Talk:Holy Trinity Brompton
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Text and/or other creative content from this version of Holy Trinity Brompton was copied or moved into HTB network with this edit on 13 December 2017. The former page's history now serves to provide attribution for that content in the latter page, and it must not be deleted so long as the latter page exists.|
"notoriety" and "highly questionable"? What evidence is there for this? Bastie 01:11, 14 October 2005 (UTC)
There is space for a section on controversy and criticism on this page. HTB has attracted a lot of criticism over the years, especially in relation to the Toronto Blessing and the place of charismatic worship in the Church of England. Big topics, admittedly, and the leadership of HTB is now notably silent on their connections to the Blessing and the Vineyard churches. This article reads like an advertisement for HTB, descriptive and no doubt accurate, but somewhat lacking in grit. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Greenslade66 (talk • contribs) 18:02, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- Indeed. When I visited HTB in the late 1990's, I was bemused and a bit scared at the insanity of the service. One would choose words carefully for the article, but the style of worship is clearly "unconventional". There is no indication of how weird this church is/was in the article. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 10:24, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
Holy Trinity Brompton Church
...was where I found this page. I've moved it because that's not even a thing. Surely it's Holy Trinity Church, Brompton if anything. "Holy Trinity Brompton Church" (Dedication Place Church, e.g. St Martin's London Church) is a ridiculous turn of phrase. DBD 21:24, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
What improvements does this article need to become B class?
1. Mentioned above, it needs a Criticisms section 2. NPOV could still be a problem 3. More references are needed. 4. Do you have more ideas?
Let's see how far we can get with this article. I've never been to HTB, so I can't really be much help editing.
Also Out of Date?
Yes and it's also very out of date. No mention of: 1. The Annual HTB Leadership Conference at the Royal Albert Hall attended by 5,000. 2. The links with the Justin Welby - the new Archbishop of Canterbury. 3. The opening of St Judes Courtfield Gardens. 4. WWT's back to work furniture warehouse. 5. Homeless shelters 6. Debt counselling etc etc. 7. And some healthy NPOV and criticism.
Perhaps we should ask the congregation to help?
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Holy Trinity Brompton. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120123164143/http://www.williamwilberforcetrust.org.uk/ to http://www.williamwilberforcetrust.org.uk/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.