Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 TV series) (season 2)
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (season 2)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Original release||October 12, 2013– September 26, 2014|
Executive producer Ciro Nieli confirmed that Mutagen Man will have a large role in the second season and an hour-long episode featuring the voice actors of the original TMNT series (Cam Clarke, Townsend Coleman, Barry Gordon, and Rob Paulsen) in their respective roles for a cameo.
Corey Feldman (who was the voice of Donatello from the first and third entries of the original film series) was confirmed to play the role of Slash. Recurring TMNT character Casey Jones was confirmed to appear in the second season of the series, where he is voiced by Josh Peck.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|27||1||"The Mutation Situation"||Sebastian Montes & Ciro Nieli||Brandon Auman||October 12, 2013||201||2.68|
|The Turtles' mission to prevent the Kraang from delivering a shipment of mutagen to Shredder causes the mutagen canisters to scatter into the city, where one of them hits Kirby O'Neil, causing him to turn into a vampire bat mutant. Extremely upset and disappointed in the brothers' for her father's mutation, an angry April walks out on them.|
|28||2||"Invasion of the Squirrelanoids"||Michael Chang||Todd Garfield||October 19, 2013||203||2.61|
|While searching for the missing mutagen, the Turtles encounter a squirrel forcing its way down the throat of a homeless man. After taking him back to their lair for study, the Turtles are shocked when the creature multiplies within the man's stomach and escapes.|
|29||3||"Follow the Leader"||Alan Wan||Eugene Son||November 2, 2013||202||2.49|
|Shredder heads to Japan to get more forces for his army, leaving Karai in charge of the Foot. Meanwhile, Leonardo is having a hard time getting his brothers to listen to him, but when he gets captured by Karai's new weapon, the Foot-bots, which can adapt to his moves, the others must rescue him and find a way to counter the Foot-bots.|
|30||4||"Mutagen Man Unleashed"||Sebastian Montes||Kevin Burke & Chris "Doc" Wyatt||November 9, 2013||204||2.67|
|Donnie becomes very jealous of a student April is tutoring in math named Casey Jones and vents his sorrows to Timothy. The mutated Pulverizer, affected by this, then begins feeding on the experimental mutagen, enabling him to form sludgy arms and legs, transforming him into the Mutagen blob mutant "Mutagen Man" before escaping to find and persuade with April.|
|31||5||"Mikey Gets Shellacne"||Alan Wan||Thomas Krajewski||November 16, 2013||205||2.67|
|Michelangelo plays with some rejected retro-mutagen samples and contracts a dangerous acne infection that mutates out of control. The Turtles head to the remains of TCRI to find a molecular centrifuge to make an antidote for the infection and find Baxter Stockman with the only one in his possession. Without the centrifuge to help with the cure, Mikey is doomed, so he does whatever it takes to retrieve it, later running afoul of Dogpound, who is mutated by a second mutagen batch into the werewolf-like supermutant "Rahzar".|
|32||6||"Target: April O'Neil"||Michael Chang||Nicole Dubuc||November 23, 2013||206||2.54|
|The Kraang and Karai continue their pursuit of April with an advanced Foot Bot called "Chrome Dome". With no other choice, April must put aside her grudge against the Turtles (After realizing that she may have put her friends, most notably Casey Jones, in jeopardy) and repair her friendship with them, sealing it with a kiss on Donnie's cheek as an apology, to take down both Chrome Dome and a squadron of Foot Bots.|
|33||7||"Slash and Destroy"||Sebastian Montes||Gavin Hignight||November 30, 2013||207||2.51|
|After Raph's pet box turtle Spike drinks some mutagen, he mutates into a spiky, hulking box turtle mutant, renaming himself "Slash". Slash offers Raph a chance to join with him and form an ultimate ninja team, to which Raph happily accepts, thrilled by the idea of fighting crime side-by-side with his newly mutated buddy. However, Slash's true motives eventually emerge: the elimination of Leo, Donnie, and Mikey.|
|34||8||"The Good, the Bad, and Casey Jones"||Michael Chang||Johnny Hartmann||February 2, 2014||209||2.69|
|Casey Jones establishes a new motive to protect New York from any future attacks from ninja and mutants. Casey ends up meeting Raphael (who is learning about anger control from Splinter) and since he is both a mutant and a ninja, Casey considers him a threat. Casey ends up following Raph to the sewer lair and discovers the existence of Splinter and the other three Turtles, as well as their friendship with April. However, he unintentionally leads the Foot Bots to the lair. Raph and Casey have to set aside their differences before their location is revealed.|
|35||9||"The Kraang Conspiracy"||Alan Wan||Brandon Auman||February 9, 2014||208||2.87|
|April feels left out and insists on joining the Turtles on a mission to a newly-rebuilt TCRI. During this time, a secret about April's origins is revealed by a mysterious man.|
|36||10||"Fungus Humungous"||Sebastian Montes||Mark Henry||February 16, 2014||210||2.81|
|When the spawns of mutated sentient mushrooms spread through the sewers, their spores cause April, Casey, and the Turtles to experience their worst fears. Leonardo must face his greatest fear of losing his team in order to stop the Fungus.|
|37||11||"Metalhead Rewired"||Alan Wan||Peter Di Cicco||February 23, 2014||211||2.66|
|After Donnie upgrades Metalhead's artificial intelligence, the other Turtles become suspicious of the new, sentient Metalhead. At the same time, the Turtles stumble upon the Kraang's plot where they have been capturing the mutants so that they can control them.|
|38||12||"Of Rats and Men"||Sebastian Montes||Todd Garfield||March 2, 2014||212||2.7|
|When the Rat King returns, Splinter must overcome his fears of being controlled by Rat King in order to defeat his enemy. Meanwhile, Michelangelo adopts a stray cat that April found after it unknowingly eats ice cream and mutagen transforming it into "Ice Cream Kitty."|
|39–40||13–14||"The Manhattan Project"
|Michael Chang & Alan Wan||Brandon Auman & John Shirley||March 14, 2014||997||2.36|
When Shredder returns from Japan with a new apprentice, a Bengal tiger mutant called Tiger Claw, Leo considers asking Splinter for help. Meanwhile, Donnie must put aside his rivalry with Casey in order to uncover a Kraang plot that involves gigantic blue worms which re the source of mutagen called Kraathatrogons, which are causing earthquakes all over New York.
|41||15||"Mazes & Mutants"||Michael Chang||Eugene Son||April 27, 2014||215||2.67|
|The Turtles try to relax by playing a role-playing game called "Mazes & Mutants," but the game becomes real when a house sparrow mutant named "Sir Malachi" sends the Turtles into the game in order to make it through the maze, defeat the dragon, and save Princess April.|
|42||16||"The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman"||Sebastian Montes||Brandon Auman||May 4, 2014||216||2.32|
|Donnie finally discovers a Retro-Mutagen that can restore Kirby to his human form as he, the other Turtles and April set out to find him. Meanwhile, Stockman gets mutated by Shredder into the housefly mutant "Stockman-Fly" for his 74 consecutive failures to create a perfect mutant army. When he finds out about the Retro-Mutagen, he kidnaps April and demands that the Turtles hand it over to him in exchange for her, prompting the Turtles and Casey to go and rescue her, whilst facing off against Razhar.|
|43||17||"Newtralized!"||Alan Wan||Gavin Hignight||May 11, 2014||217||2.03|
|Tension arises between Raph and Casey due to Casey's inability to handle bigger mutant threats. This issue is truly put to the test when Raph and Casey cross paths with Slash and his new partner: the Newtralizer.|
|44||18||"Pizza Face"||Sebastian Montes||Kevin Burke & Chris "Doc" Wyatt||May 18, 2014||219||2.29|
When living pizzas begin turning people into zombies, including Leo, Raph, Donnie, Splinter, and April, it's up to Mikey to save them from their leader, a pepperoni and mushroom pizza mutant named "Pizza Face".Note: In this episode, Leonardo is voiced by Dominic Catrambone instead of Jason Biggs.
|45||19||"The Wrath of Tiger Claw"||Michael Chang||Christopher Yost||June 8, 2014||218||2.30|
Tiger Claw returns and vows revenge on the Turtles and works with Karai on a ruse to locate their lair, but it fails when the truth about herself as Splinter's long-lost daughter Miwa, is revealed to her and she furiously turns against him and the Foot clan. Unfortunately for Karai, Shredder imprisons her in a cell now that she knows the truth.Note: Jason Biggs voices Leonardo for the last time.
|46||20||"The Legend of the Kuro Kabuto"||Alan Wan||Doug Langdale||June 15, 2014||220||1.87|
Feeling ashamed of himself for losing Karai to Shredder like Splinter did, Leo talks the other Turtles to help him rescue her. Meanwhile, Anton Zeck, a professional thief in a high-tech energy suit, is hired by Ivan Steranko, a Russian arms dealer and artifact collector who is an old mafia business partner of Shredder's, to steal Shredder's helmet, the "Kuro Kabuto". When the Turtles accidentally come into possession of the Kabuto, however, they decide to use it to their advantage and trade it for Karai, eventually leading to an all-out battle between them, Zeck, and Shredder's forces to claim it.Note: Leonardo is voiced by Dominic Catrambone for the last six episodes of the second season.
|47||21||"Plan 10"||Michael Chang||Henry Gilroy||June 22, 2014||221||2.13|
|When Raphael accidentally switches minds with a Kraang after one of their Earth infiltration devices is damaged, he must find a way out of the Technodrome and back to his body without being discovered before "Plan 10" goes into full effect.|
|48||22||"Vengeance is Mine"||Sebastian Montes||Peter Di Cicco||June 29, 2014||222||2.17|
|Leo stages a rescue for Karai against Splinter's wishes. While the mission is a success, Karai's knowledge of the truth makes her rush out to take her revenge on Shredder for killing her mother and lying to her for so long, leading to an unexpected turn of events. Karai inadvertently falls into a vat of mutagen, turning her into a mindless snake-like creature when Shredder originally planned to have the Turtles' fall in the mutagen instead.|
|49||23||"A Chinatown Ghost Story"||Alan Wan||Randolph Heard||September 12, 2014||223||1.33|
|The evil spirit of a powerful Shang Dynasty martial artist named Ho Chan is released by the Purple Dragons. He uses them to kidnap April and and another classmate of hers, Irma Langenstein, so that he can drain their vital life-force energy. Donnie and Casey have to work together to rescue the two and face Leo, Raph, and Mikey when Ho Chan turns them into his brainwashed-soldiers.|
|50||24||"Into Dimension X!"||Sebastian Montes||Doug Langdale||September 19, 2014||224||1.70|
|After receiving a message from an aged Leatherhead that the Kraang have perfected the mutagen, Mikey heads to Dimension X to rescue him by using the portal the Turtles have. The others follow him, and they will need Mikey's expertise to figure out the Dimension in order to find the Kraang's fortress, which is guarded by the rock monsters Traag and Granitor, rescue Leatherhead and stop the Kraang's terraforming plot.|
|51||25||"The Invasion" (Part 1)||Michael Chang||Brandon Auman||September 26, 2014||225||1.63|
|As a last resort at getting back at the Turtles and Splinter for Karai's mutation, Shredder and the Kraang join forces as the Kraang launch a full-scale Invasion on Earth. With the Kraang now attacking New York, Leo and Donnie argue over strategies for defeating the Kraang.|
|52||26||"The Invasion" (Part 2)||Alan Wan||John Shirley||September 26, 2014||226||1.63|
|With their home destroyed by Irma, who was revealed to be the Kraang's second-in-command, Kraang Sub-prime, in disguise, and the mutagen greatly perfected, the Turtles, April, and Casey must survive the ongoing assault of the Kraang Invasion, while Leo goes head-to-head with Shredder's men and his army of foot-soldiers. Meanwhile, Splinter and Leatherhead go one-on-one with the Shredder himself.|
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Renewed by Nickelodeon for Second Season; Premiere is Number 1 Kids Program on Basic Cable – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved 2012-12-30.
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season Two to Premiere October 12". ComingSoon.net. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- Brian Truitt, USA TODAY 10:02 a.m. EDT April 3, 2013 (2013-04-03). "'TMNT' embraces animated Turtle power in five ways". Usatoday.com. Retrieved 2013-09-26.
- "NYCC: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 2 – The 1980s Turtles Will Cameo". IGN. 2013-10-11. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- "Corey Feldman is Slash for Nick's TMNT". Theouthousers.com. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- "New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Balances Comedy and Action". IGN. Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- Comic-Con: Nickelodeon Sets 'Legend of Korra,' 'Ninja Turtles' Panels (Exclusive) Hollywood Reporter, Retrieved July 13, 2013
- "Jason Biggs replaced by Seth Green as voice of Leonardo on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series". Metro.co.uk. 2014-06-19. Retrieved 2014-06-20.
Rumours have been circulating in recent weeks as to Biggs' future in the hit animated franchise, with Dominic Catrambone voicing the character in recent episodes.
- "Nickelodeon Renews 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' for Season 4 (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Shows A-Z – teenage mutant ninja turtles on nickelodeon". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- Son of the Bronx on 10/19/2013 (2013-10-13). "Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., NickToons, TeenNick and Nick at Nite ratings". Sonofthebronx.blogspot.ca. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 22, 2013). "Nickelodeon is Week's Top Cable Net with Kids and Total Viewers". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- Pucci, Douglas (October 26, 2013). "Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., NickToons, TeenNick and Nick at Nite ratings (October 14-20, 2013)". Son of the Bronx. Blogspot. Retrieved December 22, 2014.
- Son of the Bronx on 11/09/2013 (2013-11-03). "Son of the Bronx: Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., NickToons, TeenNick and Nick at Nite ratings (October 28 – November 3, 2013)". Sonofthebronx.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- Son of the Bronx on 11/16/2013 (2013-11-03). "Son of the Bronx: Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., NickToons, TeenNick and Nick at Nite ratings (November 4–10, 2013)". Sonofthebronx.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- Son of the Bronx on 11/23/2013 (2013-11-03). "Son of the Bronx: Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., NickToons, TeenNick and Nick at Nite ratings (November 11–17, 2013)". Sonofthebronx.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2013-11-23.
- Son of the Bronx on 11/30/2013 (2013-11-03). "Son of the Bronx: Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., NickToons, TeenNick and Nick at Nite ratings (November 18–24, 2013)". Sonofthebronx.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2013-11-30.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 4, 2013). "Saturday Cable Ratings: College Football Wins Night + 'SportsCenter', 'Let It Snow' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- Son of the Bronx on 2/08/2014 (2014-02-02). "Son of the Bronx: Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., NickToons, TeenNick and Nick at Nite ratings (January 27 – February 2, 2014)". Sonofthebronx.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 11, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Tops Night + 'Real Housewives of Atlanta', 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved February 11, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (February 19, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Wins Night, NBA All Star Game, 'Real Housewives of Atlanta', 'True Detective', 'Shameless' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 25, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Wins Night, + 'Talking Dead', 'Real Housewives of Atlanta', 'True Detective' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (March 4, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Wins Night, 'Talking Dead', 'True Detective', Oscars Red Carpet, 'Girls' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) (a Titles & Air Dates Guide)". Epguides.com. 2014-06-03. Retrieved 2014-08-17.
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Episode: "Wormquake!"". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Episodes. TV Guide. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- "Wormquake!". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Episode Info. MSN TV. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Episode Guide for Season 2". Zap2it. Retrieved June 1, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (March 17, 2014). "Friday Cable Ratings: 'Gold Rush' Wins Night, 'WWE Smackdown', College Basketball, 'Beyond Scared Straight', 'Helix' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 29, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Game of Thrones' Wins Night, NBA Playoffs, 'Real Housewives of Atlanta', 'Mad Men', 'Devious Maids' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 6, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Game of Thrones' Wins Night, + 'Real Housewives of Atlanta', 'Married to Medicine', 'Silicon Valley' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (May 13, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Game of Thrones' Wins Night, NBA Playoffs, 'Silicon Valley', 'Bar Rescue', 'Real Housewives of Atlanta', 'Mad Men' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved May 15, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 20, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Game of Thrones' Wins Night + 'Silicon Valley', 'Real Housewives of Atlanta', 'River Monsters', 'Married to Medicine' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved May 21, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (June 10, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Game of Thrones' Wins Night, 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians', 'Devious Maids', 'Veep', 'Turn' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved June 15, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (June 17, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'Game of Thrones' Wins Night + World Cup Soccer, 'Keeping up with the Kardashians', NASCAR & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved June 19, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (June 24, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: World Cup Soccer Wins Night, 'True Blood', 'The Last Ship', 'Falling Skies','Devious Maids', 'Penny Dreadful' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved June 26, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 1, 2014). "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'BET Awards' Leads Night + World Cup Soccer, 'True Blood', 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians', 'The Last Ship' & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- "Ratings for Friday, September 12, 2014". TV Media Insights. September 16, 2014. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "Ratings for Friday, September 19, 2014". TV Media Insights. September 23, 2014. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "Friday Final Ratings: "Shark Tank Tops in Adults 18-49: "Blue Bloods" Most Watched". TV Media Insights. September 29, 2014. Retrieved October 5, 2014.