Talk:List of Fire Emblem (video game) characters
|This redirect is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Reword please
- 2 Original Research?
- 3 Jaffar (Fire Emblem)
- 4 Game Statistics and Other Guide-Like Additions
- 5 Japanese Names
- 6 Format!
- 7 Leila?
- 8 Ninian and Nils merge.
- 9 Japanese names.
- 10 Refs
- 11 Merlinus
- 12 Raven and Priscilla
- 13 Images
- 14 Recurring characters in the Fire Emblem series
- 15 Confusion
- 16 Requested move to List of Fire Emblem characters
Several sections of this article describe characters by comparing them to characters in other games. This means nothing to readers such as myself who haven't played these other games. Can someone please fix that? --Niroht 16:16, 22 July 2006 (UTC)
- Not only does it reference to characters, it also references the wrong series. I mean, there's no point telling me that someone's the equivalent of someone else in Blazing Sword (this is after all, the page of Blazing Sword characters), where's the someone else FROM?184.108.40.206 00:49, 29 August 2006 (UTC)
The sprite looks decidedly female and does not change depending on gender.
Sounds kind of original research-y to me. Is there any way you could back that up? --User:Awesomosity 4:10, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
I was wondering about that too. It looks male to me. It's probably the robe or whatever it is the tactician wears that threw them off, but I've no idea how to reword it. --Niroht 16:05, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
Why not just say that it doesn't chage depending on gender, and leave it at that? Or say that there is some question as to whether it looks male or female. I dunno. --User:Awesomosity 1:09, 7 August 2006 (UTC)
I have reworded the tactician section to say "The player's game sprite does not change depending on gender, however. The tactician sprite wears thick, green, robelike garments, making the appearance ambiguous." Daegrima pldn 00:43, 17 December 2006 (UTC)
Jaffar (Fire Emblem)
Could someone please merge Jaffar (Fire Emblem) into this article? I REALLY don't think his starting stats, etc. qualify for their own article, and I don't know if Wikipedia is supposed to have so much plot detail. That, and the 'article' needs a rewwrite if it's going to be kept... Should we move towards having each character have their own article, or keep it all in the 'List' page? (Is this where you're supposed to discuss merging? It's where the merge link directed me to.) I remember that the main characters used to have their own articles, but even those were merged in. So, going by previous standards... Merge 220.127.116.11 19:02, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry. I just noticed the Lords have their own pages, but point I was making was that Jaffar is not a 'main' character, per se. Ninian and Nils are far more important to the plot, and they don't have their own articles. Only the Lords and Nergal have their own articles, as they are the main characters. (Zephiel also has his own article, but onyl because he is the main villian of Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsugiri. 18.104.22.168 22:07, 1 December 2006 (UTC)
- I agree that Jaffar probably needs to be merged into this article. Also, a number of other characters in this article need to have their summaries shortened. This article shouldn't be a summary of every support in the game, but rather should just give an idea of who each character is, what role they play, and how they might relate to other characters in the game. If you want to know all the supports, look up a walkthrough. Thoughts? I'll probably work on it myself in a few days if there aren't any objections. -Chickencha 03:27, 7 January 2007 (UTC)
Game Statistics and Other Guide-Like Additions
I've removed most parts that talked about game statistics, characters being of a certain "archetype" (in terms of past Fire Emblem characters), supports, and anything else that makes this article sound like a guide in accordance with the WikiProject Computer and video games article guidelines. This has significantly shortened the article, which was probably also needed. I've also changed the Jaffar (Fire Emblem) article to a redirect, as discussed above. Let me know if there are any concerns. -Chickencha 07:58, 12 January 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for that, that whole referencing other games and archetypes was awful, but for some reaason either I didn't get around to it or it kept coming back. --Niroht 20:00, 12 January 2007 (UTC)
- It's useful for those that might have played an imported Japanese copy of the game or those that wanted to research what the characters were named in the Japanese version.--Hailinel 02:25, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
This article seriously needs some formatting, but I'm not sure how to do this particular thing. As you can see, the spoilers tag is intruding upon the table of contents. What should be done about that? --Niroht | Smoke signals 01:58, 6 March 2007 (UTC)
- Looks like vandalism to me.—Theodorel 21:22, 15 April 2007 (UTC)
- She was his wife. Although she may also have been his sister, that is never explicitly stated or implied in the game, and it isn't very likely. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 20:10, 29 October 2007 (UTC)
Leila and Matthew were not engaged. Matthew had been intending to ask Leila to marry him when they both returned to Ostia. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Wotsalthor (talk • contribs) 04:09, 23 May 2009 (UTC)
Ninian and Nils merge.
As the text is juxtaposed next to the names, it is very hard to make a link to the specific character in this article. As a reult, I believe these names should be bolded below the English name so it is easier to link. Any objections? Thanks. Ashnard Talk Contribs 08:26, 7 July 2007 (UTC)
- How about using the nihongo template like what the Goddess of Dawn characters use? I was told that was the standard way to use them. Aveyn Knight 23:26, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
Besides the overall clean-up in quality this article needs (it has no consistency in tense, too much extra information, poor style), should we add references similar to the ones at List of characters in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance? ThunderkatzHo! 19:05, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
- Ideally, all articles should have references. So yes. List of characters in Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance is at an experimental stage to see if such a list can attain FL status. If such a list as this can't FL status, then the addition of references will make no difference to the quality rating of the article (lists bypass Good status). Currently, I'm adding them references to the PoR list and tidying up, so I won't have any time with this page. It will take a while as I've got loads of homework and other matters to attend to. I see that you've been making contributions to FE articles; I hope that you can help me with the addition of references as—at the moment—I'm a lone ranger. Ashnard Talk Contribs 19:15, 10 September 2007 (UTC)
Merlinus is a playable character and should be added as such. He is a friendly unit who stays on the map under your control. This is proven more when the cursor is moved over him and a movement square pops up (which should be zero with a blue square under him)
Further more, when promoted, he can be moved, and later killed (though he does resurect)
- I agree there, so I moved it. He has all the characteristics of a PC in Fire Emblem: stats, movement, supports, growth rates, dialogue, etc. Aveyn Knight 13:37, 17 October 2007 (UTC)
Raven and Priscilla
It should be added that, even though they are brother and sister, they were sexually attracted and promised eachother in their childhood to get married —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:01, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
- Was that revealed in a support conversation, because I can't remember them exact words when playing the game. Please find that direct quote that states this. Needless to say, this article needs alot of cleanup. Thanks. Ashnard Talk Contribs 15:05, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
She loves him in a sibling way. The conversations with Raven and Lucious can be confusing if you just glance through them, but she doesn't love him sexually. This is taken directly from a the Character Support FAQ at Gamefaqs.com by Muff
PRISCILLA: I...am very happy. To be next to my lord brother like this... I have dreamed often of this day.
RAVEN: ... ...
PRISCILLA: Um...Lord Brother? ...Do you remember this ring?
RAVEN: Hmm, what's that?
PRISCILLA: You have forgotten... That is too bad. When I was young... When I was with you in Cornwell... You made a promise to me, brother. You said: When I grew larger, you'd take me as your bride.
RAVEN: Yes, but, surely... Priscila...?
PRISCILLA: Yes, I know. It was a child's game. So you said to me as I cried and cried... And then you gave me this ring.
RAVEN: And...And you still...
PRISCILLA: I am still a child -- So allow me one more childish wish of you. Please, let me stand here, by your side. Don't make me suffer in loneliness again.
RAVEN: ... ...
Recurring characters in the Fire Emblem series
After browsing through the character page of the Japanese wikipedia, it mentioned on Eliwood's section that in the 'novel' he was linked with Ninian though he could have others in the game, on Florina's she was with Hector in the novel and on Lyn's that she was with Rath. I'm assuming this would canonize these pairings, but I'm unsure as I can't find anything on this novel. Does anyone have any sources? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:13, 16 January 2010 (UTC)
Requested move to List of Fire Emblem characters
- I'm not quite so sure about this as moving the article to the proposed title may confuse people into thinking that this is an article for characters in the overall series and not just the GBA game. In fact I have quite a few doubts that people typing List of Fire Emblem characters are looking for characters for this game in particular.--184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:18, 18 July 2011 (UTC)