Talk:Life on Another Planet
|WikiProject Comics / United States||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|A fact from Life on Another Planet appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page in the Did you know? column on 23 October 2009 (check views). The text of the entry was as follows: "Did you know||
WHAT IT IS WITH HUMANS
The thing with humans is they always want to know or believe there is more to life than what they already know. The urge for another earth like planet led me to research to what extent astronauts and scientists have gone to researching life in space. My paper is about life in another planet or another object apart from earth, an earth like object with the same characteristics and nature. My paper is based on evident information from the past and present of objects from space indicating life like characteristics. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ngarew (talk • contribs) 15:42, 7 May 2010 (UTC)
In fact it is plausible but not sourced -it has rightly being pointed out that it's more OR than else. Does anyone have more info on that, however? The coincidence is at least curious. --Cyclopia - talk 14:47, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
- Your best bet is finding a review where this is mentioned and including that in the reception section, those kinds of parallels can be quite useful for a potential reader (for example I added quite a few on Cla$$war as they do place the series in the right general areas). If it is notable (and it does strike me as a strong similarity - but my opinion isn't something I can include here) then someone will have said something somewhere.
- The irony is that it does says as much on Contact (novel) but I'll need to flag that as OR too. (Emperor (talk) 04:18, 17 October 2009 (UTC))
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Life on Another Planet. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20091015204155/http://www.willeisner.com/books/life_planet.html to http://www.willeisner.com/books/life_planet.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.