- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: moved. Star Island will be moved to Star Island (New Hampshire) Number 57 12:46, 26 February 2015 (UTC)
Star Island (disambiguation) → Star Island – The New Hampshire island currently seems to be a primary topic, but I can't find the justification for it. Rational: 1) there are numerous other islands by the same name, so there shouldn't be a preference, 2) the Miami island for one has more links to it than the NH one, 3) at present some topics have already mistakingly been linked to the New Hampshire specimen, because it's occupying the primary topic. So in order to avoid this from happening, it would be best to move the dab page to its usual location so that readers can decide for themselves which island they're after. Midas02 (talk) 05:50, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
- Comment you'd also need to rename the NH island. Therefore this should be a multimove request. What name would you suggest for that? -- 188.8.131.52 (talk) 06:08, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
- Support and comment: It's clear that Star Island in New Hampshire should not be the primary topic. It can be renamed "Star Island (New Hampshire)". There's another Star Island in Lake Sunapee, but it's small and not notable. --Ken Gallager (talk) 13:46, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
- Naming, I believe the format name, State is more usual, at least that's what mostly used for placenames. So that would make it Star Island, New Hampshire. Not sure if that rule also applies to islands or other geographical features. --Midas02 (talk) 15:31, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
- That would be if it were the town of Star Island. As it's a physical feature, like a lake or a mountain, we use the parentheses. --Ken Gallager (talk) 20:23, 18 February 2015 (UTC)
- Support dab should be baseline here. In ictu oculi (talk) 04:15, 24 February 2015 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.