Talk:Invasion of the Bane
|Invasion of the Bane has been listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|WikiProject Doctor Who||(Rated GA-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Television / Episode coverage||(Rated GA-class)|
I liked it
I liked it. It was definitely "up there" with both "modern" Doctor Who and Torchwood. The photos in her attic were cool, though my scantiness on the original series means I didn't recognise Harry Sullivan. I hope the series proper will reveal Maria as thirteen, 'cause the pilot didn't. K-9's been in space a year and a half - i.e. it's now Middle 2008 - so that means he left to do that as good as immediately after School Reunion. I liked Kelsie Hooper's curiosity in what "wasn't on the tour", though her general pooh-poohing of extraterrestrials gibed with neither The Christmas Invasion nor The Runaway Bride. The clip of Mary's species we saw ages ago was cool being established on the side of good and not evil. Overall, thumbs up and I can't wait for the series itself [User: Stripey].
I loved it! the Bane were evil-looking, right up there with the slitheen, an evil fizzy drink was a great idea, cant wait for the next! [user:tanhony43]
The whole "pooh-poohing" of aliens seems to be a bit of a recurring theme in Doctor Who and spinoffs actually, some people simply refusing to accept it despite the evidence, such as Rhys thinking that terrorists were putting halloucigens in the water supply to cause mass halloucinations... Xmoogle 00:03, 4 January 2007 (UTC)
- Main page needs a serious update. --22.214.171.124 18:57, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
I could be very very wrong, but doesn't the attic also include Bobo, the owl from Clash of the Titans, as well as a small model of Tik-Tok from Return to Oz?
Which channel was this broadcast on? Richard75 16:59, 15 April 2007 (UTC)
- I didn't see it but i presume it was BBC one. CDuck2 19:53, 5 June 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for that. I've added a note in the Broadcast/Releases section. --Mark H Wilkinson (t, c) 15:00, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
Would it not be appropriate to list School Reunion? Strictly speaking, that is the immediate predecessor to the first episode, in the show's continuity... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 05:31, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
- It's not the same series. So no, I don't think that's a good idea. — Edokter • Talk • 11:00, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
It seems this episode is consistently skipped in repeats (CBBC is repeating the series at the moment, Mondays 5.15pm, but didn't show this one). I know it's an hour long, but they could split it into two parts, so it might be worth mentioning that this episode is not in the repeat circuit. Digifiend (talk) 13:27, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- It was repeated when Series 1 started airing. But it isn't worth mentioning. — Edokter • Talk • 13:50, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
I just saw the ep and Luke is ADOPTED not activated. Makes it sound like he's part of a terrorist sleeper cell. I corrected it.
Continuity section problem
This section does not have any cites to independent reliable secondary sources. Do any secondary sources give this material significant discussion? If not, the subsection should be removed. Cirt (talk) 21:40, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
- Removed. Cirt (talk) 21:47, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
- Citing primary sources for fictional events is entirely legit. There is not reason to remove it. — Edokter • Talk • 21:55, 5 January 2010 (UTC)