- The following is an archived discussion of Rio Grande da Serra's DYK nomination. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page; such as this archived nomination"s (talk) page, the nominated article's (talk) page, or the Did you know (talk) page. Unless there is consensus to re-open the archived discussion here. No further edits should be made to this page. See the talk page guidelines for (more) information.
The result was: promoted by Carabinieri (talk) 17:37, 25 February 2013 (UTC).
Rio Grande da Serra
- ... that a disused quarry in Rio Grande da Serra (pictured) is reputed to be the largest in Latin America?
5x expanded by Dr. Blofeld (talk), Nvvchar (talk), Rosiestep (talk), and Ipigott (talk). Nominated by Dr. Blofeld (talk) at 19:37, 28 January 2013 (UTC)
- Expansion checks out (more like 50x). I'm not thrilled about the hook - the source is in Portuguese, and while we can take that on good faith, if it really was the largest quarry in Latin America (wouldn't we normally say "South America"?) you would expect there to be a reliable English-language source. I don't like having "reputed" in the hook. And I don't particularly like the picture, either - it doesn't really portray the municipality. StAnselm (talk) 04:30, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
- OK. The hook is changed to this ALT1... that a disused quarry in Rio Grande da Serra (pictured) is reported to be the largest in South America? We could not find a better image of the town under free license even in the flickr.--Nvvchar. 15:02, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
- I think that hook is better, but I'm still wondering, is it or isn't it the largest? StAnselm (talk) 04:25, 13 February 2013 (UTC)
- The Google translation of the text says it is the largest. However, you may pl consider qualifying it as "one of the largest".--Nvvchar. 11:51, 13 February 2013 (UTC)
- At this stage, I can't pass this. I would accept "claimed to be" in the hook - given that it is a tourism site that provides the reference. But the picture is neither attractive nor interesting. StAnselm (talk) 00:57, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
- Then pass it without the image. — Crisco 1492 (talk) 07:21, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
- Well how about
- StAnselm (talk) 09:45, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
- ALT2 hook without image is acceptable.--Nvvchar. 07:46, 25 February 2013 (UTC)
- In the absence of any other reviewer, I will pass my own hook. ALT2 it is. StAnselm (talk) 08:16, 25 February 2013 (UTC)