Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles|
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" by Matt Mahaffey|
|Ending theme||"Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||39|
|Running time||22 minutes (2 11–minute segments)|
|Production company||Nickelodeon Animation Studio|
|Distributor||ViacomCBS Domestic Media Networks|
|Original network||Nickelodeon (2018–19)|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||July 20, 2018 –|
|Preceded by||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 TV series)|
Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (also known as Rise of the TMNT) is an American 2D-animated television series based on the fictional ninja team the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The series debuted on September 17, 2018, after a sneak preview aired on July 20. The first 5 episodes of the series were released online the same day. The series was announced by Nickelodeon on March 2, 2017, and was initially scheduled to run for at least 26 episodes. This re-imagined series has the Turtles go on new adventures as they seek to unlock the mystical secrets of New York City.
On July 27, 2018, Nickelodeon renewed the series for a second season consisting of 26 episodes prior to the official debut of the first season.
Deep in the sewers of New York City, four mutant turtle brothers lurk. Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo are in their early teen years, and the brothers go on new and exciting adventures. They tap into their mystic ninja powers to learn to work together as a cohesive unit and become a team of heroes as they navigate the modern world and other hidden realms. The brothers get a whole new look, new weapons, and new powers as they discover the hidden city beneath New York and find time for a slice of their favorite pizza.
In the first season, the turtle brothers, along with their friend April O’Neil, meet an evil alchemist named Baron Draxum, and the dangerous Foot Clan. They also learn of their Master Splinter's secret: that he was once martial arts expert, and movie star, Lou Jitsu. They must collect pieces of an ancient dark armor to prevent the Foot Clan and Draxum from resurrecting the Shredder, a demon once banished by Splinter's ancestors.
In the second season, the brothers face new and old enemies, most notably the evil Shredder, and must stop him from destroying all of New York City.
- Raph (voiced by Omar Benson Miller) – A 15-year-old snapping turtle and initial self-proclaimed leader of the group prior to the second season finale, Raph formerly wields two tonfa in battle that can amplify his own strength with red energy and he had been given new sais in the Season 2 finale with the same abilities. In "Mascot Melee", it is revealed that Raph is allergic to peanuts and has a weakness for teddy bears. He has a habit of speaking in the third person in battle. Raph has numerous catchphrases: "Jumpin' Jackflash" when surprised and "Hot Soup" as a battle cry.
- Leo (voiced by Ben Schwartz) – A 14-year-old red-eared slider who is known to be called the "trickster", and thinks that his one liners will "fire up the team"; but has actual encouraging charisma as shown in "Origami Tsunami". Leo wields an ōdachi sword in battle that can open portals, but he had been given new katanas in the Season 2 finale with the same abilities. He enjoys skateboarding and keeps plants in his room. The episode "Minotaur Maze" reveals that Leo has an insecure side. In "The Gumbus", it is shown he feels a need to be right. By the end of the four part "Finale" episodes, Splinter makes Leo the new leader of the group.
- Mikey (voiced by Brandon Mychal Smith) – A 13-year-old ornate box turtle who is the "youngest jokester, prankster brother." He is an affectionate and sensitive artist, and is also called the "wild card". Mikey wields a kusari-fundo in battle that can become a fire spirit, but he had been given new set of nunchaku in the Season 2 finale with the same abilities. In "Donnie's Gifts" and "The Longest Fight", it is revealed that Mikey also has a passion for cooking especially for pizza. He is implied to have a fast metabolism, being miserable in his hunger as seen in "Minotaur Maze" and comparatively to the point of extreme anger as seen in "Pizza Pit".
- Donnie (voiced by Josh Brener) – A 14-year-old spiny softshell turtle. He is the "genius of the team" and relishes praise from others. He has a sidekick drone named S.H.E.L.L.D.O.N. along with many battle shells that he makes in order to help him in battle because of his species. He rejects claiming a magical weapon like his brothers, and instead wields a high-tech version of his traditional bō staff in battle that can transform into a multitude of weapons like drills or a rocket powered hammer. This was destroyed near the end of Season 2, and was replaced with a mystic bō staff with magic energy versions of his gadgets. The new mystic staff could also link up with his technological attachments.  In "Mascot Melee", it was revealed Donnie has a crush on a comic book heroine called Atomic Lass. In "Stuck on You", Donnie reveals his computer password is "Bootyyyshaker9000" due to his love of dancing.
- April O'Neil (voiced by Kat Graham) – A human friend of the Ninja Turtles, she has already known them for 5 years prior to when the show started and is like their sister. April is a fun-loving thrill seeking girl with glasses who is constantly looking for a job to support herself which constantly goes wrong. "Hypno: Part Deux!" shows that despite her bravado, she has a hard time making friends at school and is nervous about high school gatherings. When fighting, she also wields a baseball bat. In "Warren & Hypno, Sitting in a Tree", it is revealed that April knows who Warren Stone is as she was part of a fan club dedicated to him called the Stoneheads, and she is 16 years old. In "Donnie vs. Witch Town", April's bat gets enchanted during her visit to the Hidden City's Witch Town district.
- Mayhem / Agent 64 – An unspecified cat/dog-like creature with short-range teleportation abilities that becomes April's pet. It is an agent that worked for the Council of Heads against Baron Draxum and was sent to monitor him.
- Hamato Yoshi / Lou Jitsu / Splinter (voiced by Eric Bauza) – Splinter is a mutant gray rat who is the Ninja Turtles' sensei and father. He is fond of watching the projects of Lou Jitsu, milk, and cake. His training of the Turtles manifests in copying and watching Lou Jitsu tapes, which is revealed to be more effective than the brothers expected. In "The Evil League of Mutants" and "Shadow of Evil", Splinter is revealed to be Hamato Yoshi as he neglected to carry out out the Hamato Clan's mission in preventing Shredder's return by working in Hollywood under the stage-name of "Lou Jitsu". He acquired a large fanbase during his career including Baron Draxum, who used his genetic sample to create the Turtles, and some members of the Foot Clan. His use of unconventional weaponry is inspired by Jackie Chan. The flashback sequences of "Many Unhappy Returns" and "Goyles, Goyles, Goyles" reveal how Yoshi was abducted by Big Mama to fight in the Battle Nexus and his later mutation, from being constantly bitten by a rat, while Draxum used his DNA to create the Turtles.
- Baron Draxum (voiced by John Cena in season 1, Roger Craig Smith in season 2) – A maroon-skinned Yōkai warrior and alchemist from the Hidden City with maroon hair and faun-like legs, who has the power to augment his own body by crushing purple pods in his hands, and can manipulate giant purple tentacle-like vines to grab objects, enemies, or as a means of transportation. As the self-proclaimed protector of all mutantkind, Baron Draxum seeks to mutate humanity to avert a prophecy predicting the destruction of the Yōkai. An incident amidst an earlier attempt to turn humanity into Yōkai led to the creation of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles while causing Hamato Yoshi's transition into Splinter, attempting to win the former to his side before joining forces with the Foot Clan to reassemble the Kuroi Yōroi and revive Shredder. In "How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will", Draxum exploits a loophole in the Foot's rules to becomes its leader through tactics that enable him to gain a shard of the Kuroi Yōroi that the Foot Lieutenant and Foot Brute failed to acquire. In the episode "End Game", Draxum equips the restored Kuroi Yōroi armor with the intention of destroying humanity once and for all. The Foot Lieutenant and Foot Brute address him as Shredder, but he rejects the title, confused with the name "Shredder". Due to a Jupiter Jim action figure being wedged in a hole in the back of the helmet, the Turtles managed to attack that part and cause the armor to fall off of Draxum, though the armor is revived after siphoning some of Draxum's life force, degrading his body to nearly a corpse and weakening his powers considerably. After the Foot Recruit emerged from the portal, Draxum used his weakened abilities to escape through it. In "Repairin' the Baron", Mikey takes in a weakened Draxum and teaches him to tolerate humans with Raph's help. After saving a mother and daughter from the ferris wheel during Garm and Freki's attempt to capture him at Albeartoland while losing his mask in the process, and slowly starting to regain his lost power, he starts to tolerate humans, after which, Raph and Mikey get him a job working at the cafeteria at April's school. In the four part "Finale" episodes, Draxum realized that Shredder was the threat to the Yōkai mentioned in the prophecy, not humanity.
- Todd Capybara (voiced by Thurop Van Orman) – A friendly mutant capybara and selfless charitable proprietor of Cuddles Cakes Puppy Rescue on Long Island. In exchange for Todd giving up his RV, Michelangelo and Donatello build a new type of residence for Todd and his rescue puppies. In "Portal Jacked", Todd has a picture in Run of the Mill Pizza that lists him as a "best customer".
- Señor Hueso (voiced by Eric Bauza) - A skeleton who uses his own left arm for a cane. He is the doorman and manager of the pizza parlor called Run of the Mill Pizza in New York's mystical Undercity. In "Portal Jacked", Senor Hueso has the brother named Capitán Piel. Señor Hueso's name is Spanish for "Mr. Bone".
- Stanley / Bullhop (voiced by Dave Foley) - A Canadian immigrant and bellhop who worked at The Grand Nexus Hotel that was actually a front for Big Mama's Battle Nexus. When the Oozesquitoes swarmed in the hotel, the Turtles tried to keep Stanley from getting stung only to fail. As a result of his consumption of beef jerky as noted by Big Mama, Stanley is turned into a mutant bull and flees the hotel. After the Turtles try to make up for their mistake, he becomes their friend and develops advanced dancing skills. This character is a homage to Jerry Lewis' role in the movie The Bellboy.
- DIGG - A trio of girl rock musicians longing for their breakthrough. Turned into a mutant burrowing animal by the Oozequitoes during one of their gigs, they attempt a misguided scheme to win themselves an attentive debut audience by targeting the different pizzerias. With the Turtles' aid, they finally become an attraction as pizzeria musicians while also reuniting a family of pizza makers.
- Prairie Dog (voiced by E. G. Daily) - A mutant prairie dog who is the group's lead singer and guitarist.
- Ground Hog (voiced by Betsy Sodaro) - A mutant groundhog who is the group's dig-obsessed drummer. She has a tendency to say "dig" when she is burrowing.
- Honey Badger (voiced by E. G. Daily) - A mutant honey badger who is the group's secondary guitarist. She is the strongest of the group.
- Sunita (voiced by Kody Kavitha) - A slime Yōkai that can explode and reassemble at will. She can assume a human form thanks to a special amulet. At the time of meeting April and the Turtles, Sunita was wearing metal boots that turned out to be a part of the Kuroi Yoroi leading her to be targeted by the Foot.
- Frankenfoot (voiced by Rob Paulsen) - A patchwork Origami Ninja put together by Raph as a sparring partner. He becomes a permanent member of the team, even earning a Turtle insignia courtesy of Mikey.
- S.H.E.L.L.D.O.N. (voiced by Greg Cipes) - An A.I. invention that is devoted to its creator Donnie causing a disgruntled Raph, Leo, and Mikey to reprogram and thus inadvertently turning it against their brother. Donnie was able to fix it.
- Piebald (voiced by Chelsea Peretti) - A goldfish that is owned by Splinter and was accidentally flushed down the toilet by Leo months ago. After traversing through the sewers and nearly being eaten by Trash Wizard, Piebald swallowed an Oozesquito and mutated into her current form with camouflage abilities. She secretly returned to the lair and masterminds a scheme with Splinter to teach the Turtles a lesson actions by picking them, Splinter, and Frankenfoot off one by one.
- Gentry (voiced by Evanna Lynch) - A young Yōkai witch from the Hidden City's Witch Town district who befriends April and (though much less) Donatello.
- Hamato Karai (voiced by Gwendoline Yeo) - The founder of the Hamato Clan and the daughter of Oroku Saki. She and the Hamato Clan defeated Shredder at the cost of Karai being imprisoned in the Twilight Realm.
- Cassandra "Casey" Jones (voiced by Zelda Williams) - First appearing under the alias of the Foot Recruit, Cassandra Jones is female member of the Foot Clan with a hyper-aggressive personality who is a genderbent version of Casey Jones, and debuted in "Hot Soup: The Game". In "How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will", Cassandra assists Baron Draxum in getting a Kuroi Yōroi fragment from a statue in the botanical gardens so that she can be able to move up. In "Battle Nexus: New York", Cassandra was placed in a cruise by Shredder so that Big Mama can make New York into the Battle Nexus. She was the one who found that Big Mama was controlling the Shredder using a control device on him and it's associated magic ring. When she claims the magic ring, Cassandra controls the Shredder into destroying the Grand Nexus Hotel as she shouts the Foot Clan's name. When the Shredder regained his power of speech, he promoted Cassandra to the rank of Foot General and had her perform the ritual to drain Splinter's essence. Cassandra later defected to the Turtles' side and helped to defeat the Shredder while revealing her true name to them.
- Hamato Atsuko (voiced by Keiko Agena) - Hamato Yoshi's late mother who died in her duty to her family's destiny to contain the Shredder while Yoshi was still a child.
- Foot Clan – A ninja clan seeking to resurrect the Shredder and take over New York City. They can make origami ninjas out of paper and have the power of teleportation through hidden gateways. In "Shadow of Evil", it is revealed that the Foot uses a shoe store called the Foot Shack as a front for their activities. Most of its members have been fans of the Lou Jitsu films. In "How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will", Baron Draxum took command over the Foot after exploiting a loophole in the clan's rulings of leadership. However, in "End Game" and "Many Unhappy Returns", it is revealed that the Foot were just manipulating Draxum into donning the Kuroi Yōroi so it could drain his life force to reassemble and resurrect the Shredder.
- Oroku Saki / Shredder (voiced by Hoon Lee) - The original leader of the Foot Clan. 500 years ago, Oroku Saki was possessed by the demonic Kuroi Yōroi armor that swallowed his soul after having to make a deal with a horrible Oni, which was revealed in the final episode to have been Krang, to forge this nigh-unstoppable armor. Shredder terrorized Japan until he was defeated by the Hamato Clan with his armor being broken into pieces and scattered across the world to prevent his return. The Foot and Baron Draxum began seeking out the fragments of the Kuroi Yōroi to reassemble it and resurrect the Shredder, the latter being tricked into wearing the armor so his life force can be siphoned. Shredder reconstitutes himself after the Turtles broke the armor off of Draxum, through only as a feral beast due to something that went wrong with his resurrection. Big Mama provides a bauble for the Turtles and Splinter to trap Shredder in another dimension, though she makes a secret last-minute alteration to this plan. This was revealed to have involved placing a control device on the Shredder and using the associated magic ring to control Shredder into being "Shadow Fiend" and abducting Meat Sweats, the Foot Recruit, Hypno-Potamus, Ghostbear, and Carl Sando for her Battle Nexus tournament in New York. When the Foot Recruit claims the magic ring, she controls the Shredder into destroying the Grand Nexus Hotel as she shouts the Foot Clan's name. When the Turtles, April, and Splinter went into the Twilight Realm to get the weapon needed to defeat Shredder, the side effect caused Shredder to regain his intelligence. When he captured Splinter and Baron Draxum, Shredder made the Foot Recruit his general perform a ritual to drain Splinter's essence. With help from the Hamato Clan, the Turtles defeated Shredder by vanquishing the Kuroi Yōroi for good and brought back Oroku Saki to the Hamato Clan.
- Foot Lieutenant (voiced by Rob Paulsen) – A leading officer of the Foot Clan.
- Foot Brute (voiced by Maurice LaMarche) – A buff member of the Foot Clan who works alongside Foot Lieutenant.
- Jocelyn (voiced by Cree Summer) - A Foot Initiate who gains the mark of the Foot in "How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will". Foot Recruit claimed to Baron Draxum that she got the mark because her parents are "big donors".
- Foot Soldiers (Various Voices) - An army of ninjas that are associated with the Foot Clan.
- Origami Ninjas – Ninjas made out of paper that are created by Foot Lieutenant and Foot Brute.
- Huginn and Muninn (voiced by Timothy Simons and Sam Richardson) – Two small gargoyles with retractable wings that were often seen sitting on Baron Draxum's shoulders. Huginn has a frog-like body and a cat-like head and tail while Muninn has a frog-like body and a tapir-like head. Their name and presence as Draxum's constant companions are a play on Odin's ravens Huginn and Muninn. In the episode "Goyles, Goyles, Goyles", Huginn and Muninn are shown to be looking for new employment after Draxum went into hiding due to his life force being drained by the Kuroi Yōroi. It is then shown in a flashback that Huginn and Muninn were constantly mistreated by their fellow gargoyles before being hired by Draxum. It is also revealed that it was actually their fault Hamato Yoshi escaped and destroyed Draxum's laboratory, killing all of Draxum's other test subjects. The duo are not seen again for the rest of the series.
- Garm and Freki (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) – Two guardsmen warriors that worked for Baron Draxum who are experts at armed combat. They can also ride giant demon-like dogs. In "Repairin' the Baron", Garm and Freki are offered forgiveness from the Council of Heads if they bring Draxum to the Hidden City to stand trial for his crimes. They are later mentioned by Draxum to Raph and Mikey to be bounty hunters that work for whoever has the most money. Their names are a play on the wolf monster Garmr and Odin's wolf Freki.
- Oozesquitos – A swarm of mutant mosquitoes that are often used by Baron Draxum. They store mutagen in their abdomens in order to inject anyone they bite which turn them into mutants. The Oozesquitoes are first seen when Draxum tests the mutagen on a delivery guy named Stewart. In the Turtles first encounter with Draxum, they accidentally unleash the Oozesquitos into New York City. The episode "Bug Buster" reveals that Big Mama uses the Oozesquitos so that they can fight for her entertainment in the Battle Nexus much to the annoyance of Draxum. In addition, he also had a hand in the Ninja Turtles' origins. As Draxum called them his "bugs", Huginn and Muninn stated that the Turtles called them Oozesquitoes, which is catchy to them.
- Mutant Silverfish – A bunch of mutant silverfish. If they are attacked, the Mutant Silverfish will split into smaller silverfish that would later aggregate back to its original state.
- Rupert Swaggart / Meat Sweats (voiced by Johnny Rotten) – A former celebrity chef who was turned into a mutant domestic pig upon being stung by an Oozesquito while hitting a failing contestant with a slab of pig meat during his TV show "Kondescending Kitchen". He wears gray gloves to conceal his tendril arms, which he uses to temporary absorb the abilities of any other mutants and wields a meat tenderizer in battle. Meat Sweats habitually makes any mutant he catches into his "meals" to strengthen the "flavor".
- Albearto (voiced by Tom Kenny) – An animatronic brown bear used at children's birthday parties in Albearto's Pizzeria. After a small child short-circuited him, April had Donatello upgrade him where a stage mishap caused Albearto to get electrocuted and come to life. In "Al Be Back", Albearto returns where his head was salvaged by Baxter Stockboy in exchange for the cheat codes for the dance game. While on a car, he places his head on a new Albearto body in front of the birthday kids, gets the manager's hand print for the security scanner, and animates his bear "brothers" from failed franchises to attack Albearto Land where Albearto also animated the Albearto animatronics there. The Ninja Turtles put on a concert that Albearto and his animatronic "brothers" attend which causes them to explode since they couldn't stand the Ninja Turtles' singing.
- Al-Beardo the Pirate (voiced by Tom Kenny) - An animatronic bear pirate with a hook for a right hand, an eyepatch over his right eye, and a left peg leg who is the mascot of a failed Albearto's British- and pirate-themed franchise called "Al-Beardo's Squid and Chips".
- Bayou 'Bearto (voiced by Tom Kenny) - An animatronic bear hillbilly who is the mascot of a failed unnamed, Southern state-themed Albearto franchise.
- Chef Albéar (voiced by Tom Kenny) - An animatronic bear who is the mascot of a failed Albearto's Pizzeria franchise called "La Petite Albear".
- Otto von Bearto (voiced by Tom Kenny) - An animatronic bear who is the mascot of a failed Albearto's Pizzeria franchise called "Otto von Bearto's Best Wurst House".
- Warren Stone (voiced by John Michael Higgins) – A semi-successful and narcissistic news anchor who mutated into a small mutant earthworm with an earthworm tail instead of legs after being stung by an Oozesquito. If cut in half, Warren can regenerate. Since his mutation, he self-declared himself the greatest foe of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles always ignore him. Warren Stone later gains a gauntlet that can shoot beams which he named Charlotte. This was later found to be one piece of the Kuroi Yoroi that was needed to revive Shredder. In "Warren & Hypno, Sitting in a Tree", Warren has become a roommate of Hypno-Potamus and also loses the gauntlet to Baron Draxum so that the Foot Clan can use it in their plot to revive Shredder, though April does remember who Warren is since she was part of the Stoneheads.
- Mezmer-Ron / Hypno-Potamus (voiced by Rhys Darby) – A successful stage magician and hypnotist who mutated into a hippopotamus after he was stung by an Oozesquito that merged him with his pet hippopotamus Doug. Driven by envy, Hypno-Potamus strives to outachieve any magician with an even greater "trick" than they can produce, and find a way to bring Doug back to life, leading to his clashes with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. In "Warren & Hypno, Sitting in a Tree", Hypno-Potatmus has become a roommate of Warren Stone.
- Repo Mantis (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) – The vicious, treacherous, and greedy owner of a salvage yard called Repo Mantis Salvage who was mutated into a purple mutant mantis after being stung by an Oozesquito. His mutation has not affected his salvaging business.
- Mrs. Nubbins - Repo Mantis' pet cat who was stung by an Oozesquito and mutated into a cat/mantis hybrid due to having been in contact with her owner. Due to the mantis' nature, Mrs. Nubbins would try to eat Repo Mantis causing him to keep her locked up.
- Ghostbear (voiced by Jorge Gutierrez) – A human masked wrestling champion in a white bear cape who cheats. Raphael was a fan of him until he learned the truth about his fighting techniques. In "Snow Day" while trying to get revenge on the Turtles for ruining his pro wrestling career, Ghostbear is stung by a defrosted Oozesquito and mutated into a mutant polar bear. This new form gives him the ability to become intangible.
- Mutant Cockroach Gang - An unnamed group of mutant cockroaches that posed as mascots.
- Atomic Lass (voiced by Grey Griffin) - An unnamed mutant cockroach dressed as Atomic Lass.
- Joey the Junkyard Dog (voiced by John DiMaggio) - An unnamed mutant cockroach dressed as Joey the Junkyard Dog.
- Robot Vampire (voiced by Grey Griffin) - An unnamed mutant cockroach dressed as Robot Vampire.
- Sergeant Woodpecker (voiced by Eric Bauza) - An unnamed mutant cockroach dressed as Sergeant Woodpecker.
- Baxter Stockboy (voiced by Ramone Hamilton) - An unpaid stockboy and self-proclaimed "internet celebrity". Both vengeful and avaricious, he strives to either profit from his live-streamed schemes or take revenge on anyone (particularly the Turtles) who hinders him in doing so.
- Mrs. Cuddles (voiced by Eliza Schneider) - A plush rabbit character from the TV series of the same name who comes to life to feeds on fear of her to become bigger and stronger. If someone laughs at her, Mrs. Cuddles loses her size and strength.
- Big Mama (voiced by Lena Headey) – A cunning Jorōgumo who can change between her purple-skinned human form and her humanoid spider form and has a habit of using improper upper-class words when she speaks. She is the owner of an extradimensional gladiator arena called the Battle Nexus which is hidden in the secret sub-level of The Grand Nexus Hotel that is owned by her human form. Big Mama uses the Oozesquitos in her possession to mutate anyone into mutants so that they can fight for her entertainment in the Battle Nexus. Her plot has brought her into conflict with Baron Draxum who felt that Big Mama was misusing the Oozesquitos. Hinted in "The Ancient Art of Ninja Hide and Seek", the episode "Many Unhappy Returns" reveals that Big Mama was the ex-girlfriend of Hamato Yoshi and the indirect cause of his mutation when she abducted him to fight in the Battle Nexus. In "Battle Nexus: New York", Big Mama transported the population of New York to a cruise inside a mystical sphere so that she can have the Turtles and their mutant enemies fight her Battle Nexus Champions. Once the Battle Nexus Champions are defeated, the Turtles go to the Grand Nexus Hotel to confront Big Mama and her latest champion Shadow Fiend. The Foot Recruit found that Shadow Fiend is actually Shredder who is being controlled by a control device on him by Big Mama using the device's associated magic ring. Once the Foot Recruit claimed the magic ring and gains control of the Shredder, she tells a cowering Big Mama that she is about to lose everything as she advises her to start running. The Grand Nexus Hotel is then destroyed by the Shredder. The Turtles later found Big Mama in a cave recuperating from her injuries as she directs them to the Crying Titan where the Empyrean that Shredder needs is located.
- Gus (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) - A mutant bulldog that is loyal to Big Mama who can grow spikes on his body. Gus is prone to partaking in a game of fetch.
- Fox Bellhop (voiced by Eric Bauza) - An unnamed mutant red fox that works as a bellhop at Big Mama's Battle Nexus.
- Octopus Elevator Operator (voiced by Nolan North) - An unnamed mutant octopus that works as an elevator operator at the Grand Nexus Hotel. In "Turtle-dega Nights: The Ballad of Rat Man", the Octopus Elevator Operator served as the announcer of the mutant demolition derby and was miscredited as the "Penguin Bellhop."
- Otter Bellhop (voiced by Nolan North) - An unnamed mutant North American river otter that works as a bellhop at Big Mama's Battle Nexus.
- Owl Bellhop (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) - An unnamed mutant barn owl that works as a bellhop at Big Mama's Battle Nexus.
- Battle Nexus Champions - A group of powerful fighters from the Battle Nexus.
- Troll - A troll with a lion-like head who wields a club. He fights Raph and Ghostbear on a bridge where the two of them do the Hibernator move to fool it and Big Mama.
- Sprite (voiced by Zelda Williams) - A sprite who never laughs. She fights Leo and Carl Sando while possessing the Statue of Liberty. Leo and Carl were able to defeat it by doing comical moves that she found funny.
- Amphisbaena - A two-headed serpent with an insatiable appetite. It fights Mikey and Meat Sweats where the two of them had to satisfy its appetites. Both of them worked together to do that job.
- Cortex (voiced by Eugene Byrd) - A Cthulhu-like creature with extremely high intelligence. He fights Donnie and Hypno-Potamus in a chess match. Both of them managed to come up with a strategy to defeat Cortex.
- Purple Dragons - A trio of snobby, criminal tech club students at April's high school. They are skilled at computer hacking, high-tech theft, and other technology-based abilities.
- Kendra (voiced by Tania Gunadi) - The leader of the Purple Dragons. She has known April since kindergarten. In "Breaking Purple", it is revealed that Kendra's dad married Jase's mom, making them step-siblings.
- Jase (voiced by Eugene Byrd) - Member of the Purple Dragons. He has a fear of cats and dogs. In "Breaking Purple", it is revealed that Jase's mom is married to Kendra's dad making them step-siblings.
- Jeremy (voiced by Kyle Massey) - An African-American member of the Purple Dragons. He refers to Kendra as "chief",
- Sando Brothers - Two acrobat brothers in a circus who were turned into mutant crabs by Oozesquitos. They can attack by launching their left claws at their opponents.
- Capitán Piel (voiced by Christian Lanz) - A living skin who is the brother of Señor Hueso and the pirate captain of the S.S. Alexis. His name is Spanish for "Captain Skin".
- Kraken Pirate (voiced by Eric Bauza) - A humanoid kraken who is a member of Capitán Piel's pirate crew.
- Mermaid Pirate (voiced by Rob Paulsen) - A mermaid who is a member of Capitán Piel's pirate crew.
- Sea Serpent Pirate (voiced by Maurice LaMarche) - A humanoid sea serpent who is a member of Capitán Piel's pirate crew.
- Makers of Brutality - The Makers of Brutality are a gang of ogres.
- Boss Beverly (voiced by Gillian Vigman) - A one-eyed ogre who is the leader of the Makers of Brutality.
- Ogre Henchmen (voiced by Gillian Vigman) - The unnamed henchmen of Boss Beverly.
- Masters of Barbarianism - The Masters of Barbarianism is a gang of reptilian creatures.
- Dr. Alex Noe (voiced by Tony Hale) - A dentist obsessed with collectiong teeth from extremely rare or unusual creatures, including Raph's snaggleteeth.
- Sloppy Joseph - When an Oozesquito in Baron Draxum's possession gets loose in the kitchen, he and April trap it in a pot. This causes the Oozesquito to mutate the mystery meat concoction that Draxum made inside the pot to create a mutant that is named Sloppy Joseph. Sloppy Joseph can get bigger from every food that it consumes.
- Scor-Pion (voiced by John Kassir) - A zookeeper who was stung by an Oozesquito and mutated into a mutant scorpion after he was pushed into the scorpion habitat by his co-workers. Marcus Moncrief once mistook him for an alien.
- Mud Dogs - A group of criminals operating in the Hidden City who mistook Raph as Heinous Green.
- Heinous Green - A size-shifting green Yōkai who is one of the most wanted criminals in Hidden City. The Hidden City Police mistook Raph for this villain.
- Kristoff van Bradford (voiced by Peter Stormare) - A martial arts action star and Lou Jitsu's rival who took over most of Lou Jitsu's dojos and teaches his students to do dishonest martial arts moves. He is loosely based on the character Chris Bradford from the 2012 series and John Kreese from The Karate Kid.
- Komodo Dojo Students (four of them voiced by Jill Talley) - Five students at the Komodo Dojo who are loyal to Kristoff.
- Frank (voiced by Eric Bauza) - One of Kristoff Van Bradford's students.
- Komodo Dragon Yōkai - An unnamed Komodo dragon Yōkai which can infuse anyone it bites with mutagen, endowing them with superhuman strength. It is used by Kristoff van Bradford in his attempts to take over the Lou Jitsu dojos. Loosely based on the character King Komodo from the Image Comic series.
- Komodo Dojo Students (four of them voiced by Jill Talley) - Five students at the Komodo Dojo who are loyal to Kristoff.
- Stewart (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) - A food delivery man who accidentally fell into the Hidden City after mistaking a portal opened by Garm and Freki for a shortcut. He was then captured by Baron Draxum, who then used an Oozesquito to turn him into a mutant whitefish after which he runs off in a panic; his mutation refers to the fact his employers were committing food fraud, specifically the use of imitation crab in their crab cakes, which he claimed was real crab. In "Bug Buster", Stewart was seen fighting in the Battle Nexus where he engaged an octopus elevator operator in a slap fight.
- Clem (voiced by Eric Bauza) - The owner of a candy shop who can shift between a pink-skinned human form and a magenta mutant goat form. His shop is a front where he sells magical items. To access the magical items, the password one has to say is "wink", although it is easy to get the password as Clem often accidentally tells it to the customers.
- Trash Wizard (voiced by Eric Bauza) - A man who dresses as a wizard and likes to dramatically place himself in the Turtles' path (especially during high-speed pursuits) as he yells "You shall not pass!"
- Hidden City Police Officers (voiced by Eric Edelstein and Audrey Wasilewski) - The unnamed members of the Hidden City Police Department. The male one resembles a humanoid winged lion and the female one is an unspecified creature.
- Exploding Frankie (voiced by Eric Bauza) - A slime Yōkai that can explode and reassemble at will. He is the father of Sunita and works as a birthday entertainer at Run of the Mill Pizza.
- Harold / Stinkbomb (voiced by James Adomian) - The leader of the property caretakers of a botanical gardens who led his fellow caretakers in fighting the Foot Clan when they trespassed. After he saw that the corpse flower named Jewell was sliced, he rushed in and got it out in order to save it. To further his plans to take over the Foot and gain the Kuroi Yōroi, Baron Draxum deployed his Oozesquitoes who mutated Harold into a mutant corpse flower that started attacking both sides in order to get them off the grass.
- Bat Librarian (voiced by Gillian Vigman) - A four-armed bat-like creature who works at the Undercity's library.
- Hush-Bats - A swarm of bats who work for the Bat Librarians. They will carry off anyone who makes a sound and place them in the kiddie room.
- Marcus Moncrief (voiced by Phil LaMarr) - An actor who portrays Jupiter Jim, the titular character of a long-running fictional science fiction adventure franchise. Secretly insane, he believes himself to be Jupiter Jim to the point of building fully functional versions of his Jupiter Jim movie weapons, paralyzing his own fans, and dressing them up as trophies for his private Jupiter Jim museum.
- Red Fox (voiced by Lauren Lapkus) - A red panda-type Yōkai with a prehensile tail who was Marcus Moncrief's co-star in the Jupiter Jim movies. She left after not being respected by Marcus. Leo, Mikey, and Donnie once encountered her at the theater that was doing a Jupiter Jim musical where she worked to deny any knowledge that she is a Yōkai. Red Fox later saved Marcus and Raph from Scor-Pion's trap. Afterwards, Marcus thanked Red Fox for saving him which Red Fox finally got from him.
- Council of Heads (voiced by Susan Blu, Peter Cullen, and Frank Welker) - A trio of stone heads that run the Yōkai community. They are against Baron Draxum's plot to mutate humanity, finding his experiments as an offense against their very nature, and sent Agent 64/Mayhem to spy on him. In the episode "Reparin' the Baron", the Councilors are furious at Draxum for his crimes against both humanity and the Yōkai. However, they promise to forgive Garm and Freki for their assistance in his crimes, but only if they bring the Baron to the Hidden City to stand trial.
- Loose Lips Malinowski (voiced by Russ Carney) - A fence constantly on the lookout for easy money. As his nickname signifies, he is prone to unconsciously spilling his beans to anyone asking him a direct question about his dealings.
- Mayor Mira (voiced by Kathy Najimy) - A witch who is the mayor of the Hidden City's Witch Town district.
- Hamato Sho (voice by Matthew Yang King) - Hamato Yoshi's maternal grandfather against whom Yoshi became embittered for trying to push onto him the tradition of the Hamato Clan to prevent the Shredder's return, a duty which took his mother away from him during his childhood.
In March 2017, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was announced as a new re-imagining of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. Cyma Zarghami, president of the Nickelodeon Group, stated in a press release:
"The Turtles is a property that has reinvention in its DNA, which keeps it fresh and relevant to every new generation while satisfying the demand from its adult fans. 'Turtles' has been an incredibly important franchise for us since we reignited it five years ago, and we’re excited for the new series to take the characters in a different direction with more humor, a younger and lighter feel and all-new dimensions to explore".
The series logotype was revealed to public in mid-October 2017. That November, Nickelodeon announced the official voice actor cast for the main characters on the turtles' side. In addition to these news, voice actor Rob Paulsen, who previously voiced Raphael in the 1987–96 TV series and Donatello in the 2012–17 TV series, served as the voice director for this TV series. John Cena was later cast as the villain Baron Draxum. Besides voice directing, Rob Paulsen provided voice work alongside fellow voice actor Maurice LaMarche. The animation services for Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are provided by the Australian animation studio Flying Bark Productions.
The major main-characters art designs were announced and revealed by Nickelodeon in February 2018. This occurred during a Facebook event, which was broadcast live that day. On March 23 the first trailer for the series was released by Nickelodeon. Each episode consists of two 11-minute carts and each of them tell self-contained, standalone stories with hints of a larger plot. The show aired as a sneak peek after the 2018 Kids' Choice Sports in July and later premiered on Nickelodeon on September 17.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||July 20, 2018||November 16, 2019|
|2||TBA||November 23, 2019||TBA|
Season 1 (2018–19)
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Storyboard by||Original air date||Prod.|
|1||"Mystic Mayhem"||Brendan Clogher & Sebastian Montes||Ian Busch, Russ Carney,|
Ron Corcillo, & Jesse Gordon (Additional Writing By: Brandon Auman & Brian Swenlin)
|Julia Braid & Kevin Molina-Ortiz||July 20, 2018||001-002||0.60|
|The Turtles discover that they are not the only weirdest things in New York when they encounter two villains from the Hidden City pursuing a dog-like agent. They have their first encounter with Baron Draxum, who is making mutants with the help of his Oozesquitos.|
|2a||"Origami Tsunami"||Jamie Vickers||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Christopher Luc||September 25, 2018||005||1.19|
|Longing for the excitements of hero life, Leo talks the team into tracking down the paper thief duo currently stalking the city. In doing so, the Turtles run into the Foot Clan, who use their mystic ability to create origami warriors from the stolen paper.|
|2b||"Donnie's Gifts"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Jessica Zammit||September 17, 2018||006||0.65|
|Donnie creates new gear for his brothers in order for them to overcome their bad habits. However, the gear only becomes a nuisance as they fight mutated chef dubbed Meat Sweats, who plans to cook the turtles in order to gain their powers.|
|3a||"War and Pizza"||Brendan Clogher||Ian Busch||Julia Braid||September 17, 2018||004||0.65|
|In order to save April's job as a party captain at Albearto's Pizzeria, Donnie upgrades the main animatronic of Albearto, only for it to go out of control.|
|3b||"Newsworthy"||Sebastian Montes||Jesse Gordon||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||September 27, 2018||003||0.98|
|To prove himself as the greatest enemy of the Turtles, former news anchor-turned-mutant earthworm Warren Stone gets in the way of the Turtles as they track down Hypno-Potamus, who is abducting the animal partners of other magicians.|
|4a||"Repo Mantis"||Jamie Vickers||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Christopher Luc||September 20, 2018||009||1.02|
|Mikey and Donnie try to get a Jupiter Jim moon buggy vehicle from a repo yard, where they run afoul of its owner Repo Mantis. In exchange for the prop vehicle, Mikey and Donnie are hired as repo men and are sent to repossess an RV on Long Island. However, the deal deteriorates when they meet the RV's possessor, a kind mutant named Todd Capybara, and his puppies.|
|4b||"Down With the Sickness"||Jamie Vickers||Jesse Gordon||Christina "Kiki" Manrique||September 18, 2018||008||0.97|
|Splinter has come down with the rat flu, and the Turtles must deal with its 7 different stages involving fever, "Wild Rat Man", "Captain Cuddle Cakes", "Ninja Supreme", karaoke love songs, and fan fiction. The Turtles hope that Splinter will make to the final stage called "Must Say Yes" so that they can ask him for whatever they want.|
|5a||"The Fast and the Furriest"||Brendan Clogher||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Christine Liu||September 24, 2018||011||0.90|
When Donnie's newly built Turtle Tank goes missing, he and the Turtles must find it. While going after some usual suspects, they are unaware that the Turtle Tank was taken by Splinter, who is additionally invited to "dinner" with Meat Sweats.
|5b||"Mascot Melee"||Sebastian Montes||Ian Busch||JJ Conway||September 26, 2018||010||0.92|
|While looking for a new robe for Splinter, the Turtles traverse through Times Square, where they fight the mascots lurking there who get jealous of Raph's "Turtlepotamus" meme. When they take the money that Raphael has made, the other Turtles suit up and take action against the mascot - until they discover the true identity of the mascots as mutant cockroaches.|
|6a||"Shell in a Cell"||Sebastian Montes||Dale Malinowski||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||September 19, 2018||015||0.83|
|Leo unseats Raph's wrestling idol Ghostbear from his title as the champion of the world after accidentally falling on him from the rafters. Raph soon becomes irked by Leo's cockiness and decides to wrestle him himself. When Ghostbear joins the fight, Raph learns that Ghostbear doesn't play by the rules.|
|6b||"Minotaur Maze"||Brendan Clogher||Jesse Gordon||Christine Liu||October 6, 2018||007||1.02|
After the Turtles stumble across a pizza restaurant called Run of the Mill Pizza in the mystical Undercity while following a Fire Yōkai, Leo drags his brothers into a pizza-shaped Maze of Death to obtain the ultimate prize... a free helping to the titular parlor's "world's greatest pizza". But in order to claim it, they will have to contend with the pizza's guardian in the form of the Minotaur who is the maze's assistant manager.
|7||"Bug Busters"||Abe Audish, Brendan Clogher, & Jamie Vickers||Ian Busch, Russ Carney, Ron Corcillo, & Jesse Gordon||Julia Braid & Christopher Luc||November 17, 2018||013-014||0.95|
|The Turtles look for a way to eliminate New York City's Oozesquito problem before more mutants are made. This plot brings them into conflict with Big Mama in her plot to make mutants to fight for her entertainment in the Battle Nexus, which is soon joined by Baron Draxum.|
|8a||"The Longest Fight"||Sebastian Montes||Ian Busch||Brandon McKinney & Shawna Mills||October 6, 2018||016||1.02|
|The Turtles have a hard time watching their skateboarding idol Sydney Allen on the "Extreme Skateboarding Finals" and stopping a burglary at Gilbert's Department Store conducted by the Foot Clan at the same time.|
|8b||"Hypno! Part Deux"||Jamie Vickers||Jesse Gordon||Christina "Kiki" Manrique||November 3, 2018||012||0.99|
|Hypno-Potamus returns and causes havoc at April's homecoming dance by hypnotizing the attendees.|
|9a||"The Gumbus"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||October 13, 2018||018||1.09|
|Leo, Mikey and April investigate a mysterious specter haunting a themed supermarket called Stock 'n Shop, which leads to their encounter with Baxter Stockboy.|
|9b||"Mrs. Cuddles"||Abe Audish & Jamie Vickers||Ian Busch||Christina "Kiki" Manrique||October 20, 2018||019||0.94|
|April and the brothers make Raph face his greatest fear: an adorable kids' TV show rabbit named Mrs. Cuddles. However, things aren't so funny anymore when Mrs. Cuddles suddenly comes to life and begins hunting the Turtle family to feed on their fears.|
|10a||"Stuck on You"||Brendan Clogher||Jesse Gordon||Julia Braid||November 10, 2018||020||1.20|
|After an unfortunate glue accident, the Turtles have to fight a whole host of villains like the Mutant Silverfish, the Foot Clan, Hypno-Potamus, and Warren Stone while literally being stuck together.|
|10b||"Al Be Back"||Brendan Clogher||F.M. De Marco||Christine Liu||December 1, 2018||017||0.95|
|The Turtles plan their first public musical gig at Albearto Land. When it happens, it gets crashed by Albearto and his army of animatronic bears from failed Albearto's fastfood franchises.|
|11a||"The Purple Jacket"||Abe Audish||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Chris Luc||January 26, 2019||021||0.99|
|During a visit in April's school, Donnie becomes enamored with an exclusive tech club, the Purple Dragons, and joins them on the spot. However, when the Dragons abuse his tech for criminal purposes, Don is forced to choose between stopping the crooks and losing his treasured purple membership jacket.|
|11b||"Pizza Pit"||Sebastian Montes||Brian Posehn||Gladyfaith Abcede & Kai Jiang||February 2, 2019||022||0.55|
|DIGG, a trio of unsuccessful girl musicians mutated into burrowing animals, begin sinking the Turtles' favorite pizza places into the ground, prompting the Turtles to go after them before they have no place left to get their favorite food.|
|12a||"Smart Lair"||Brendan Clogher||Ian Busch||Christine Liu||February 9, 2019||023||0.99|
|To ease their household chores, Donnie invents a new artificial intelligence, S.H.E.L.L.D.O.N., who begins to see exclusively to his creator's needs. Disgruntled, Raph, Mikey and Leo choose to rewire the robot, which leads to near-fatal consequences for their brother.|
|12b||"Hot Soup: The Game"||Abe Audish||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Alicia Chan & Christina "Kiki" Manrique||February 16, 2019||024||0.84|
Mikey goes on a solo mission to retrieve a classic video game based on Lou Jitsu's film Hot Soup. Incidentally, however, he will have to contend with the Foot Clan's new recruit who is on a very similar mission at the very same auction house.
|13||"The Evil League of Mutants"||Sebastian Montes||Jesse Gordon||Julia Braid, Kai Jiang, & Kevin Molina-Ortiz||January 19, 2019||025-026||0.77|
|The Turtles end up facing a new and dangerous threat in their beloved city as Baron Draxum, Huginn, and Muninn gather some of their toughest mutant enemies like Meat Sweats, Hypno-Potamus, Warren Stone, Repo Mantis, and the Sando Brothers in a plot to destroy them.|
|14a||"Late Fee"||Abe Audish||Dale Malinowski||Chris Luc||February 23, 2019||027||0.79|
|The simple task of returning a single DVD just before its loan period runs out is complicated by endless craziness in New York, including an encounter with Ghostbear.|
|14b||"Bullhop"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Gladyfaith Abcede & Max Collins||March 2, 2019||028||0.86|
|Things go sour when the Turtles try to help a down-and-out mutant in the form of the bellhop-turned-mutant bull from "Bug Busters" while at the same time planning a raid on the Grand Nexus Hotel to obtain more of Big Mama's web goo. Bullhop eagerly decides to help his benefactors out.|
|15a||"Mind Meld"||Abe Audish||Jesse Gordon||Chris Luc||March 9, 2019||033||0.68|
|Frustrated by his brothers' childishness during an important mission, Donnie enhances their intelligence. However, things get quickly out of hand when they begin displaying Donatello's personality traits as well.|
|15b||"Nothing But Truffle"||Alan Wan||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Christine Liu||March 16, 2019||029||0.81|
|When Mikey and Todd spy on Meat Sweats in order to learn his most delicious recipe, the Turtle and the mutant chef become BFFs after Meat Sweats accidentally absorbs Todd's niceness. The two of them go on a look for the extremely rare lunar truffle that only grows when the Moon is in alignment with Jupiter, and face its Were-Tree guardian.|
|16||"Shadow of Evil"||JJ Conway & Alan Wan||Ian Busch||Julia Braid, JJ Conway, and Kevin Molina-Ortiz||April 20, 2019||031-032||0.61|
|As the Turtles try to find pieces of a strange metal Baron Draxum is looking for, Splinter intents to get to the bottom of these odd activities at April's new job at the Foot Shack. He soon learns that the Foot plan to resurrect their ancient master the Shredder by reassembling the Kuroi Yoroi armor. As the parties clash, the secrets of Splinter's past finally come to light.|
|17a||"Portal Jacked!"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Max Collins & Zane Yarbrough||April 6, 2019||034||0.65|
|Leo loses his brothers in a portal and must venture to the mystic Hidden City to save them while dragging Señor Hueso along for the ride. He suspects that they are on the pirate ship run by Señor Hueso's brother Capitán Piel.|
|17b||"Warren & Hypno, Sitting in a Tree"||JJ Conway||Jesse Gordon||Christine Liu||June 1, 2019||035||0.68|
|Baron Draxum, Huginn, and Muninn want the gauntlet that Warren Stone has since it's part of the Kuroi Yoroi armor, but he's not giving it up without a fight and a side of betrayal. As the Turtles get involved with Warren's roommate Hypno-Potamus being threatened, April remembers who Warren Stone is as she was part of a fan club dedicated to him called the Stoneheads.|
|18a||"Operation: Normal"||Alan Wan||Laura Sreebny||Julia Braid||June 8, 2019||038||0.74|
|Leo and Donnie try desperately to help April enjoy a quiet day with a new friend named Sunita. They learn that she is a slime Yōkai who uses a special amulet to turn into a human. They soon get targeted by the Foot Clan since the boots that Sunita's human form is wearing are part of the Kuroi Yoroi.|
|18b||"Sparring Partner"||Abe Audish||Ian Busch||Alicia Chan||April 13, 2019||036||0.71|
|Raph becomes friends with a new sparring partner in the form of Frankenfoot and must keep it secret from his brothers, who don't like the guy. When Frankenfoot is driven from the lair, this gives the Foot Lieutenant and Recruit the opportunity to take it into the Foot Clan.|
|19a||"You Got Served"||Sebastian Montes||Ian Busch||Max Collins & Polyna Kim||June 15, 2019||040||0.54|
|Señor Hueso has just remembered that an ogre gang called the Makers of Brutality and a reptilian gang called the Masters of Barbarianism have book reservations at Run of the Mill Pizza. While helping Señor Hueso at Run of the Mill Pizza since his employees have fled, Leo and Mikey get sidetracked by brotherly competition. They must overcome this to keep the peace while trying not to wreck Run of the Mill Pizza.|
|19b||"How to Make Enemies and Bend People to Your Will"||Abe Audish||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Christopher Luc||June 22, 2019||039||0.49|
|Baron Draxum struggles to move up the ladder in the Foot Clan while Foot Recruit was displeased that she hasn't gotten her mark yet. Upon finding a loophole where a Foot Clan member who can outdo an acting leader can assume this position, Baron Draxum leads the Foot Recruit into organizing a blunder for the Foot Lieutenant and the Foot Brute when the next Kuroi Yoroi fragment is at the botanical gardens. Meanwhile, the Turtles hold a contest to see who can withstand the smell of the corpse flower at the same botanical gardens.|
|20a||"Mystic Library"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||June 29, 2019||037||0.52|
|The Turtles plumb the depths of a mysterious hidden library in search of a way to rescue Mayhem from within April's bathroom mirror. While trying to be quiet, they must also evade not having a sound heard by the Bat Librarian's Hush-Bats and contend with the Foot Lieutenant and Brute.|
|20b||"The Purple Game"||Alan Wan||Jesse Gordon||Christine Liu||July 6, 2019||041||0.61|
|When a competitive new video game sweeps New York, Donnie will do anything to reach rank #1. Donnie is unaware that the video game was created by the Purple Dragons as a way of getting revenge on him where he secretly controls a giant robot that attacks the city.|
|21a||"Man vs. Sewer"||Abe Audish||Dale Malinowski||Alicia Chan||October 19, 2019||042||0.15|
|The Turtles' lazy river ride through the sewers turns savage when Raph is accidentally separated and left alone. This leads to him trying to survive the sewers and having an encounter with the Sando Brothers.|
|21b||"The Mutant Menace"||JJ Conway||Ross Carney & Ron Corcillo||Julia Braid, Jake Castorena, & Matt Humphreys||October 19, 2019||044||0.15|
|Baxter Stockboy begins revealing the Turtles' existence and turning public opinion against them in order to make some big money and as revenge. The Turtles' failed attempts to clear their image turn all of New York against them.|
|22a||"Turtle-dega Nights: The Ballad of Rat Man"||Abe Audish||Jesse Gordon||Alicia Chan||October 26, 2019||030||0.19|
|Wanting to live with glory again, Splinter ropes Donnie and Mikey into modifying the Turtle Tank and entering it into a mutant demolition derby run by Big Mama. They face competition from Meat Sweats, Repo Mantis, Hypno-Potamus, and Warren Stone. It gets intense when Big Mama, the Fox Bellhop, the Otter Bellhop, and the Owl Bellhop get involved.|
|22b||"The Ancient Art of Ninja Hide and Seek"||Sebastian Montes||Ian Busch||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||October 26, 2019||043||0.19|
|To prepare the Turtles for any future threats, Splinter teaches them some stealth training. After that is done, he sends them on a test to infiltrate the Grand Nexus Hotel to steal Gus's dog tags. When they appear to take too long, Splinter sneaks into the Grand Nexus Hotel, steals the Octopus Elevator Operator's outfit, and plans to find the Turtles before Gus, Big Mama, or the bellhops do.|
|23a||"One Man's Junk"||Abe Audish||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Chris Luc||November 2, 2019||045||0.10 |
|Donnie and Mikey try to recover a piece of the Dark Armor from Repo Mantis' scrap yard that he claimed. Though they will have to contend with Repo Mantis first. Meanwhile, Raph and Leo get impatient and check out a bus where they accidentally release Repo Mantis' pet cat Mrs. Nubbins.|
|23b||"Snow Day"||Sebastian Montes||Dale Malinowski||Max Collins & Kai Lynn Jiang||November 2, 2019||046||0.10 |
|The Turtles, April, and Mayhem are spending a snow day together. Meanwhile, Ghostbear has mutated into a mutant polar bear after coming in contact with an Oozesquito that Mikey defrosted. In this form, he uses his intangibility in a plot to ruin April and the Turtles' fun day in the snow by targeting their snowman.|
|24a||"Cloak and Swaggart"||Alan Wan||Jason Meier||Christine Liu||November 9, 2019||047||N/A|
|April helps Sunita in New York to search for her stolen cloaking brooch after attending a DIGG concent. They find that it was stolen by Meat Sweats so that he can regain his human form and his hosting job on "Kondescending Kitchen" from a bound and gagged Guy Flambe. Meanwhile, Splinter's plan to take the Turtles on a wilderness survival training backfires when Raph accidentally places the tank on lockdown for 24 hours.|
|24b||"Jupiter Jim Ahoy!"||Abe Audish||Ian Busch||Alicia Chan||November 9, 2019||048||N/A|
|Having gotten bored of Splinter's Lou Jitsu stories, the Turtles head to a convention and meet Marcus Moncrief who portrays their favorite sci-fi movie character Jupiter Jim. When they go to his apartment, they find that he has started to see the different trapped fans as the aliens that Jupiter Jim fought in the movies and comics where Marcus has become more immersed in his character to the point he thinks he is actually Jupiter Jim.|
|25||"Insane in the Mama Train"||Sebastian Montes||Jesse Gordon||Jake Castorena, JJ Conway, Kevin Molina-Ortiz, & Sam Montes||November 16, 2019||049-050||0.06|
|With the help of Baron Draxum and the Guardsmen, the Foot Clan begin to move the nearly completed Kuroi Yoroi armor to a ritual site. To transport it, Baron Draxum persuades Big Mama to lend the Foot Clan her train. After training the Turtles following the advice of his ancestors, Splinter trains the Turtles for this fight.|
|26||"End Game"||Abe Audish||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||JJ Conway, Chris Luc, Sam Montes, Sam Syzmanski, & Sheldon Vella||November 16, 2019||051-052||0.09|
|The Turtles have been captured, and Baron Draxum sends April back to have Splinter bring the final piece of the Kuroi Yoroi armor to him or else. As the faceplate is on his teapot, Splinter comes up with a plan to rescue his sons with the help of April, Bullhop, Frankenfoot, S.H.E.L.L.D.O.N, and Todd Capybara. When Baron Draxum reassembles the Kuroi Yoroi armor and dons it, the Turtles must find a way to get the Kuroi Yoroi armor off of him.|
Season 2 (2019–20)
The entire second season aired on Nicktoons.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Storyboard by||Original air date||Prod.|
|27||1||"Many Unhappy Returns"||Kevin Molina-Ortiz & Sebastian Montes||Ian Busch||Jake Castorena, Alicia Chan, Phil Jacobson, Kevin Molina-Ortiz, & Sam Montes||November 23, 2019||057-058||0.18|
|Now that the Shredder has been reconstructed, the Turtles must stop this persistent foe from shredding New York. Due to how the Shredder is acting, the Foot Clan retreats to figure out what went wrong. Problems arise when they split up to handle different things. Leo takes Splinter, who has a history with Big Mama, to the Grant Nexus Hotel to enlist her help while April and the Turtle trio work to fight Shredder. Though the condition is that Splinter and Leo must fight a Kraken in the Battle Nexus.|
|28a||2a||"Todd Scouts"||JJ Conway||Jesse Gordon||Jules Bridgers, Jake Castorena, Morgan Hillenbrand, & Will Ruzika||November 30, 2019||053||0.15|
|Splinter has gotten fed up with his sons and their phones, so he leaves them in the forest with Todd supervising them. The Turtles need to learn how to listen and get in touch with nature in order to save Todd after he's captured by a group of dentists that mistook Todd for a Sasquatch.|
|28b||2b||"Goyles, Goyles, Goyles"||Abe Audish||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Max Collins, Matt Humphreys, & Andrew Kim||November 30, 2019||054||0.15|
|With Baron Draxum out of commission, Huginn and Muninn look for new work. After getting trapped by Meat Sweats, Huginn and Muninn recall their first day working for Draxum where their first mission is to obtain Lou Jitsu from the Battle Nexus.|
|29a||3a||"Flushed, But Never Forgotten"||Alan Wan||Dale Malinowski||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||October 12, 2019||055||0.18|
|The Turtles have a secret that comes back to haunt them in the form of Splinter's pet goldfish Piebald who was accidentally flushed down the toilet by Leo and mutated after eating an Oozesquito.|
|29b||3b||"Lair Games"||JJ Conway||Jesse Gordon||Sheldon Vella||October 12, 2019||056||0.18|
|April presents her award-winning documentary about the Turtles’ annual event: The Lair Olympics. This year's event, however, takes a surprise turn when Donnie unexpectedly gains ground against the past games' constant champion, Leo, sparking a fierce competition between the two brothers.|
|30a||4a||"Breaking Purple"||JJ Conway||Josh Riley Brown||Christine Liu||April 24, 2020||059||N/A|
|Donnie's parenting causes S.H.E.L.L.D.O.N. to run away. When he makes his way to the park, he runs into the Purple Dragons who remove the restraining bolt from him and use him in their plans to win the drone races at the Thunder Dome hosted by Billionaire Guy Eccentric and obtain the Shadow Transmitter that would enable them to hack any system on the planet. Now Donatello must work to find S.H.E.L.L.D.O.N. and make up with him before the Purple Dragons succeed in their plot.|
|30b||4b||"Repairin' the Baron"||Alan Wan||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Alicia Chan & Max Collins||April 24, 2020||060||N/A|
|The Yōkai Council will forgive Garm and Freki if they bring Baron Draxum to the Hidden City to answer for his crimes that they assisted in. Raph finds that his new neighbor is Baron Draxum who is still recuperating and has Mikey as his guest. Mikey states that he is helping to get Baron Draxum to tolerate humans as he still was the one who created them. When Mikey drags Raph into helping him by taking him to Albeartoland, they must also contend with Garm and Freki.|
|31a||5a||"Air Turtle"||Sebastian Montes||Jesse Gordon||Sheldon Vella||April 24, 2020||061||N/A|
|Leo gets his dream job as mascot of the local professional basketball team called the New York Daves owned by Tim Dunkman. Leo finds that the members of the New York Daves are terrible players and talks him into doing whatever it takes to change his mojo. He uses an ancient "good luck" arch called the Arch of Aquinonn that causes the players to become possessed by evil spirits that start to change them into demonic forms.|
|31b||5b||"Pizza Puffs"||JJ Conway||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Mira Ongchua||April 24, 2020||062||N/A|
|Raph thwarts Meat Sweats' plans to sabotage his rivals with pizza puffs spiked with a mystic poison. When he finds that they ate the poisoned pizza puffs, Raph teaches his brothers a lesson in responsibility as the poisoned pizza puffs affects them in different ways. Raph must get them to solve things themselves as they track down Meat Sweats in order to find the antidote.|
|32a||6a||"Sidekick Ahoy!"||Jake Castorena||Ian Busch||Jake Castorena||May 15, 2020||063||N/A|
|With Marcus Moncrief is in need of a sidekick for his latest "Jupiter Jim" project, the TMNT do all they can to win their dream job. When Raph wins, he and Marcus work to pursue the villainous Scor-Pion. Meanwhile, the others persuade Red Fox to return to Marcus.|
|32b||6b||"The Hidden City Job"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Max Collins||May 15, 2020||064||N/A|
|Leo and Señor Hueso help the reformed Capitán Piel on one last dangerous mission. This mission involves obtaining an item from an auction house owned by Big Mama.|
|33a||7a||"Always Be Brownies"||JJ Conway||Jesse Gordon||Christine Liu||May 15, 2020||065||N/A|
|April and Splinter encounter a gang of dangerous middle school brownie sellers at the time when April is selling cookies as part of a fundraiser to save the trees. What they soon discover is that these girl scouts are working for Grandma C.J. who is the alias of the Foot Recruit in her plans to get to world domination.|
|33b||7b||"Mystery Meat"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Sheldon Vella||May 15, 2020||067||N/A|
|Baron Draxum is up for a lunchperson award from the Superintendent of Cafeterias Vivian Slopworth. Thanks to an Oozesquito getting loose, Baron Draxum's mystery meat concoction comes to life and terrorizes April's school by targeting every food there and eating it to grow big. When Michelangelo shows up, Baron Draxum must defeat this creation called Sloppy Joseph without making use of his mystic abilities or endangering the school.|
|34a||8a||"Donnie vs. Witch Town"||Abe Audish||Ian Busch||Alicia Chan||June 19, 2020||066||N/A|
|The Turtles, Splinter, and April visit the Hidden City. Always a man of science, Donnie can't accept April going to the witches of Witch Town for mystic help on a science project. They meet Mayor Mira who is holding a Peace Offering Day festival that honors Abigail the Good. Donnie starts to lose his temper and April gets help from Gentry in exchange for helping to catch aged worms for a peace potion to appease The Great Morgan.|
|34b||8b||"Raph's Ride-Along"||JJ Conway||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Mira Ongchua||June 19, 2020||068||N/A|
|The Turtles, Splinter, and April visit the Hidden City. When he wants to go for a ride-along with the Hidden City Police, Raph is mistaken for a heinous criminal called Heinous Green and is taken to the maximum security facility. Raph fools the Mud Dogs (consisting of Dastardly Danny, Malicious Mickey, and Loathsome Leonard) he is riding with that he is Heinous Green. Following the breakout, Raph states to the Mud Dogs that has a plan to have them apprehended until they have a run-in with Big Mama and the real Heinous Green.|
|35a||9a||"Hidden City's Most Wanted"||Jake Castorena||Jesse Gordon||Christine Liu||June 19, 2020||069||N/A|
|The Turtles, Splinter, and April visit the Hidden City. Splinter learns from Mikey that he gave Baron Draxum a cloaking broach to disguise him as Splinter takes them on a tour around the neighborhood. When Baron Draxum's disguised form is taken by a Hidden City police officer as gift for his daughter Heather, Mikey persuades Splinter into helping to rescue Baron Draxum while having to contend with the Hidden City Police when the disguise is broken.|
|35b||9b||"Bad Hair Day"||Sebastian Montes||Russ Carney & Ron Corcillo||Gladyfaith Abcede & Max Collins||June 19, 2020||070||N/A|
|The Turtles, Splinter, and April visit the Hidden City. Leo goes the Hirsuté Resort and Spa to do a day of relaxation. Unfortunately, it is a private club and is thrown out while being sent to the terrible club across the street. Their masseus states that the people in the club have hair and Leo gets a hair serum that gives him hair which gets him the Hirsuté Resort and Spa. Though he starts to sleepwalk when the hair has a mind of its own and starts stealing stuff.|
|36a||10a||"Fists of Furry"||JJ Conway||Ian Busch||Morgan Hillenbrand||July 17, 2020||071||N/A|
|Splinter informs his sons about his Lou Jitsu Dojos in New York City. In his alias of Randall, he takes April on one of his inspections and finds out that all of his dojos have been taken over by the Komodo Dojo run by Kristoff van Bradford except for one where its students are not doing a good job with the infamous Lou Jitsu moves. To fend off the Komodo Dojo, Splinter trains April in each of the Lou Jitsu moves including the Seven Vipers move.|
|36b||10b||"The Clothes Don't Make the Turtle"||Jake Castorena||Jesse Gordon||Alicia Chan||July 17, 2020||072||N/A|
|Raphael tries on new suits for the Magic Town House's "Night of a Million Secrets" event as Leo, Donnie, and Mikey try on different outfits as well. When they find that they are already here due to the selfies that were previously taken, they find that Hypno-Potamus was responsible for what had previously happened and were hypnotized by his hypnotic music into trying different clothes from the 80's so that Hypno-Potamus can target the journals that were written by Harry Houdini and learn how to bend reality with them.|
|37||11||"Battle Nexus: New York"||Kevin Molina-Ortiz & Alan Wan||Dale Malinowski||Max Collins & Christine Liu||July 17, 2020||075-076||N/A|
|Big Mama transforms New York into one big Battle Nexus. Raph, Leo, Mikey, and Donnie are paired up with Ghostbear, Carl Sando, Meat Sweats, and Hypno-Potamus against the Battle Nexus champions Troll, Sprite, Amphisbaena, and Cortex in different challenges. Meanwhile, Splinter, April, Baron Draxum, Todd, the Foot Recruit, and the people of New York are put on a cruise that is surrounded by a mystical barrier within the orb as they work to escape. Even when they beat their challengers, the Turtles will still have to contend with Big Mama's latest champion Shadow Fiend whose identity is someone they'd least suspect.|
|38a||12a||"Finale Part 1: E-Turtle Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"||Sebastian Montes||Josh Riley Brown||Max Collins & Sheldon Vella||August 7, 2020||101||N/A|
|With the Shredder back with the Foot Clan, Baron Draxum enables the Turtles to enter Splinter's subconscious memories to search for the means of vanquishing their demonic foe for good. However, upon recovering the secret, they find out that its retrieval from the Twilight Realm comes at the price of fully unleashing the Shredder - although they also gain an unexpected new ally in his daughter, Hamato Karai, who was trapped in the Twilight Realm.|
|38b||12b||"Finale Part 2: Shreddy or Not"||JJ Conway||Josh Riley Brown||Max Collins, Morgan Hillebrand, Cassey Kuo, Christine Liu & Sheldon Vella||August 7, 2020||102||N/A|
|With her return from the Twilight Realm, Karai proceeds to teach the Turtles about a mystical technique which would link them to the spirits of their Hamato ancestors, thus giving them the power to defeat their enemy. Before they can learn it, the Shredder, having regained his full consciousness, attacks their hideout. His attack forces the Turtles and April to evacuate while Splinter and Draxum remain behind to stall him.|
|39a||13a||"Finale Part 3: Anatawa Hitorijanai"||Jake Castorena||Josh Riley Brown, Ian Busch, Russ Carney, Ron Corcillo, Tony Gama-Lobo & Dale Malinowski||Jules Bridgers, Alicia Chan, Morgan Hillebrand & Cassey Kuo||August 7, 2020||103||N/A|
The Turtles are forced to retreat to the forests of New Jersey. April comes upon the mortally wounded Karai who transfers her soul into April's body, and then rejoins the Turtles to teach them the Hamato Ninpo. In Karai's stead, Shredder prepares to drain Splinter's life essence to make him fully invincible, but he needs a rare substance called Empyrean for the ritual. Baron Draxum leads the Shredder to his lab in the Hidden City, where he has stored some Empyrean, only to turn against him upon realizing that the Shredder is the threat against which he intended to create his Yōkai army in the first place.Note: This episode's title is Japanese for "You are not alone".
|39b||13b||"Finale Part 4: Rise"||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||Josh Riley Brown, Ian Busch, Russ Carney, Ron Corcillo, Tony Gama-Lobo & Dale Malinowski||Jake Castorena, Alicia Chan, Max Collins, JJ Conway, Morgan Hillebrand, Cassey Kuo & Sebastian Montes||August 7, 2020||104||N/A|
|Now knowing where the Empyrean is, the Shredder promotes the Foot Recruit to be his new general, leaving the Foot Lieutenant and the Foot Brute trapped in the rubble. Upon visiting a recuperating Big Mama, the Turtles and April learn that the Shredder is going to the Crying Titan where the Empyrean is. As the Shredder prepares the ritual to drain Splinter's essence, Splinter tries to get the Foot Recruit to defect so that the Turtles can receive aid in defeating the Shredder.|
|No.||Title||Original release date|
|1||"Race"||November 27, 2019|
|The Turtles race to April's apartment.|
|2||"Turtle Tots"||November 27, 2019|
|The Baby Turtles play with their original weapons.|
The series premiered on Nickelodeon in the United States on September 17, 2018. By that time, the series had already premiered as a sneak preview on YTV in Canada on July 27 the same year and was premiered officially on September 21 that year. In the UK, the show airs on Nicktoons and Channel 5. Episodes have also sometimes aired on both channels at the same time for terrestrial rights.
|Volume Title||Season||Episodes||Region 1 Release Date||Region 2 Release Date|
|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||1||7||March 12, 2019||July 15, 2019|
|This release contains seven episodes from Season 1: "Mystic Mayhem", "Donnie's Gifts", "War and Pizza", "Shell in a Cell", "Origami Tsunami", "Mascot Melee", and "Minotaur Maze".|
|Mutant Mania||1||6||February 4, 2020||TBA|
|This release contains six episodes from Season 1: "The Evil League of Mutants", "Repo Mantis", "Bug Busters", "Hypno! Part Deux", "Stuck on You", and "Al Be Back".|
Awards and nominations
|2019||Annie Awards||Best Animated Television/Broadcast Production For Children||Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Nominated|||
|Outstanding Achievement for Animated Effects in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production||Jeffrey Lai||Nominated|
|Outstanding Achievement for Storyboarding in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production||Kevin Molina-Ortiz||Won|
|Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards||Favorite Cartoon||Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Nominated|||
|Daytime Emmy Awards||Outstanding Children's Animated Series||Nominated|
|2020||Annie Awards||Best Animated/Television Broadcast Production For Children||Nominated|
On February 5, 2019, it was announced that a feature film based on the series was in production for Netflix, along with another Nickelodeon TV series, The Loud House. Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie will be about the turtles saving the world from the Krang. The film has been slated to be released in 2021. Haley Joel Osment will be part of the voice cast.
Merchandise and media
IDW published a comic book based on the series, beginning in July 2018. The comics concluded with an introductionary issue (#0), a five-issue main story and a Halloween Comicfest special. After a period of inactivity, it was continued with a three-issue story arc titled "Sound Off!" from July to September 2019.
On February 16, 2018, the first toys based on the series were presented during the New York City Toy Fair. The first Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys are expected to be released on October 1, 2018, but are starting to leak out on store shelves on September 20, 2018.
In August 2018, the American fast food chain Sonic Drive-In released a set of kids meal toys based on the series, which were available in their Wacky Pack meals.
During the months leading up to the series' launch, Viacom and Nintendo collaborated to market Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles via a special limited-time online multiplayer event for the 2017 video game Splatoon 2, in which Inklings can participate in a Splatfest tournament, battling over which of the four brothers is the best. Donnie won overall, beating Mikey in the first round, and Raph (who had in turn beat Leo) in the finals.
- Justin Wren (January 1, 2018). "Rob Paulsen Reveals Release Date for Rise of the TMNT". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved January 2, 2018.
- "Nickelodeon Reimagines the Iconic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in All-New Animated Series, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (Press release). Nickelodeon. March 2, 2017. Retrieved August 9, 2020 – via The Futon Critic.
- Denise Petski (November 2, 2017). "Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Ben Schwartz, Kat Graham Among Voice Cast". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 4, 2017.
- Denise Petski (July 27, 2018). "Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Among Five Series Renewed By Nickelodeon – TCA". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 28, 2018.
- "Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles voice cast announced". Super Hero Hype. November 2, 2017. Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- Matthew Mueller (February 1, 2018). "First Look at Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Revealed". Comicbook. Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- Newerbot (February 1, 2018). "First Look at Nickelodeon's 'Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'". Big Shiny Robots. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- Justin Carter (February 1, 2018). "Ninja Turtles Get a Major Makeover in First Rise of the TMNT Image". CBR. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- David Lewman. "First page of Junior Novel Ninja Power".
- Justin Wren (February 6, 2018). "0 Shellraising Details About Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved February 8, 2018.
- James Whitbrook (February 2, 2018). "Here are the New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as Well As The African American April O'Neil". Kotaku. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- Suriano, Andy [@wolfboy74] (January 22, 2019). ""Watching it I got MAJOR Jackie Chan vibes, because he's known for using everyday objects as weapons in his movies! I wonder if they were inspired too? :0" 👍" (Tweet). Retrieved March 10, 2019 – via Twitter.
- "John Cena Joins Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Newsarama. January 11, 2018. Retrieved January 11, 2018.
- Kimberly Nordyke (January 11, 2018). "John Cena to Voice 'Ninja Turtles' Character, Produce Competition Series for Nickelodeon". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 11, 2018.
- Spencer Perry (March 6, 2018). "Meet Baron Draxum, John Cena's Villain from Rise of the TMNT". Coming Soon. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer
- Jon Bowman (March 7, 2018). "First Look at John Cena's Baron Draxum". Gameinformer. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- "New York Toy Fair: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Figures Debut From Playmates". BleedingCool. February 20, 2018. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- Jamie Lang (June 13, 2018). "Nickelodeon's 'Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Gets Annecy First Look". Variety. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- Justin Wren (October 16, 2017). "First Look at Rise of the TMNT Logo from BLE 2017". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Justin Wren (January 12, 2018). "John Cena will voice new villain in Rise of the TMNT". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved January 13, 2018.
- Nick Alive 30 December 2017 – Voice Acting Legend Rob Paulsen Talks About Moving Into Directing for 'Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Dan Snierson (February 1, 2018). "Meet the first African-American April in Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles first look". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- Justin Wren (February 1, 2018). "Rise of the TMNT Character Art Officially Revealed". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved February 3, 2018.
- Josh Weiss (March 23, 2018). "Cowabunga, Watch the first Trailer for Nick's Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Syfy Wyre. Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- "Nickelodeon To Premiere 'Rise Of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' During Mid-September 2018; To Launch 'Rise Of The TMNT' Toy Line In The Run Up To Christmas". Nickelodeon. May 13, 2018. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- Mike Cecchini (June 26, 2018). "Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Show Opener Revealed". Den of Geek. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- "SDCC: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Gets a New Trailer". CBR. July 19, 2018. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Weiss, Josh (July 27, 2018). "TCA 2018: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles renewed for Season 2 before series premiere in the fall". Syfy. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Erik Pedersen (February 2, 2019). "Annie Awards: 'Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse' Snares Best Animated Feature & Six Others – Winners List". Deadline.
- Kimberly Nordyke (March 23, 2019). "Kids' Choice Awards: Full List of Winners List". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Vlessing, Etan (February 5, 2019). "Nickelodeon to Make 'Loud House,' 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Animated Movies for Netflix". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Dan Gehen (April 10, 2018). "New Comic Series Based on Rise of the TMNT". Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Retrieved April 11, 2018.
- Dave Trumbore (February 16, 2018). "'Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Toyline Unveiled Ahead of Toy Fair". Collider. Retrieved February 16, 2018.
- Master Splinter (February 18, 2018). "Rise of the TMNT Figures Release Date Announced". White Foot Soldier. Retrieved February 24, 2018.
- Hall, Charlie (April 26, 2018). "Splatoon 2's new Splatfest is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-themed". Polygon. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
- "A tournament-style Splatfest is coming". Splatoon 2 Official Website. Nintendo. Retrieved May 19, 2018.
Quotations related to Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at Wikiquote