Talk:I Touch Myself
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the I Touch Myself article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- The writers of the song said it was about masterbation, it was at this link  but does not work anymore. Lillygirl 21:34, 21 October 2006.
- Hello? I don't think that anyone doubts it is about masturbation (or self-love, if you prefer). The lyrics aren't particularly obscure. Is there something to discuss? Leeborkman 22:21, 20 October 2006 (UTC)
Never mind. 18.104.22.168 00:26, 22 October 2006 (UTC)
At the top of this article, it says --> "It may also be viewed as an expression of independence--that one need not rely on others for basic needs that can be fulfilled by oneself."
In my opinion, there is NOTHING in these lyrics to suggest independence. For example -->
I love myself / I want YOU to love me
When I feel down / I want YOU above meI forget myself / I want YOU to remind me
I search myself / I want YOU to find me
or this -->
I close my eyes / and see YOU before me
Think I would die / if YOU were to ignore meI get down on my knees / I'd do anything for YOU
A fool could see / just how much I adore YOU
Except for the obvious references to masturbation, this is as romantic and traditional a love song as any I've ever heard. The DEPENDENCE expressed in this song still moves me after - how long? - 15 years now? Almost a shame it's been so co-opted by pop culture that no one ever sees just how touching (no pun intended) a song it actually is.
I'd like to see that line about independence taken out of the article.
22.214.171.124 09:35, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
- It's mention in the article has been removed per WP:OR. -- MST☆R (Chat Me!) 02:39, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
I'd just like to say, I LOVE the lead to this article. It's classy! ""I Touch Myself" is a 1991 pop rock song written by Christina Amphlett, Tom Kelly, Billy Steinberg and Mark McEntee for Australian rock band Divinyls' self titled album. The song, which has since been covered by numerous artists, is about masturbation." 126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:10, 4 September 2008 (UTC)
Instrumental riff imitates "If My Friends Could See Me Now"?
The end of the instrumental in this song, around 1:46, seems to be a riff of the notes to "If My Friends Could See Me Now", from the musical SWEET CHARITY, 1966. In the context of a song about masturbation it's a joke. It seems to be pretty much deliberate, what do you think? Would we need a confirmation quote from the band itself? 188.8.131.52 (talk) 05:38, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on I Touch Myself. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090707155835/http://longboredsurfer.com/charts.php?year=1991 to http://longboredsurfer.com/charts.php?year=1991
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.