- The following is a closed discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: moved. See both local support and community consensus (AT policy cited) for this page move. Happy Publishing! (closed by page mover) Paine Ellsworth put'r there 04:38, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
Whitelist → Whitelisting – To keep consistent with the polar opposite subject, Blacklisting. Alternatively, Blacklisting could be moved to blacklist. ToThAc (talk) 16:22, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose But support moving Blacklisting to Blacklist, since all of the child articles are in the noun form.ZXCVBNM (TALK) 19:56, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose But support alternative as per ZXCVBNM. Shadow007 (talk) 00:06, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support We use WP:NOUNs for titles, and this article is not explicitly talking about specific blacklist or whitelist, its talking about the practice of making a blacklist. The current title and alternate proposal would use this as a verb, which is something we can only use (per WP:NOUN) if we use the gerund form (-ing), per articles like swimming or the similar concern raised at the RM recently at tiger parenting. -- Netoholic @ 12:19, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
- Support per Netoholic, mostly. "Swim" in the sense of "take a swim" and "whitelist" in the sense of "he's on the whitelist" are both nouns, but "whitelisting" and "swimming" are gerund forms and thus conform to our rules. As Netoholic says, the encyclopedia topic here is the practice of making the list. Dekimasuよ! 01:29, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.