|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated Start-class)|
- OK, but with the subsequent solo career, isn't it time Stuart A. Staples had his very own article? Ditto Dickon. --Sparklism 22:08, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
Tindersticks are probably most notable from an encyclopedic point of view for Stuart Staples' utterly incomprehensible singing, which has made them a byword for that sort of thing, at least among people who've heard of them at all. I think we should probably mention that somewhere. As with a lot of pop culture, I reckon Wikipedia needs to be a little more aware that musicians and actors and so on aren't just 'artists' but also phenomena. For example, you can't talk about Madonna as though she was just a person who sings songs but have to take into account that she managed to keep herself in the charts for however long it was by revamping her image all the time. By the same token, mention of Tindersticks makes a lot of people think 'incomprehensible lyrics', even if they can't name a single song, so we shouldn't pretend it isn't so.Sartoresartus (talk) 11:48, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
- Firstly, I don't agree that Staples' singing is incomprehensible, although it is noteworthy that the group have never included the printed lyrics on the albums, which implies that he wants people to form their own interpretations. Secondly, in terms of this article, you can't just throw in some point about his singing without a reference to back it up. Find something in a review somewhere that talks about his singing being indecipherable and we can take it from there. --Viennese Waltz talk 11:57, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Tindersticks. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070427012326/http://www.stuartastaples.com/leavingsongs.html to http://www.stuartastaples.com/leavingsongs.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.