|Comune di Tavullia|
|Province||Province of Pesaro e Urbino (PU)|
|Frazioni||Babbucce, Belvedere Fogliense, Case Bernardi, Monteluro, Padiglione, Picciano, Pirano Alto, Pirano Basso, Rio Salso, San Germano|
|• Mayor||Francesca Paolucci|
|• Total||42 km2 (16 sq mi)|
|Elevation||170 m (560 ft)|
(30 November 2016)
|• Density||190/km2 (490/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. Lawrence|
|Saint day||August 10|
Tavullia is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Pesaro e Urbino in the Italian region Marche, located about 70 kilometres (43 mi) northwest of Ancona and about 15 kilometres (9 mi) southwest of Pesaro. Until December 13, 1938 it was known as Tomba di Pesaro.
Tavullia is 70 kilometres (43 mi) northwest of Ancona, 15 kilometres (9 mi) from Pesaro and 30 kilometres (19 mi) from Rimini. Tavullia borders the following municipalities: Gradara, Mondaino, Montecalvo in Foglia, Montegridolfo, Montelabbate, Pesaro, Saludecio, San Giovanni in Marignano, Vallefoglia.
The area of Tavullia was likely inhabited before the Middle Ages, though the first mentioned settlement ia a castle situated on the slopes of Monte Peloso, the "Castrum Montis Pilos Tumbao". It was the location of violent clashes between the Malatesta family ( Guelphs who ruled over the city of Rimini) and that of Montefeltro (Ghibellines). The largest battle was fought in 1443 at Monteluro: the Sforza intervention in favor of the Malatesta led to their victory. The territory was always littered with castles, many of which are now disappeared: that of Monteluro was subject of numerous battles for its strategic importance and now only a few ruins remain.
Position of Tavullia in the Province of Pesaro and Urbino
Fanshop of Valentino Rossi
Bikes of Valentino Rossi in the fanshop
- Valentino Rossi (1979), Motorcycle Racer 9 times World Champion.
- Graziano Rossi (1954), Motorcycle Racer and father of Valentino Rossi.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- Valentino Rossi’s VR46 Riders Academy at Tavullia Ranch - Cycle World, Maria Guidotti, 4 September 2015