|Directed by||K. Shankar|
|Written by||S. Jagadeesan|
|Screenplay by||K. Shankar|
|Edited by||K. Shankar|
K. R. Krishnan
|Distributed by||Sivashankar Creations|
Thaai Mookaambikai is a 1982 Indian Tamil film directed by K. Shankar, starring Jaishankar, Sivakumar, Poornima Bhagyaraj and other leading actors/actresses. The film had musical score by Ilaiyaraaja and was released in 1982.
Ilayaraja said he "was running out of time while composing the tune for the song. I was under hectic pressure from the film producer, who had planned to perform the ‘puja’ for the film the next day with the song" Initial tune which he had composed did not suit the character Sri Adi Sankarar. He said with a chance to have a glimpse of the portrait of Adi Sankarar, he was inspired to compose the tune which was similar to Bhaja Govindam.
- "Janani Janani" - Ilaiyaraaja
- "Thaaye Mookambikai" - M. Balamuralikrishna, M. S. Viswanathan, Seerkazhi Govindarajan, S. Janaki
- "Isaiyarasi" - P. Susheela, S. Janaki, Rajeshwari
- "Pasikku Soru" - Jayachandran
- "Kolapurase" - Malaysia Vasudevan, Susheela
- "Thai Moogambikai". youtube.com. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|