|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Rathmines article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Ireland||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
"One of Rathmines' most prominent buildings is the Town Hall and its clock tower (also known as the four-faced liar as no one side shows the same time)."
I'm sorry, but I have lived in Rathmines and never heard of the clock referred to in this way. Is this a weasel word? Iain 16:07, 10 August 2006 (UTC) 16:05, 10 August 2006 (UTC)
- It's unsourced anyway. I'll remove it unless somebody can come up with a source. --Ryano 16:14, 10 August 2006 (UTC)
I once read it in a book I read for a school project on the area, but I certainly never heard anyone actually use the term, and I lived in Rathmines pretty much my whole life. It's probably an expression that came about before wristwatches when people relied on clock-towers to tell the time. I have noticed that the faces are not always in sync, though I honestly couldn't tell you if this has changed recently.
"Four Faced Liar" is a name used to refer to St Ann's Church steeple, Cork (aka Shandon Bells) - I've never heard it used in the context of Rathmines Town Hall Ccferrie (talk) 23:29, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Rathmines. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070927201910/http://www.irish-architecture.com/buildings_ireland/dublin/rathmines/rathmines_church.html to http://www.irish-architecture.com/buildings_ireland/dublin/rathmines/rathmines_church.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131103223245/http://www.dublincitypubliclibraries.com/story/rathmines-library-100-years-heart-community to http://dublincitypubliclibraries.com/story/rathmines-library-100-years-heart-community
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140413124639/https://www.rcpi.ie/content/docs/000001/109_5_media.pdf to https://www.rcpi.ie/content/docs/000001/109_5_media.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.