Talk:List of institutions of higher education in Haryana
|WikiProject India / Haryana / Education||(Rated List-class, Mid-importance)|
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on List of institutions of higher education in Haryana. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20100918215221/http://www.gjust.ac.in/about/about.htm to http://www.gjust.ac.in/about/about.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110721155303/http://www.jgu.edu.in/jg_cms.aspx?this=1&mid=2 to http://www.jgu.edu.in/jg_cms.aspx?this=1&mid=2
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Why have most of my edits removed, basically removed all the new universities that ar ecoming up, some of these have been:
- Approved by the Haryana Govt Assembly, already made into an act of law
- Approved by the Haryana Govt cabinet, already made into bill, awaiting the enactment as law, it is just a matter of time,
- Some of the institutes have been upgraded to the universities, see the point 1 and 2 above, such as Haryana civil aviation institute to be turned into university (announced, law awaiting enactment, bill being prepared), Sri krishna Ayurvda university 9current collage), etc
- Some Haryana campus of Deemed universities must be captured here too, such as AIIMS Delhi's Haryana extension campus, it has students there from AIIMS Delhi quota.
Please restore all these but insert a note about the status. It is much easier to capture all, including the upcoming ones, than to add those later one by one in future. Whoever is reverting might not thinking of adding these later, but they might not be on wikipedia forever, so better to leave all the "announced universities" in there, include a note of the current status. Please use a more pragmatic approach, with status note. All my updates has link to the announcements. All these institutes will need to be added within few ones one by one any way, messier that way as the risk is the list might be incomplete. Thanks. 2404:E800:E61E:452:6065:C120:E455:8602 (talk) 18:55, 15 July 2017 (UTC)
- To points 1-3, Wikipedia is not a crystal ball. An Act does not mean an institute exists. A Bill definitely doesn't mean it. I can show you examples of institutes that took 20 years to go Bill to Act to establishment. Once an institute exists it can be added.
- To point 4, a campus is not an institute.
- Your so-called "pragmatic approach" means five times more work, trying to understand if something exists or not. --Muhandes (talk) 21:46, 15 July 2017 (UTC)