|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Sports and Games||(Rated Stub-class)|
|WikiProject Chess||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
I started this page and used information taken from Chessgames.com (see http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessplayer?pid=28307) I am in close contact with Mr. Shulman at this time, and I had his approval for the text that it is accurate. Another small note: Mr. Shulman prefers the spelling "Yury" and not "Yuri", although he is still listed in FIDE under "Yuri"
I am new here and unclear on how to make a redirect from "Yuri Shulman", if I can't figure it out soon maybe somebody can help me with that. Daniel Freeman 03:08, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
Wow!! Great job! Thanks for finishing what I started! By the way, maybe I should have mentioned, the info from Chessgames.com is copyrighted but I happen to be the copyright holder so everything is kosher. Thanks again, take care -- Daniel Freeman
Finally found time to learn how to work in Wiki! -- AnnRam
One little problem, though -- it still doesn't redirect from "Yuri Shulman", and it ought to. I tried to figure out how the redirection tag works but failed. Can anybody help me here? If you search for "Yuri Shulman" then it should send you to the Yury Shulman page, and it says "redirected from Yuri Shulman" in small text, like so many pages do. A lot of people might search for him under that spelling and they'll be out of luck. I am trying to figure out how to activate this common Wiki-feature but haven't figured it out yet. -- Daniel
OK, mission accomplished. You create a new page for the page from which you need redirection and then add a redirect command. It's working now. Annram 19:12, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
You're the best Ann Ram, thanks for the wikilesson Daniel Freeman 19:53, 5 February 2007 (UTC)
Does anybody know where Yury Shulman was born (I mean what city) ? pjahr 16:32, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
He was born in Minsk, Belarus Annram 22:16, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 5 external links on Yury Shulman. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090527054950/http://www.qbarrington.com/mj09-feature-chess.html to http://www.qbarrington.com/mj09-feature-chess.html
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20120226200552/http://shulmanchess.com:80/ to http://shulmanchess.com/.
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20070618170500/http://beta.uschess.org:80/frontend/player_55_33.php to http://beta.uschess.org/frontend/player_55_33.php
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20070619022751/http://beta.uschess.org:80/frontend/news_7_50.php to http://beta.uschess.org/frontend/news_7_50.php
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20070622165600/http://www.shulmanchess.com:80/ShulmanGames/shulmangames.htm to http://www.shulmanchess.com/ShulmanGames/shulmangames.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.