Rize of the Fenix Tour (2012)
|World tour by Tenacious D|
|Associated album||Rize of the Fenix|
|Start date||May 23, 2012|
|End date||October 24, 2012|
|Number of shows||45|
|Tenacious D concert chronology|
The Rize Of The Fenix tour was a worldwide concert tour by American rock band Tenacious D. The tour was in support of the band's 2012 album Rize of the Fenix, and the tour visited North America and Europe. The tour began on May 23, 2012 and ended on October 24th 2012, featuring 45 shows in total.
- "Rize Of The Fenix"
- "Low Hangin' Fruit
- "Deth Starr"
- "Throw Down"
- "Dude (I Totally Miss You)"
- "Kyle Quit The Band"
- "The Metal"
- "Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown)"
- "Double Team"
- "Fuck Her Gently"
The first leg of the tour featured The Sights. Whilst on their first European leg in June, 'The Bots' opened up for them. During their second US leg of the tour in June and July, either Urge Overkill, The Protomen or the Sights opened for them depending on the show. During their second European tour in October, the Sights opened for them again.
Internet Archive albums
There is one album which was released with the explicit permission of Tenacious D. This live show has been recorded and released through Internet Archive and is available for free digital download.
|June 25, 2012||The Tabernacle||Atlanta, Georgia||305|
In May 2012, the tour started off with five dates in the west of the United States, the tour then went over in June for two shows in Germany and one in Amsterdam. The tour then went over for six dates in the United Kingdom. The tour then returned to the United States and Canada for 20 shows throughout the country. In October 2012, the tour returned to Europe for 10 shows in Germany and Italy and then in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- Jack Black – lead vocals, rhythm acoustic guitar
- Kyle Gass – lead acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- John Konesky – electric guitar, vocals for Beelzeboss
- John Spiker – bass, backing vocals
- Brooks Wackerman - drums
- Mike Bray – Sasquatch, The Metal
- Sean Cox – The Roadie, The Evil Alien Squid, Guitar Tech
- Jessica (Cammett) Brady – Tour Manager
- Joe Beebe – Production Manager
- Andy Pollard – Stage Manager / Lighting Tech
- Patrick Dorsey – Bass Tech
- Greg Stocks – Drum Tech
- Ian Beveridge – Monitors (4th US Leg)
- Shaun Sebastian – Monitors (3rd US Leg)
- Craig Overbay – FOH
- Daniel Hadley – Lighting Designer
- Jim Allison – Rigger
- Scott Scherban – Audio Crew Chief
- Ross Berkson – Merchandise
- Robert Young – Merchandise
- Jesse Silva – Production Assistant
Tenacious D played a show at the House of Blues in Las Vegas on Saturday 28 July. About fifteen minutes into the show, a massive fight involving a dozen or so people broke out in the crowd by the stage. A few people were pulled out and the show continued. During the fight, there was a stabbing. Police were called to the scene as it was reported by a steward. By the time the cops had arrived, Tenacious D had just finished 'Friendship' which was the fourteenth song out of the planned twenty three songs. The duo quickly played Tribute before the venue was cleared out. It should be noted that the man which was stabbed recovered.