Talk:Lin and Larry Pardey
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Don't you wish some people would read things before slapping speedy deletes around?
Lin and Larry Pardey are a married couple famous internationally for their expertise in small boat sailing.
That's the first sentence - a claim of notability. Slow down on the speedies......
Petesmiles 23:31, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
- Yes. I read that sentence. The one with no sources at all to back it up. IrishGuy talk 23:38, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
Ok, so help me out
I'm sitting with my copy of their book. I know they're famous because almost every serious cruising sailor i've known has recommended them to me over many years - it also helps that their books are fantastic - what's the best way to progress? Petesmiles 23:43, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
unless i'm reading things wrong - a speedy is also only applicable for 'no claim of notability' not for a completely unsourced claim of notability - is this right? Petesmiles 23:44, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
Good Starting Source
 - It's their homepage, but has good bio stuff, and up-to-date info etc. I don't have oodles of time, but when i've checked out some of the guidelines for using author's own homepages as a source i'll start bunging lots of that stuff in... all hands are welcome on deck to assist! Petesmiles 23:54, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
Recommend removing speedy delete tag
In its current state, I believe that this article meets the criteria of asserting notability. At a quick glance on google, it appears that there is a fair amount of information out there on these people, and they have published enough books/dvds to have a potential arguments for notability. Not to say that I'd advocate keeping in an AfD discussion, but I think the article rises above the speedy deletion standard.
I have deleted the blatent sails pitch for their heavy weather book, which is very controversial.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Lin and Larry Pardey. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.landlpardey.com/ColdHardFacts.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070928020755/http://www.48north.com/nov_2005/pardeys.htm to http://www.48north.com/nov_2005/pardeys.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.