Talk:The Yogurt Connection
|WikiProject United States / Indiana||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
- 1 Thank you for the suggestion
- 2 title/focus change suggestion
- 3 Sourcing
- 4 Reported Sources
- 5 Linda Leary, Richard Heilbrunn and Paul Heilbrunn could be redirects to The Yogurt Connection
- 6 Article Redirected To "The Yogurt Connection"
- 7 Thank you
- 8 Insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject matter.
- 9 Title Change
- 10 Added context to first paragraph
Thank you for the suggestion
I'd like to consider it. I like including their names because they were such public personalities. --I3142p168 20:57, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
title/focus change suggestion
This should probably be renamed The Yogurt Connection (drug smugglers) or just The Yogurt Connection, and modified so the main focus is the smuggling ring rather than the individuals who ran it. --Versageek 20:07, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
- After consulting with a few others who do more article editing than I, the title of the main article should probably be The Yogurt Connection, and the names of the individuals Linda Leary, Richard Heilbrunn and Paul Heilbrunn could be redirects to The Yogurt Connection. --Versageek 21:33, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
The article has been reported to Wikipedia:Reliable sources/Noticeboard#The Yogurt Connection in order to get some expert assistance on the off-net sourcing that is at the core of this article. This stems from the article having already been deleted twice under a different name for notability issues. - TexasAndroid 21:06, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
The source articles were produced from LexisNexis' proprietary database. Two of the three stories may be found online. The 136-page indictment is a paper document provided me by the Indiana US District court.
* The New York Times (August 4 1990), Ex-Civic Leader Is Jailed in Drug Smuggling, Section 1; Page 24, Column 1; National Desk
* Harris, Beth (December 20 1989), Prosecutors Seek to Keep Family Jailed on Pot Smuggling Charges, The Associated Press
* Kusmer, Ken (July 19, 1989), AP Writer, Feds Await Return of Prominent Family to Face Drug Charges
Thank you. --I3142p168 21:22, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
Linda Leary, Richard Heilbrunn and Paul Heilbrunn could be redirects to The Yogurt Connection
Could you advise as to creating redirects? Thank you. --I3142p168 22:02, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
- After you have 'moved' this page to The Yogurt Connection, go to the edit screen for each of the names: Linda Leary, Richard Heilbrunn and Paul Heilbrunn and put as the first & only line on each page the text #REDIRECT [[The Yogurt Connection]], then save the page. --Versageek 22:06, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
Article Redirected To "The Yogurt Connection"
I have followed your advice, and after the move the article is no longer visible. How can I track what has happened? Thank you. --I3142p168 22:20, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
- I've moved the talk page content here, but the main page here needs to be deleted before the old main article can be moved. It'll require an admin to straighten out the mess. --Finngall talk 22:36, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
- I think I have it straightened out. Let me know if things are still messed up at all. - TexasAndroid 22:52, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
Thank you very much, TA --I3142p168 23:02, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
- I fixed the links on articles in the main namespace to point to the new, shorter name. --Versageek 23:17, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
I can't tell you how much I appreciate each of you, Versa, Finn, and TA. This process is very impressive and instructional. Many thanks. --I3142p168 23:47, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
Insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject matter.
Could someone clarify what this means in regard to this article? Thanks you. --I3142p168 02:51, 9 June 2007 (UTC)
- In my original title change suggestion, I mentioned "modify so the main focus is the smuggling ring rather than the individuals who ran it".. explaining what is significant about the "Yogurt Connection" in the introduction (rather than leading in with the names of the people involved) would probably provide enough context (IMHO). --Versageek 03:15, 9 June 2007 (UTC)
I am reticent to change the title again. Other editors recommended this title, and one went to lengths to change the links in other articles to match this title. Thank you. --I3142p168 12:55, 9 June 2007 (UTC)
Added context to first paragraph
What makes The Yogurt Connection different from other drug smugglers is the size of their operations for its time, and the high public profile and social influence of its principals." Versageek, is this what you have in mind? --I3142p168 13:17, 9 June 2007 (UTC)