- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the proposal was not moved. While no one did a common name analysis providing evidence, being at the full name is not a linchpin of the article naming policy, and the policy-based opposes are uncontroverted.--Fuhghettaboutit (talk) 01:11, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
Frost Art Museum → The Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum – This is the full name of the institution. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 19:52, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
- Comment. This was moved by Hghyux (talk · contribs) with the summary "Requested move". I have reverted his move because I feel this requires further discussion. Firstly, it appears that simply "Frost Art Museum" is the common name of the museum; secondly, even if it is to be moved to the "full name", I disagree that "The" should be in the title, per WP:THE. Jenks24 (talk) 09:56, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- Comment. As far consistency– please see Metropolitan Museum of Art, which is known as The Met also. Other examples include Whitney Museum of American Art - The Whitney, J. Paul Getty Museum - The Getty, and Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum – Guggenheim Museum. The museum's full name is always the main article, but the colloquial names are always referenced in the article. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:47, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose move. I don't see a great need to make a change. The museum's official site prominently features the name "Frost Art Museum", more prominently than the full official name. Some independent sources use the short form "Frost Art Museum" (see , , and ), while others use the full name. Per WP:COMMONNAME, I think we are fine keeping the page at Frost Art Museum. --Metropolitan90 (talk) 08:09, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.