The Black Wall Street Records
|The Black Wall Street Records|
|Parent company||Universal Music Group|
|Founder||Jayceon Terrell Taylor
George Taylor III
|Country of origin||United States|
The name "The Black Wall Street" is adopted from what was the racially segregated Greenwood neighborhood of Tulsa, Oklahoma. During the oil boom of 1920's, Greenwood was home to several successful and prominent African-American entrepreneurs.
Before The Documentary, Game dropped a series of mixtapes on his own label, The Black Wall Street. After leaving G-Unit Records, Game hoped to push The Black Wall Street to the mainstream to compete with his former label and labelmates. Big Fase 100 eventually left the label officially after internal problems with Game. Though the company hasn't released an official retail album, it has released several mixtapes including the "Black Wall Street Journal" and "BWS Radio" series. Former artists who have been on the label include: Eastwood, Techniec, Cyssero, Vita, Ya Boy, and Charli Baltimore.
As confirmed by wearebws.com.
Juice McCain||2006||–||Rapper from Phoenix, Arizona. Signed to Black Wall Street after Game was touring Arizona, and received Juice's demo. Juice has released a mixtape, Death Certificate, hosted by DJ Skee,The mixtape was nominated for four Mixtape Justo Awards.Juice recently released his second mixtape, Position of Power. Juice just released his third mixtape "American Me", and is working on his debut studio album 'The Anticipated'.
|Act||Year signed||#Albums Released||Description|
|Game||2002||5||A rapper from Compton, California, and the founder of The Black Wall Street.|
|Tre Beatz||2008||-||A Producer from Compton, California, who signed to the label in 2008. He has produced records for The Game and Black Wall Streets' artist.|
|Nu Jerzey Devil||2004||-||A rapper from the South Bronx, New York but raised in Atlantic City, New Jersey who signed to The Black Wall Street label in 2004. Nu Jerzey Devil has produced on Fat Joe's "Me, Myself And I" on a track titled "Breathe & Stop" featuring Game. Alongside X.O. Nu Jerzey Devil released his debut mixtape Art of the Devil and released his mixtape "Slow Feet Don't Eat" in 2013 after touring Australia with The Game.|
|Compton Menace||2004||-||A Rapper from Compton, California, who signed to the label in 2008. He is a member of the once signed group, "Goon Squad."|
|Kanary Diamonds||2010||–||A female rapper born and raised in Watts, Los Angeles, California.|
|Mysonne||2010||–||A former Def Jam Recordings and Ruff Ryders artist from The Bronx, New York who signed with Black Wall Street in 2010.|
|A.R.||2004||–||A Compton based rapper who has been with the label since its incarnation. He appears as a guest feature on the track "Cherry Koolaid" on Game's mixtape, "Brake Lights."|
DJs & producers
- Ervin 'EP' Pope – Los Angeles producer EP Pope signed a production deal to Black Wall Street in 2008. He has produced tracks on Doctor's Advocate,Game's third album LAX (album) and In My Own Words he is also known for playing the piano/keyboard on a large portion of Kanye West's The College Dropout and various other production credits on albums such as Diddy's Press Play and Common's Finding Forever.
- DJ Skee – The Black Wall Street's DJ, Skee has worked on every mixtape for Black Wall Street since You Know What It Is Vol. 3 came out. He has hosted the Envy Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center and done mixtapes for outside artists too, such as Omar Cruz, Bishop Lamont and small upcoming artists. DJ Skee has a radio show on Power 106 with DJ Reflex.
- Tre Beatz
- DJ Kris-Stylez – Kris-Stylez is the official show/tour DJ for Game.\
- wearebws.com. wearebws.com. Retrieved on 2013-02-05. Archived September 2, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- iamtrebeatz.com. iamtrebeatz.com. Retrieved on 2013-02-05.
- Tre Beatz (@iamtrebeatz) on Twitter. Twitter.com. Retrieved on 2013-02-05.
- Official Roster Accessed March 20, 2008.
- Juice- Death Certificate: Special Edition (Hosted by DJ Skee, SJ Haze & September 7th) Accessed July 25, 2008.
- Juice on TheRealBWS.com Accessed July 25, 2008.
- ComptonMenace.com. ComptonMenace.com. Retrieved on 2013-02-05.
- The Menace (@ComptonMenace) op Twitter. Twitter.com. Retrieved on 2013-02-05.
- Kanary Diamonds: 1st Lady Of Black WallStreet. 24hourhiphop.com (2010-07-09)
- [dead link]
- › (@avanteRose) op Twitter. Twitter.com. Retrieved on 2013-02-05.
- wearebws.com. wearebws.com. Retrieved on 2013-02-05.[dead link]
- The Game ft. A.R., Madd Maxx & Cold Bloodz: Cherry Koolaid (Music Video). BallerStatus.com (2010-08-17). Retrieved on 2013-02-05.
- DJ Kris Stylez official page at BSW Europe Archived January 30, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.