|WikiProject Sri Lanka||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Discussion moved from User talk:Anthony Appleyard
- Please refrain from making unconstructive edits and moves to Kataragama related articles. It seems like you do not have a good understanding, neither about the word "Kataragama" nor about the temple situated in Kataragama. Kataragama is the Sinhalese word to the Sri Lankan town Kataragama. How can you replace the whole Kataragama article by a single sentence "a pilgrimage town in Sri Lanka"??? Further, your Disambiguation page contains false information. No one refers Kataragama devalaya as Kataragama. Sella Kataragama is a small village, which is situated few kms away from Kataragama.
- The town is only known for its temple. Even the Kataragama article describes more about the temple, no any other significant factors. I have been to Kataragama and I know geographically very well about the town and the area.Sudar123 (talk) 05:33, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- An edit war seems to have developed in page Kataragama. It seems to me quite likely that Kataragama is a town, and also the usual name for a well-known temple at that town. Please who do the various uses of the pronoun "you" hereinabove refer to? Anthony Appleyard (talk) 06:34, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- There should be two separate articles for Kataragama and for Kataragama temple in Wikipedia, as it was earlier.User:Kanatonian did a big mistake by redirecting old article in to the new one, made by him. Although the temple is the most famous place in Kataragama,there are other important places too. Kiri Vehera is an example. Thousands of people live in Kataragama, and it is one of the important towns in Sri Lanka. "You" refers to the users who reverted my edit and convert it back to a small Disambiguation page. Please make prior announcements at WikiProject Sri Lanka, before you make big changes to important Sri Lanka related articles. I have been to Kataragama, more than 15 times and know the place much better than both of you. Thanks. --Shehanw (talk) 08:16, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- If so, take care to avoid content forking between page Kataragama and page Kataragama temple. Anthony Appleyard (talk) 08:20, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- Content forking was done by User:Kanatonian, who made a new article for Kataragama temple, when there was an existing one. He created a new article and redirected, the old one in to his new article. Please be careful as an admin before moving pages. Moving Kataragama in to Kataragama temple is same as moving Vatikan in to St. Peter's Basilica. I won't be able to reply anymore today as I am busy. -- Shehanw (talk) 08:52, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- See above my reply Kanatonian (talk) 22:11, 4 October 2010 (UTC)
Blacklisted Links Found on the Main Page
Cyberbot II has detected that page contains external links that have either been globally or locally blacklisted. Links tend to be blacklisted because they have a history of being spammed, or are highly innappropriate for Wikipedia. This, however, doesn't necessarily mean it's spam, or not a good link. If the link is a good link, you may wish to request whitelisting by going to the request page for whitelisting. If you feel the link being caught by the blacklist is a false positive, or no longer needed on the blacklist, you may request the regex be removed or altered at the blacklist request page. If the link is blacklisted globally and you feel the above applies you may request to whitelist it using the before mentioned request page, or request its removal, or alteration, at the request page on meta. When requesting whitelisting, be sure to supply the link to be whitelisted and wrap the link in nowiki tags. The whitelisting process can take its time so once a request has been filled out, you may set the invisible parameter on the tag to true. Please be aware that the bot will replace removed tags, and will remove misplaced tags regularly.
Below is a list of links that were found on the main page:
- Triggered by
\brailway-technology\.com\bon the local blacklist
- Triggered by
If you would like me to provide more information on the talk page, contact User:Cyberpower678 and ask him to program me with more info.