Talk:Lid (container)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
WikiProject Containers (Rated Start-class)
WikiProject icon This article is within the scope of WikiProject Containers, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of all types of containers with an emphasis on commercial containers including intermodal containers, packaging, barrels, cartons, boxes, buckets, bottles, jars and related articles on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the quality scale.

Lidding film[edit]

"Some containers such as tubs or jars now have a plastic film heat sealed onto the container: this is often called a lidding film."

I have no objection to this being in the article. I just think it sits much better in the 'History' section than the intro, as the article is about lids of all types, not just this interesting but more recent development. Peteinterpol (talk) 06:24, 8 September 2011 (UTC)

It is not just history, it is a commonly used version of the term "lid". It should be in the intro or body of the article. More discussion of lidding film is needed and welcome. Pkgx (talk) 23:01, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
Hi Pkgx. OK, I can agree with you that it can go in the body of the article. Best wishes, Peteinterpol (talk)