|While the biographies of living persons policy does not apply directly to the subject of this article, it may contain material that relates to living persons, such as friends and family of persons no longer living, or living persons involved in the subject matter. Unsourced or poorly sourced contentious material about living persons must be removed immediately. If such material is re-inserted repeatedly, or if there are other concerns related to this policy, please see this noticeboard.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
A Commons file used on this page has been nominated for deletion
The following Wikimedia Commons file used on this page has been nominated for deletion:
Removal of Date of Birth
While it’s great to have as much detail as possible on most pages, in this case, the subject is the target of a harassment campaign and the inclusion of his date of birth may be likely to further jeopardise his safety. I have left the year of birth in place. For further information, read WP:AVOIDVICTIM 330highflyer (talk) 19:23, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
Date of Birth
I was provided the details from Lenny Pozner directly who stated that this information is available online already and that he wants correct information about him on Wikipedia. If you want the date removed, fine, but he provided it to me specifically to include on Wiki. He also provided me with the picture of Noah along with a release for the picture. --Aceceejay (talk) 19:51, 28 August 2019 (UTC)
Defamation case citations and accuracy
Please use Template:Cite court and link the actual filings. Most of them are at https://infowarslawsuit.com. Also try https://search.txcourts.gov/CaseSearch.aspx?coa=cossup, searching by trial court case number; this has the appellate cases, but not the district cases.
Case names, numbers, & start dates (not opinion dates):
- 2018-04-02 Fontaine v. Jones, D-1-GN-18-001605, Tex. Dist. Ct., Travis Cty., 459th
- 2018-04-16 Pozner v Jones, D-1-GN-18-001842, Tex. Dist. Ct., Travis Cty., 345th
- 2018-04-16 Heslin v. Jones, D-1-GN-18-001835, Tex. Dist. Ct., Travis Cty., 261st
- 2018-09-10 Lewis v. Jones, D-1-GN-18-006623, Tex. Dist. Ct., Travis Cty., 98th
The Texas Supreme Court ruling might be appealed to federal court. If so, there should be a note about it in the docket, and it'll show up at either https://pcl.uscourts.gov (which requires a PACER account, and covers federal district & appellate courts) or https://www.supremecourt.gov/docket/docket.aspx?Search=&type=Docket (no account required, U.S. Supreme Court only).
Some things to be careful of:
- This is in state court (several district courts in Travis County, Texas), not federal court.
- The primary court should be referred to as Travis County (which clearly identifies it), not by reference to Austin (which is also the location of the Texas Supreme Court, the Texas Court of Appeals for the Third District, and the federal U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, each of which are very different).
- Pozner's case is sometimes short-titled de La Rosa v. Jones (de la Rosa is Pozner's ex-wife and co-plaintiff).
- There are at least 4 defamation cases against Alex Jones & Infowars by the same firm: 3 about Sandy Hook (de la Rosa, Heslin, and Lewis) and 1 about Stoneman Douglas (Fontaine). There may also be related cases by other firms.
News stories frequently misstate court cases. Even a cursory look at the actual court documents will usually confirm or deny such issues. Find and cite them directly. Sai ¿?✍ 19:27, 8 February 2021 (UTC)