|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|A fact from Greyfriars Kirkyard appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 30 April 2006. The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know
Hi all. I took the liberty of removing the stub tag, because I think the article now has enough in it (history, location, picture, famous residents) to warrant being a full article rather than a stub. Opinions?eiscir 11:18, 28 April 2006 (UTC)
- Sure. If you want to flesh it out further (which I've just realised is about to be a most ghastly pun), there is some old description of the kirkyard with "bodies bursting from the ground", and only the cold weather preventing a pestilence. God knows where I read this, but it's to do with lack of burial space in the town and corpses stacked many deep. If you're in Edi, perhaps ask the Central Library? Cheers, JackyR 11:25, 28 April 2006 (UTC)
- Fraid I'm not in Dùn Èidinn anymore! Back in Cork, but I'll have a look anyway. Thanks for the tip-off. eiscir 21:58, 28 April 2006 (UTC)
Greyfriars Bobby is definitely NOT buried under hos memorial stone... where did someone get this. The stone IS on consecrated ground and dogs are NOT allowed in consecrated ground. I know where he is as do two other Council employees. It is not here and it is not on consecrated ground!!! ----Stephencdickson (talk) 14:26, 15 November 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Greyfriars Kirkyard. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061003085641/http://www.spl.org.uk/news/2004_2308.html to http://www.spl.org.uk/news/2004_2308.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130513123235/http://www.covenanter.org.uk/Greyfriars/ to http://www.covenanter.org.uk/Greyfriars/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.