but westbound over Banana River Drive is 1963, both SR 401 bridges are 1971, SR 401 itself is from 1963)
- Bee Line West Toll Plaza 50 cents Sunpass, 75 cents cash  (still shown as 50 cents on OOCEA site)
- 15 cents at opening
- 50 cents in 1994 and 1999 
- Airport Plaza 75 cents
- 25 cents at opening
- 75 cents in 1994 and 1999 
- Bee Line Main Plaza $1.25
- 35 cents at opening
- raised to 50 cents May 1, 1980
- $1.00 in 1994
- $1.25 in 1999 
- International Corporate Park $1.00
- 75 cents in 1994 and 1999 
- SR 520 25 cents?
- Bee Line East Toll Plaza removed
- 20 cents at opening
- 25 cents when removed
Unknown toll increases January 1, 1987 and July 1, 1990 (latter to 75 cents at barriers and 50 cents at ramps - at least in general)
- I dimly recall there being a toll booth on the Bennett Causeway, which I believe was removed around 1989-1990? - Aerobird 12:52, 18 April 2006 (UTC)
The part about the toll at the 520 ramp plaza going to pay for improvements to 520 was correct and should be restored. It is not correct that all monies collected by tolls can only pay for toll projects, so far as non-Turnpike, but FDOT-owned roads is concerned. In addition to funds from Beachline East paying for SR 520 improvements, portions of Alligator Alley funds go to SWFMD for Everglades restoration, and so on.Turnpike PIO 14:08, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
- When the bonds were retired for the Brevard section of the road, the county commissioners wanted all booth(s?) removed. The Orlando authority said that they had to raise money for the removal of the booths. The commission said to heck with that, we'll pay fot the removal, and they did! Brevard county considered it a horrible imposition and were delighted to see it go. The fact that it was rm should go here with the date and why. [[Use
The subtitle "Future" is, of course, WP:CRYSTAL. When I tried to correct it, a newbie stated that was the guideline. Good grief! He was correct! Of course, it is nonsense. I have remonstrated with them on the Project Page, but only expect one or two answers, all of them fervently supporting WP:CRYSTAL or swearing that it doesn't violate it. I don't have time to fight this to an objective conclusion, so will drop it. But if Wikipedia improves (and sometimes it does) and changes this, look to change it here, as well. Thanks. Student7 (talk) 18:38, 17 November 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Florida State Road 528. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070623132615/http://www.dot.state.fl.us/planning/statistics/gis/default.htm to http://www.dot.state.fl.us/planning/statistics/gis/default.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120208015944/http://www.dot.state.fl.us/planning/statistics/hwydata/interchange.pdf to http://www.dot.state.fl.us/planning/statistics/hwydata/interchange.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140306153400/http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/Straight-linesOnlineGIS/ to http://www2.dot.state.fl.us/Straight-linesOnlineGIS/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.