Talk:Geography of Iran
|WikiProject Iran||(Rated B-class, Top-importance)|
Where does Iran rank in land mass among the world's countries? I know it is somewhere between 17 and 20.
Too many maps
We have 2 political maps (3 maps in total), one already seen on the main Iran page. I removed one and replace it with an actual landscape image instead that is representative of the geographical features of Iran.--Zereshk 21:06, 31 January 2006 (UTC)
What are the mountains in Iran called? I was hoping for some specific names and what rivers run through it as well. -Farhana —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 04:02, 14 September 2007 (UTC)
For goodness sakes. Stop this idiotic editing! Iran is located in NOT JUST SW ASIA, but ALSO South and Central Asia! Why do I have to keep proving this! Look at the United Nations geoscheme for Asia and look at an article on Central Asia (both on WIkipedia); Iran is in these areas! Mtheory1 (talk) 19:09, 30 July 2012 (UTC)
- I have just protected the article to stop the edit warring on this subject. The alternative approach would have been to block the edit warriors. If this dispute recurrs after the protection has expired you can expect that instead. I would have been completely justified in doing it now but I have elected to give you a chance to work this out here first. Pursue dispute resolution if needed, but do not edit war again. And for the record nobody is right in an edit war, anyone who participates is automatically in the wrong, so please discuss as needed here until a consensus is arrived at. Beeblebrox (talk) 20:39, 5 August 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Geography of Iran. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120312074439/http://presstv.com/program/152328.html to http://presstv.com/program/152328.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120203093100/https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ir.html to https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ir.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.