- The following is an archived discussion of Leon Boullemier's DYK nomination. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page; such as this archived nomination"s (talk) page, the nominated article's (talk) page, or the Did you know (talk) page. Unless there is consensus to re-open the archived discussion here. No further edits should be made to this page. See the talk page guidelines for (more) information.
The result was: promoted by Allen3 talk 09:15, 28 April 2013 (UTC).
Created by Struway2 (talk). Self nominated at 20:42, 11 April 2013 (UTC).
- The article is new enough, long enough and nominated in time. It got inline citations and is neutral. The hook is interesting, and is backed up by an inline citation. Though the hook-fact must be cited in the article with an inline citation to a reliable source, so my question is: what makes this a reliable source? Mentoz86 (talk) 10:52, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
- Nothing, really... It's interesting, though. The source material both for that family history talk and for a novel written by another descendant is the diary of Léonie Boullemier née Michel. Had that diary been published as a memoir, it quite possibly would count as a reliable source, at least if it hadn't been overly dramatised in the editing. How about:
- Alt1... that the son of a French artist played and refereed in English football and was Northamptonshire County Cricket Club's scorer for 50 years?
- Alt2... that Leon Boullemier, the son of a French artist, was (under another name) Northamptonshire County Cricket Club's official scorer for 50 years?
- Sorry I took so long to reply, this disappeared so far down my watchlist I missed it first time round. cheers, Struway2 (talk) 10:00, 22 April 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry about the late reply, been away for a couple of days. It is indeed interesting. Both ALT hook checks out, but I don't see the point in having (under another name) included, as the difference between the names is merely the spelling. Mentoz86 (talk) 17:19, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
- Didn't notice at first that you were sorry about your late reply aswell :) Mentoz86 (talk) 17:21, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
- The under another name thing was just a (clearly pointless :-) attempt to make the hook more cryptic. Please feel free to remove it. Thanks for your review. cheers, Struway2 (talk) 17:37, 25 April 2013 (UTC)