Talk:Marshal of the Royal Air Force
Didn't prince Bernhard of the Netherlands also hold this title?
Does this rank exist in other Commonwealth Air Forces?
I have seen a picture of HRH The Duke Of Edinburgh wearing the uniform of Marshal of the Royal Australian Air Force. Does the rank of Marshal of the Royal New Zealand Air Force exist, in theory or on paper? Did the rank of Marshal of the Royal Canadian Air Force exist prior to unification of the Canadian Forces in 1968?--MarshallStack 15:08, 4 May 2006 (UTC)
- See Marshal of the Air Force for MRAAFs and MRNZAFs. I don't think MRCAF ever existed. -- Necrothesp 16:10, 4 May 2006 (UTC)
- I think you're probably right about MRCAF; I've never seen anything official on it and the highest-ranking RCAF officer I've ever seen pictures of was an Air Marshal. Also, you can find a photo of Prince Philip wearing MRAAF uniform in George Odgers' book The RAAF: An Illustrated History.--MarshallStack 23:57, 5 May 2006 (UTC)
What about dr. Karel Janoušek?
He was the only foreigner with the rank of Air Marshal – https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_Janou%C5%A1ek
- he appears to have been granted the rank of Air Marshal not Marshal of the Royal Air Force. Dormskirk (talk) 21:41, 24 October 2014 (UTC)
WikiProject Military history/Assessment/Tag & Assess 2008
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Marshal of the Royal Air Force. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080413024542/http://www.rafweb.org/Glossary.htm to http://www.rafweb.org/Glossary.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.