Talk:Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Is "Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf" the official title? The characters look like sheep, not goats, and the Chinese character 羊 in the name also means "sheep" Ironfrost (talk) 10:13, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
- The official English title is goat though, as given. For all that 羊 yang can be either a sheep or a goat. m.e. (talk) 14:46, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
I don't think the article title is entirely accurate.
- 喜羊羊:喜 as happy? 羊 is sheep obviously.
- 灰太狼:灰 resembles ashes or dust (destruction), but is also a homophone for the colour "grey" (and this character is actually grey). 灰太狼 may mean "malicious big wolf" or something similar.
By the way, this animation is very popular in Mainland China right now, its so fricken annoying, its on every single channel all the damn time. :P Regards, --Talk contribs email guestbook complaints 04:46, 12 April 2009 (UTC) I know this is quite an old discussion, but I do agree: Xi can mean happy but I do not think happy is the most suitable translation. It would be better off as 'likeable' since 喜欢 means 'to like'. Also, I do not know if the sheep in the cartoon are sheep or goats- because they have horns and fluffy wool which is confusing.| —
- I changed everything to goat, except where Lamb was apitalized. It was confusing to read the article with it switching back and forth, and it detracted. Goat is in the English title, but I don't know which they really are. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 06:45, 16 July 2012 (UTC)
Short history video for reference, starts around 0:50
In the first paragraph lies the line,"Unfortunately, the show never had an international release outside of Asia." "Unfortunately" seems a bit out of place, as would "Fortunately". — Preceding unsigned comment added by Czyzczyz (talk • contribs) 18:12, 7 October 2011 (UTC)
- This is insulting! Neither "unfortunately" nor "fortunately" should be used in the article since it's not neutral and it's not Wikipedia's job to form people's opinions. --18.104.22.168 (talk) 16:57, 21 June 2014 (UTC)
Chinese Wikipedia information transfer
Happy Goat or Happy Lamb?
The company which makes the cartoon series call it Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf as can be seen on the official webpage http://us.cpecartoon.com/. It is not a correct translation of the chinese name but it is the official name. User Leo.Li111 has on this page and the danish wikipedia changed the name to what he think is a better translation. I my opion we should use the official name instead of inventing your own since people who will want to read about it will only know the official and not the "better" name we have come up with. Kinamand (talk) 12:14, 9 October 2013 (UTC)
- I agree. Regardless of whether it was translated correctly, it is marketed as Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf. Unless a reference is provided to the contrary, the article should reflect the official name. Fortdj33 (talk) 14:25, 9 October 2013 (UTC)
- I must add it's common for official English names to have absolutely nothing to do with the Chinese name. So it's okay if the official English name isn't exactly what the Chinese name says. WhisperToMe (talk) 07:53, 24 December 2013 (UTC)