Talk:Susquehanna Steam Electric Station
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Susquehanna Steam Electric Station article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- The offical name of the plant is Susquehanna Steam Electric Station. Most people use Susquehanna Nuclear Power Plant because it identifies the type of power plant it is, but as for the Wiki article, SSES should be the title. If SNPP and SNPS do not already redirect to SSES they should. --Polypmaster (talk) 14:37, 20 August 2010 (UTC)
Daily electricity production
This is a minor discrepancy I came across. In the intro it is stated that "Susquehanna produces 63 million kilowatt hours per day."
- But, daily (average) production based on infobox (annual generation) is 50 GWh
- And daily production based on infobox (nameplate capacity) is 64.8 GWh
Since the citation doesn't explain the "63 million kWh/dy", I guess it should be either:
- "more than 64 million kWh/dy"
- or "about 65 million kWh/dy"
- or even "on average 50 million kWh/dy".
In addition, xyz million kilowatt-hours, rather than xyz gigawatt-hours looks like a misusage of the metric prefix to me. But that may well be a North American industry custom or even a cultural thing, and that would be perfectly fine with me.--Rfassbind (talk) 09:31, 21 August 2014 (UTC)