Talk:Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
||It is requested that an image or photograph be included in this article to improve its quality. Please replace this template with a more specific media request template where possible.
The Free Image Search Tool may be able to locate suitable images on Flickr and other web sites.
Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad is a recognized band on the modern N. American reggae / jam scene. Having performed more than 500 shows in the last 3 years at notable venues such as Red Rocks in Colorado, Bowery Ballroom in NYC, and music festivals such as All Good, Rothbury, and Gathering Of The Vibes.
Their live shows have been spread by the taper community and download for free more than 150,000 times. This is proof that they are a healthy contributor to the touring live music scene in N. America.
- I have declined the speedy deletion, because the claim of receiving national (satellite) airplay is a credible claim of importance. However, as currently written, this band probably doesn't meet our notability requirements for bands. Simply touring a number of "notable venues" is not notable in a Wikipedia sense. Furthermore, not only are download counts a reliable measure of importance, 150,000 downloads really isn't all that many in the grand scheme of internet music. Unless evidence is provided that this band somehow meets the notability guidelines (things like, have had a record that charted nationally, have been discussed in multiple, independent, reliable sources in detail, have won or placed in a major music competition, etc.), the article will likely be deleted sooner or later. Qwyrxian (talk) 03:06, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
- I have removed the reference to 150,00 downloads as it's not notable. Also I've added notability requirements with citations such as being named one of iTunes "best of reggae" albums as well as Billboard Chart History that shows the band hitting #5 with "In These Times" on the national Reggae Albums chart. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:45, 15 July 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120209025615/http://www.bandsthatjam.com:80/downloads/the-goods-giant-panda-guerilla-dub-squad-closes-out-2010-club-infinity-12-11-2010/ to http://www.bandsthatjam.com/downloads/the-goods-giant-panda-guerilla-dub-squad-closes-out-2010-club-infinity-12-11-2010/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.