|Stew-Roids has been listed as one of the Media and drama good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|Current status: Good article|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
WW5 = Winamp5?
Could Peter's going on about World War 5 being so intense that it skips over 3 and 4, be a reference to Winamp skipping Winamp 4? Probably not, but it just hit me. What do you think? --126.96.36.199 (talk) 04:45, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Need to add a cultural reference to Spike TV
You forgot to add in something.
For the culture section you left out the movie scene where the man playing the trumpet starts playing Chuck Mangione's Feel so Good.
Reference to This is England?
When Chris is walking down the school hallway with some friends, he acknowledges "Nazi Guy" who looks like one of the characters in that, is this a cultutal reference? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:59, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
Reference to She Wants Revenge
After Louis attempts to console Meg, the music playing at the party is a parody of She Wants Revenge's Killing Time.
I went ahead and published it and it was reverted for unsourced. If you listen to the song on the episode and listen to the track it is just painfully obvious that the lyrics in the Family Guy "Party song" don't even make sense and are just that way to parody She Wants Revenge.--Deadhobo (talk) 14:11, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- You still need a source to include it. Read the first paragraph at WP:V CTJF83Talk 16:49, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- How can I be of assistance? CTJF83 18:54, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe you could review it? Railer-man (talk) 22:07, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not a huge fan of reviewing articles of projects I'm in...people sometimes have issues with that. But if it isn't done by Tuesday (headed out of town), I'll take a look at it. CTJF83 20:13, 18 August 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe you could review it? Railer-man (talk) 22:07, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Stew-Roids/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
Reviewer:) 02:42, 7 September 2011 (UTC)
- It is reasonably well written.
- It is factually accurate and verifiable.
- It is broad in its coverage.
- a (major aspects): b (focused):
- It follows the neutral point of view policy.
- Fair representation without bias:
- It is stable.
- No edit wars, etc.:
- It is illustrated by images, where possible and appropriate.
- There is one dab link Done
- Indicate the series is American in the lead Done
- Fox -> Fox network Done
- "...and he becomes obsessed with his body." I assume Stewie becomes obsessed with his body. The sentence doesn't really make this clear Done
- Add ratings data to lead Not done
- "Peter takes the injects into Stewie, who becomes incredibly buff and develops an aggressive personality, much to the horror of his family." First part of sentence doesn't make sense. Also, there's a lot of "he"s etc; again make clear Stewie is the one taking the drugs Done
- Wikilink Connie D'Amico in lead Done
- "She turns to a reluctant Meg, who relents when a javelin thrown by Chris impales her shoulder." Who does the javelin hit? Done
- Don't think the "dancing naked" thing should really be wikilinked to Jame Gumb; just expand on it a little more in the cultural refs section Done
- Yahoo just lists the crew credits. Nowhere that I can see does it say it was Sulkin's "first episode for the season" or that it was directed "before the conclusion of the seventh production season". TV Guide might have some useful info on the first part. Not done
- The production section is pretty short; the DVD section shouldn't even be there (move to reception section) Done
- "a collection of deleted scenes, a special mini-feature which discussed the process behind animating "Road to the Multiverse", and mini-feature entitled Family Guy Karaoke." Source it Done
- Just delete this from guest star section. You're already citing Yahoo, and no guest stars are listed there anyway Done
- I think listing the guest stars as actors would be better than individually saying actress ___, actress ___ etc Done
- "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show ("Now here's something we hope you'll really like"), She's All That, Michael Vick, and Silence of the Lambs - I don't see these in ref listed Done
- There appears to be other cultural refs you could add though () Not done
- "...pronunciation of the word in John Mayer's "Your Body Is a Wonderland"." Punctuation goes before ref Not done
- Use consistent ref formatting Done
- Ref 3: add date and author
- Ref 5, 6, 7, : add dates
- "Ahsan Haque of IGN gave the episode a score of 8.2 out of 10, calling Chris's storyline "engaging from start to finish" and praising Stewie's temporary build as a "hysterical visual," but criticizing the staleness of Meg's continued poor treatment and the overall condensed feel of Stewie's story, stating that he would have wished it to be more developed and saw it as a missed opportunity for the Stewie of the first couple of seasons back. " Sentence is way too long, verging on a run-on. Split up or add semi-colons Done
- "Steve Heisler of The A.V. Club gave a much more critical review giving the episode a grade of a C, which means that it lost against American Dad which got a B-, but it tied with The King of the Hill and Sit Down and Shut Up episodes of the week both of them was graded C, but won to The Simpsons episode which got a C-. " Same with this one Done
- The A.V. Club is italicized Not done
- Sentences with direct quotes need to end with proper citations Not done
- For Heisler, too many "he" said this. Reuse his name to prevent reader confusion Done
- It has been seven days with no comment back. I'll give you one more day or this review will be failed. Thanks, Ruby comment! 16:37, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
Other issues (other than unresolved comments above)
- The production section is way too short to adequately cover the topic. I don't feel comfortable promoting this article to GA status.
- Ref 3: add publisher
Ref 8 and 9: use consistent date formatting
In the future you should respond to GA reviews so that any unresolved issues can be clarified within the designated hold time limit. The concern with the production section is the main reason I am failing this review, though other issues also remain. Feel free to fix up the article and nominate it again at a later date. Best regards, Ruby comment! 04:56, 15 September 2011 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Stew-Roids/GA2. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- Image: A) NFCC#8 states that an image should be present "only if its presence would significantly increase readers' understanding of the topic, and its omission would be detrimental to that understanding"… This doesn't really help the reader understand the article anymore than words B) It also isn't the subject of critical commentary
- Lede: Stewie, Peter(also voiced by MacFarlane) -> "Stewie, Peter (also voiced by MacFarlane)" Space between 'Peter' and the parenthesis
- Lede: Unlink 'criticizm' per OVERLINK
- Plot: "The Joe and Bonnie host" Kill 'The'
- Plot: Joe is wikilinked twice in this section. Get rid of the second one
- Plot: "...while parodying The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show." Move to "cultural references" and add a citation
- Plot: "Like the season 2 episode "He's Too Sexy for His Fat", the plot-line is never resolved, and his body returns to normal at the end of the episode, with no explanation." Get rid of this, as it does not really add anything to the article
- Plot: "Stewie then ends the episode by saying 'I Flew Today'". Is this needed?
- Production: "The role of Kevin Swanson, that has been portrayed by several people including actor Jon Cryer (second season episode "There's Something About Paulie") and by series creator and executive producer Seth MacFarlane (all subsequent appearances, including his first), was…" -> "The role of Kevin Swanson, who had has been portrayed by several people including actor Jon Cryer in the second season episode "There's Something About Paulie" and by series creator and executive producer Seth MacFarlane in all previous and subsequent appearances, was…"
- Production: Both Lisa Wilhoit and Alex Sulkin are Wikilinked more than one. Remove the subsequent links
- Cultural references: "Spike TV was also parodied." How was it parodied?
- Cultural references: Following Silence of the Lambs, there should be a semicolon, and not a comma
- Cultural references: "poop" -> something more encyclopedic (feces, excrement, etc).
- Cultural references: Lady and the Tramp should be italicized
- Cultural references: Add who sang "We Built This City"
- Cultural references: "He-Man" is the main character. The show is called Masters of the Universe, and should be italicized.
- Reception: You mention that it dropped slightly from last week. Do you have a citation for last weeks episode?
- Reception: Explain what a Nielsen rating is (i.e. The episode received a 4.0/6 percent share in the Nielsen Ratings This means that roughly 4.0 percent of all television-equipped households, and 6 percent of households watching television, were tuned in to the episode.)
- Reception: Add a citation after every direct quotation
- Reception: Link IGN
- Reception: Italicize The A.V. Club
- Reception: "…anymore — 18 minutes…" Remove the spaces around the emdash, or use an endash instead
- Reception: Always place the title of the episode in quotes, such as in the first sentence of the last paragraph
- Reception: Family Guy Karaoke should be in quotes
- References: Use consistent dating methods (either YYYY-MM-DD, or MMMMM DD, YYYY)
- References: Change 20th Centruy Fox to Fox Broadcasting Company and link
- References: The publisher for Refs. 2, 3, and 6 should be Yahoo! TV; kill the "Yahoo! TV" bit in the titles
- References: should use endashes instead of dashes
- References: in Ref. 4 AV Club should be linked and italicized; should also have proper title (i.e. 'Stew-Rods' | Family Guy | TV Club | TV)
- References: Do you know who wrote, Ref. 9, or when it was published?
- References: Link Zap2It
- References: Ref. 13, AV Club should be italicized
- I believe I'm done with everything except the image issue. Do you want me to get rid of it? Pedro J. the rookie 23:53, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
- OK, I made a few changes. Here are a few more issues I found:
- Make sure you use consistent dating method. That hasn't happened yet
- For the "The role of Kevin Swanson, who had" paragraph, can you add a citation to show that Cryer and MacFarlane were the voices
- Dates formatted and eliminated the MacFarlane part since I could not find a reliable source with that info. Pedro J. the rookie 23:28, 9 October 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Stew-Roids. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110711021928/http://www.foxinflight.com/tv/15/ to http://www.foxinflight.com/tv/15/
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-tv-ratings-041909%2C0%2C5300310.story
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20091125114716/http://www.parentstv.org/PTC/publications/bw/2009/0828worst.asp to http://parentstv.org/PTC/publications/bw/2009/0828worst.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.