Talk:Grand Marais Light
|WikiProject Lighthouses||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
|Sources for development of this article may be located at|
On my recent trip up the North Shore of Lake Superior, one of my goals was to photograph this lighthouse. The existing photo on this article is artistic and charming, and I quite like it for what it is, but it does not depict the subject of this article with much clarity. So, I walked all the way out to the end of a long breakwater, set my camera on a tripod, and waited a rather long time for an opportunity to shoot this subject with no tourists climbing on it. (It was a popular day for that.) I uploaded my best image, which was carefully composed and shows the lighthouse clearly in good light. About a minute after adding it to the article, I get reverted by TWINKLE, it appears, with "no reason for the change." Really? No reason that can be seen? Jonathunder (talk) 02:49, 10 September 2013 (UTC)
- I think the original image is far superior for both depicting the light, and of course for its artistic side. I appreciate your version, but it doesn't show the location in the channel as a whole, and should not supercede the original. I will add, however, that if this article becomes expanded, I would definitely include your images in the later text - it's a valid secondary image, but not as a primary image. 12:10, 10 September 2013 (UTC)
- When you like your photo better than someone else's, unless the old one really sucked, it's polite to discuss the change before throwing someone else's photo away. As ESL points out, there are many attributes of the old photograph. Indeed, your photo shows more detail of the structure. Note that I had nothing to do with either taking the old, scenic photo or adding it to the article. Toddst1 (talk) 12:24, 10 September 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Grand Marais Light. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130707081501/http://lighthouse.boatnerd.com/gallery/Superior/Grand-Marais-MN.htm to http://lighthouse.boatnerd.com/gallery/superior/Grand-Marais-MN.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.