- The following is an archived discussion of HD 140283's DYK nomination. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page; such as this archived nomination"s (talk) page, the nominated article's (talk) page, or the Did you know (talk) page. Unless there is consensus to re-open the archived discussion here. No further edits should be made to this page. See the talk page guidelines for (more) information.
The result was: promoted by BlueMoonset (talk) 02:17, 28 February 2013 (UTC).
- ... that HD 140283 is nearly as old as the universe itself?
Created by Greengreengreenred (talk). Self nominated at 05:43, 24 February 2013 (UTC).
- It is new enough, long enough, and within policy. The hook is supported by a credible source. Perhaps it would be more interesting if we went with "oldest known star" which also is supported. Greg Bard (talk) 04:00, 25 February 2013 (UTC)
- How about I just slip that in there then:
- Alt 1 ... that HD 140283 is thought to be the oldest known star, being nearly as old as the universe itself?
- Greengreengreenred 04:34, 25 February 2013 (UTC)
- Lest this nomination be held up on the technicality that you're not supposed to approve your own hook, I hereby confirm that ALT1 is also supported by the sources in the article.--Carabinieri (talk) 04:53, 26 February 2013 (UTC)