- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Cwmhiraeth (talk) 07:11, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
- ... that professional world barrel racing champion Hailey Kinsel won $433,333.33 in one day at the American Rodeo in February 2017? Source: "Kinsel, Cody DeMoss, and Sage Kimzey each received $333,333 from the side pot, as well as $100,000 for winning their respective events - Comment-
THE AMERICAN is supposed to be in all caps-see website."  Starting with the Semi-Finals on Wednesday, February 15, Kinsel competed at the "world's richest one-day rodeo", The American Rodeo, for the first time. website=attstadium.com
Created by Dawnleelynn (talk). Self-nominated at 23:40, 21 January 2019 (UTC).
- New enough, long enough, neutrally written, well referenced, no close paraphrasing seen. The hook is very catchy but I don't see "in one day" in the article. The competition seemed to take place on both Wednesday and Thursday. Perhaps you'd like to add a different fact:
... that in February 2017, professional world barrel racing champion Hailey Kinsel won $433,333.33 at THE AMERICAN, a world record?
- I'd also like to note that the all-caps name is going to stick out like a sore thumb on the main page, and the florodeo source doesn't even capitalize it. Other editors are going to complain that it doesn't even have a page; perhaps you could write up one paragraph for a stub-class article? QPQ done. Yoninah (talk) 23:03, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- I'll change it to the The American Rodeo throughout actually. Here's the website [http://attstadium.com/events/the-american-2018} where it says, "The American is the world's richest one-day rodeo..." I can weave this in too. Yes semi-finals take two days. Sunday is the finals and the $433.333.33 is won in one day. So I can make that clearer as well. Kinsel's record is only for the BBR/American. Other barrel racers have won $433,333. Is that everything? Let me know, and I will take a shot at the article and hook and you can review after that. dawnleelynn(talk) 23:36, 11 February 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, I made some major modifications to the article and changed THE AMERICAN in the hook to the American Rodeo. Let me know when you get a chance. Just go ahead and edit the article as you see fit. Thanks. dawnleelynn(talk) 00:24, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- @Dawnleelynn: thank you, your edits make the one day part clearer. But now I wonder: you say 3 players each won $433,333 that day, but Kinsel won an additional 33 cents. How did that come about? And I assume that's what put her in the world record category for winnings in one day, right? Yoninah (talk) 18:08, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- Typo, they all won .33 cents. The world record is for The American Rodeo winners who are also Better Barrel Races Regional (BBR) members. Not sure how to make that anymore clearer. We can remove it or put it someplace else, what do you think? It's not important for the hook. dawnleelynn(talk) 18:14, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
- Great, everything looks good. Hook ref verified and cited inline. Rest of review above. Good to go. Yoninah (talk) 18:29, 12 February 2019 (UTC)