Talk:Leslie Street Spit
|WikiProject Canada / Ontario / Toronto / Geography||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|This article is written in Canadian English (colour, centre, travelled, realize, analyze), and some terms used in it are different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
was it ever a real spit?
It isn't a real Spit (landform), but before the landfill started, was there an actual spit there? It makes sense that there could have been one there because of the nearby sandy beaches to the east. Paradiso 23:16, 12 August 2005 (UTC)
- I don't think beaches enter into it. The article you linked to explains the common features of a natural spit, but in general a spit is just a narrow strip of land that extends into open water. That said, it was definitely an actual spit once; the article itself says the spit was "Originally a long, slender finger of bare land stretching out into the lake". --Skrapion (talk) 01:39, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
Dear anonymous user who moved the page,
The peninsula's official name is the Outer Harbour East Headland. Let's keep things as official as possible. Kelisi 18:00, 23 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- This pages needs to be moved back to "Leslie Street Spit". The usual wikipedia policy is to list things under their "actual name" rather than their "Official name", as can be viewed on other pages, for example Democratic People's Republic of Korea. 18.104.22.168 13:53, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Leslie Street Spit. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080724181350/http://www.ibacanada.com/pdf/lesliestreetspita.pdf to http://www.ibacanada.com/pdf/lesliestreetspita.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.