Talk:General Theological Seminary
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
They sold their Gutenberg Bible
The article claims that the General Theological Seminary has a Guntenberg Bible, naming a source from 1963 (St. Mark's Library (General Theological Seminary). The Gutenberg Bible of the General Theological Seminary. New York: St. Mark's Library, the General Theological Seminary, 1963. Pages 4-5). This is no longer true, the General Theological Seminary sold that copy of the Bible to the Württembergische Landesbibliothek, in Germany, in 1978 for 2.2 million US dollars (Clausen Books Gutenberg Bible Census accessed 24 August 2012). Note that this is correctly mentioned in Gutenberg_Bible (see 'surviving copies' and 'recent history') and Württembergische_Landesbibliothek. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 10:53, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
- OK, I think I've updated the section in line with your information -- see what you think. Beyond My Ken (talk) 04:20, 25 August 2012 (UTC)
So what happened?
- https://twitter.com/SafeSeminary/status/636190258149720064 Not a verifiable source, but an answer. User:Fred Bauder Talk 15:32, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
I know the general aversion to WP:OR, but what's the usual way to cite an inflation calculation? It's important to note that the apparently insignificant sum of $60k then had the purchasing power of more than $1m now. — LlywelynII 21:32, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
Sources for future article expansion
More at Dawley. The article should address the sectional issues in the run-up to the Civil War. — LlywelynII 21:47, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on General Theological Seminary. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/68p8ABfAB?url=http://www.ats.edu/Resources/PublicationsPresentations/Documents/Bulletin/Part2MembershipList.pdf to http://www.ats.edu/Resources/PublicationsPresentations/Documents/Bulletin/Part2MembershipList.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130220204509/http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natregsearchresult.do?fullresult=true&recordid=0 to http://nrhp.focus.nps.gov/natregsearchresult.do?fullresult=true&recordid=0
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.