Talk:Thomas J. Watson
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Over the top
In an article on TW Sr, there is no need for a whole section debating the validity of Watson's supposed statement.
- "Although Watson is well known for his alleged 1943 statement, "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers," there is scant evidence he said it." would suffice.
Yes, given the author, the claim is an entertaining thought but this is hardly the place for the extended examination of its authenticity.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Thomas J. Watson. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://futureobservatory.dyndns.org/9081.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120918144825/http://www.oprhp.state.ny.us/hpimaging/hp_view.asp?GroupView=8581 to http://www.oprhp.state.ny.us/hpimaging/hp_view.asp?GroupView=8581
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150319104000/http://www.oglethorpe.edu/about_us/history/honorary_degrees.asp to http://www.oglethorpe.edu/about_us/history/honorary_degrees.asp
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120125093521/http://www.ja.org/hof/year.asp to http://www.ja.org/hof/year.asp
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.