Talk:M-50 (Michigan highway)
|M-50 (Michigan highway) has been listed as one of the Engineering and technology good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|WikiProject U.S. Roads||(Rated GA-class, Mid-importance)|
What is the exact eastern terminus for M-50? The article says that it ends at US-24 (North Telegraph Road) in Monroe, Michigan, but other sources indicate that it stretches two more miles to M-125 (Monroe Street), including the Wikipedia article on M-125. The image map used on the M-50 article shows that it runs all the way to I-75 through Monroe's east end, going even further than M-125. Third, various maps, such as Google, show M-50 running past M-125, going through the eastside, but then turning on North Dixie Highway toward Monroe's north side (Frenchtown) and then ending at I-75. For possible endings for M-50:
- At US-24 (North Telegraph Road)?
- At M-125 (Monroe Street) in downtown Monroe?
- At I-75 running through the eastside (Front Street) to I-75?
- At I-75 running through the northside (Front Street–Winchester–N. Dixie Highway) to I-75?
I live in Monroe, and there are M-50 signs going to and ending at M-125 (but another source says those signs are recently outdated). I've also never seen M-50 signs running past that point all the way to I-75. So, what's the eastern terminus? I don't want to make any incorrect changes, but I don't believe that it is US-24 as the article states. —№tǒŖïøŭş4lĭfė ♫♪ 22:53, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
- Michigan Highways, a usually reliable source indicates it formerly extended to M-125 and that in October 2006 it was scaled back to US 24. Prior to that up till c. 1996-1997, it had extended to I-75. Michigan Highway Ends has photographs from 2002 of the end at M-125 as well as photos of the previous end at I-75. This map from the Michigan DOT shows M-50 ending at US 24. older ≠ wiser 16:43, 16 December 2007 (UTC)
- This is the Webmaster of Michigan Highway Ends. I have not updated the M-50 Page yet, but I have received a photo of, and have personally driven by, the M-50 ENDS shield assembly that now stands in front of the US 24/Telegraph Rd. intersection. I will have it up in the next update, but this has been the **official** Eastern Terminus of M-50 since November 2006. DanTheMan474 (talk) 20:22, 20 December 2007 (UTC)
Memorandum of Understanding
The text is copied in full below:
Effective date of transfer: October 4, 2006
Roadway segments transferred from MDOT to the City of Monroe, to become City Major Streets:Comprising a total distance of 1.19 miles.
M-50/Front Street, from the centerline of US-24/Telegraph Road
easterly to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 1.02 miles, in control section 58042;
M-50/First Street, from the centerline of M-50/Front Street easterly to the centerline of M-125/Monroe Street, a distance of 0.17 miles, incontrol section 58042;