Talk:Lobes of the brain
|WikiProject Anatomy||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Neuroscience||(Rated Start-class)|
Why not call them left frontal lobe etc.? So get 10 lobes.
- They are called left/right. But the left half doesn't count as a separate lobe from the right, so there's only 5. Also: Please sign your name using four tildes ~~~~ when making your posts. I would also suggest that you get an account for yourself. --M1ss1ontomars2k4 | T | C | @ 00:16, 21 May 2006 (UTC)
im not sure if its only my computer, but i see the Parietal Lobe and the Occipital Lobe having the same yellow color even though the legend says the Parietal should be orange. (Antonio.sierra 23:18, 22 January 2007 (UTC))
The nursing and medical texts refer to Right and Left Hemispheres of the brain. It would be nice to have that illustration included in the lobe content, to see what attributes are affected with Right or Left sided CVA (stroke).Blessings of health to Everyone!Ksabot 20:28, 26 January 2007 (UTC)Karina
Error in diagram of brain lobes
While viewing a Wikipedia page, I came across an error. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/lobes_of_the_brain is the webpage which contains the error. The diagam displaying the lobes of the brain labels the temporal lobe where the parietal lobe should be and the parietal lobe where the temporal lobe should be. A diagram that is correct should show that the temporal lobe is found on the left side of the brain behind the frontal lobe (cerebrum) and the parietal lobe is found on the right side of the brain behind the frontal lobe.
File:Lobes of the brain.jpg Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:Lobes of the brain.jpg, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons in the following category: Deletion requests October 2011
Don't panic; a discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. This gives you an opportunity to contest the deletion, although please review Commons guidelines before doing so.
Number of brain lobes
It's really accepted that the brain has four lobes?. Its frequently found in books but I think we could take in consideration that The International Federation of Associations of Anatomists (IFAA) divides the brain or much better, describes six lobes. Wikipedia also has entries for 6 lobes. Gcastellanos (talk) 14:19, 9 November 2012 (UTC)
- I updated the article listing 6 lobes. Standard(?) number of brain lobes are differed from time to time. Briefly historical difference is as follows.
- I wrote its historical details at Japanese Wikipedia(google trans) 2 years ago. But I did not write that here, because I am not good at English. What I read at that time is PMID 17077641 and PMID 20121437. I want somebody who is good at English writing details in English. thanks.--Was a bee (talk) 00:55, 11 November 2012 (UTC)
Lobes of the brain/lobes of the cerebral cortex
This article seems to be describing how the brain is divided into lobes. If I'm not mistaken the division into lobes is usually specified to the cortex, thus being an areal division rather than a volumetric division. Is this not correct?
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Lobes of the brain. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150404205032/http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/may2001/nimh-29.htm to http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/may2001/nimh-29.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.