Talk:List of counties in Indiana
|List of counties in Indiana received a peer review by Wikipedia editors, which is now archived. It may contain ideas you can use to improve this article.|
|WikiProject United States / Indiana / Counties||(Rated List-class, Mid-importance)|
Sorry for ruining the edit history, but making changes to that table is impossible due to database timeouts, so I had to get creative.Bennyfactor 03:22, 24 August 2007 (UTC) This page must be renamed, as there is actually no list Kostja 15:36, 29 Septembert 2007 (UTC)
Most people would probably be more likely to associate with the county numbers used by the Indiana BMV than those used by the Feds, i.e., I'll always associate 79 with Tippecanoe, 3 with Bartholmew, etc. Jmdeur (talk) 20:13, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- Agreed. And it isn't just the BMV that uses the county numbers. All Indiana courts use the same numbers (46C01 for La Porte County Circuit Court etc), as well as various other county government departments. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 07:07, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
- I got tired of coming to this article and not seeing the BMV county numbers here so I've added them using the Template provided and adding a Data5 column. Probably the daunting task of trying to work with the template was preventing people from trying to add this data. I did it in an automated fashion using an expression in vim as shown in this climagic post. By the way, an interesting reference one could cite for the use of county numbers is a 1995 episode of the MTV show Road Rules where they visit Nashville, Indiana and the police officer explains the use of the numbers to determine locality. --Deltaray3 (talk) 16:53, 28 February 2016 (UTC)
St. Joseph County Population
Where did this population figure come from? I can find no reference that lists the population for St. Joseph county near where what it is listed as. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 02:28, 22 August 2010 (UTC)
- I think the population figures need to be updated to reflect the 2010 census. But there also appear to be other errors in the data. For example, La Porte county's population was showing as 266k, when in fact it is 111k. I changed this, but the rest of the counties need to be verified. I'll do it if I find some spare time. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 07:10, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on List of counties in Indiana. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20020802223743/http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/places2k.html to http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/places2k.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.