The Boulet Brothers' Dragula (season 3)
|The Boulet Brothers' Dragula|
|Hosted by||The Boulet Brothers|
|No. of contestants||11|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Original network||Amazon Prime|
Netflix (United States)
|Original release||27 August –|
28 October 2019
The third season of The Boulet Brothers' Dragula premiered on August 27, 2019, and concluded on October 28, 2019. The competition was broadcast on Amazon Prime in the United States, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom, OutTV in Canada and Netflix in the United States. The series featured 11 contenstants, including a drag king and a AFAB drag artist, competing for the title of World's Next Drag Super-Monster and a cash prize of $25,000.
On December 5, 2017, OutTV and Boulet Brothers Productions announced that the third season had been greenlit. The Boulet Brothers announced via Twitter on February 23, 2018, that casting would be starting soon and used the hashtag "Season of the Witch". Casting began on March 7, 2018 and finished twenty-one days later on March 28, 2018. The story producer is writer Clint Catalyst.
The winner of the third season of The Boulet Brothers' Dragula was Landon Cider, with Dollya Black and Priscilla Chambers as the runner-up. Priscilla Chambers and St. Lucia (now referred to simply as Saint) returned later to compete in The Boulet Brothers' Dragula: Resurrection, a competition between contestants from previous seasons of Dragula, with the winner returning for the fourth season of Dragula. Saint won the competition, earned a place as a contestant on season 4, and a cash price of $20,000.
|Landon Cider||Long Beach, California||Winner|
|Dollya Black||Orlando, Florida||Runners-up|
|Priscilla Chambers||Asheville, North Carolina|
|Louisianna Purchase||Austin, Texas||4th place|
|Evah Destruction||Dallas, Texas||5th place|
|Maddelynn Hatter||New York City, New York||6th place|
|Hollow Eve||San Francisco, California||7th place|
|Maxi Glamour||St. Louis, Missouri||8th place|
|Yovska||Toronto, Canada||9th place|
|St. Lucia[a]||Atlanta, Georgia||10th place|
|Violencia![b]||Boston, Massachusetts||11th place|
- Now known as Saint, she was referred to as St. Lucia on the show.
- Violencia Exclamation Point is referred to as Violencia! on the show.
- Dollya Black obtained a key that gave her the choice of granting herself immunity from deliberation or picking a fellow contestant to nominate for extermination, choosing to give herself immunity. Later in the competition, The Boulet Brothers' confirmed that Black would have been in the bottom that week had she not used the key.
- Although Landon Cider won the challenge and was admitted to the Grand Finale, he was still required to participate in the extermination.
|1||Maxi Glamour||vs.||Violencia!||18,000 ft (5,500 m)
|2||St. Lucia||vs.||Yovska||Consume a feast consisting of cow's organs and blood||St. Lucia|
|3||Hollow Eve vs. Maddelynn Hatter vs. Yovska||Get a tattoo chosen by another extermination competitor||Yovska|
|4||Maddelynn Hatter||vs.||Maxi Glamour||Get humiliated by your competitors as you plead your case||Maxi Glamour|
|5[a]||Evah Destruction||vs.||Hollow Eve||Blow a cockroach through a tube into the opposer's mouth||Hollow Eve|
|6||Maddelynn Hatter||vs.||Priscilla Chambers||Remove parts from a cadaver avoiding
a 6,000 volt shock by an electric collar
|7||Evah Destruction vs. Louisianna Purchase vs. Priscilla Chambers||Staple as many dollar bills as possible to your body||Evah Destruction|
|8[b]||Dollya Black vs. Louisianna Purchase vs. Priscilla Chambers||Walk through a haunted house avoiding traps
in order to grab an invite to the Top 3
- In episode 5, all remaining competitors, except for the main challenge winner Priscilla Chambers, were asked to participate in the extermination, though it was specified beforehand that only Evah Destruction and Hollow Eve would be up for elimination.
- In episode 8, all remaining competitors participated in the extermination, though it was specified beforehand that the main challenge winner Landon Cider was already through to the grand finale, while everyone else was up for elimination.
- The contestant was exterminated after their first time in the bottom.
- The contestant was exterminated after their second time in the bottom.
- The contestant was exterminated after their third time in the bottom.
|1||Phi Phi O'Hara, drag entertainer|
Phil Jimenez, comic artist
|2||Amanda Lepore, trans activist and model|
Bonnie Aarons, actress
|3||Henry Rollins, musician, singer, and actor|
Peaches Christ, drag entertainer
|4||Darren Stein, film director|
Michael Varrati, screenwriter
|5||Biqtch Puddin', drag entertainer and winner of season 2|
Felissa Rose, actress
|6||Milly Shapiro, actress|
|7||Cig Neutron, visual effects artist and make-up artist|
Vander von Odd, drag entertainer and winner of season 1
|8||Danielle Harris, actress|
Rachel True, actress
|Episode||Title||Original air date||Episode summary|
|1||The Lesser of Two Evils||August 27, 2019||
Floor Show Challenge: Design an outfit worthy of being called a Super-villain.
Extermination Challenge: Complete an 18,000 foot skydive (while strapped to a diving instructor).
|2||Don't Suck||September 3, 2019||
Floor Show Challenge: Design a vampire-themed outfit (complete with reveals), design a fan from Dirt Squirrel, and perform a live solo burlesque number.
Extermination Challenge: Consume a feast consisting of cow organs and cow's blood.
|3||Drag Monsters of Rock||September 6, 2019||
Floor Show Challenge: Compete in two rival bands in a live rock performance and present two looks inspired by punk rock and heavy metal (one look for the floor show and the second for the performance).
Extermination Challenge: Receive a tattoo chosen by another competitor participating in the extermination.
|4||The Demons Blood||September 17, 2019||
Floor Show Challenge: As Dungeon Masters, the Boulet Brothers rolled dice to assign a race and a class for each contestant. Inspired by Dungeons & Dragons, create a full fantasy look based on the assigned stats and then, while on location in a Renaissance village, act out a classic adventure campaign.
Extermination Challenge: Beg and plead to not be exterminated while the safe competitors hurl rotten food and insults.
|5||No Throw Aways, Not Recycled||September 17, 2019||
Floor Show Challenge: Create a Trash Queen Couture look composed entirely of trash (while only using permanent markers and construction paper for make-up) and be interviewed by special fashion correspondent, Disasterina (contestant from season 2).
Extermination Challenge: Use your mouth to blow a cockroach through a tube into the mouth of your competitor at the other end (while they try to do the same).
|6||The Operating Theatre||October 1, 2019||
Floor Show Challenge: Create a look suitable for a hospital of horrors and then, while on location at an abandoned hospital, model the look for photographers from Alternative Press magazine.
Extermination Challenge: Delicately remove body parts from a cadaver on a unique operating table built so that every slip of the hand or mistake results in 6,000 volts of electricity straight to a shock collar.
|7||Le Freak||October 7, 2019||
Floor Show Challenge: Turn oddity into art by creating an unforgettable freak show fashion look complete with a showstopping circus sideshow act. As a second part to the challenge, style and incorporate a premium lace front wig using wigs provided by Dragula's official wig sponsor, Arda Wigs.
Extermination Challenge: Staple as many dollar bills to their body as possible within sixty seconds.
|8||Halloween Haunt||October 14, 2019||
Floor Show Challenge: Reinvent a classic Halloween costume archetype and elevate the concept with the elements of glamour, filth and/or horror. In addition, carve a jack-o-lantern that accessorizes and accentuates the Halloween costume. Afterward, perform in a four way lip sync battle royale to “Dread” by Ritual Aesthetic.
Extermination Challenge: Search through an abandoned haunt attraction for a hidden invite to the Top 3 while avoiding traps and gag actors.
|9||Last Supper||October 22, 2019||The exterminated uglies are re-animated for the season 3 reunion to discuss controversies, rivalries, and everything in-between before the final 3 face off in the Grand Finale of Dragula.|
|10||The Grand Finale||October 29, 2019||
Floor Show Challenge: Interpret and design three outfits and floor show performances based on the three principles of Dragula: Glamour, Filth and Horror.
- "Boulet Brothers Dragula".
- Hornbelt, Stephan (28 February 2018). "Casting Is Now Open for the Boulet Brothers' Third Season of 'Dragula'". Hornet Stories. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "The Boulet Brothers DRAGULA Season 3 Gets Greenlight". Pinksixty. 5 December 2017. Retrieved 25 February 2018.
- @bouletbrothers (23 February 2018). "Casting S3. Wake up and get your shit together this weekend, uglies. Details coming very soon. #seasonofthewitch
#bouletbrothersdragulaseasonthree" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Boulet Brothers' Dragula on Instagram: "Prove them wrong, ugly. Casting is now open for the Boulet Brothers Dragula S3! You must fill out the first part of the application asap to…"". Instagram. Archived from the original on 2021-12-26. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Boulet Brothers' Dragula on Instagram: "WOW!!! On behalf of everyone at Boulet Brothers Productions we want to say thanks to everyone who submitted auditions for the Boulet…"". Instagram. Archived from the original on 2021-12-26. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Clint Catalyst".
- "'Dragula' Season 3 Winner: Landon Cider Takes The Crown". Billboard. 2019-10-29. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
- Millican, Josh (September 29, 2020). "THE BOULET BROTHERS' DRAGULA: RESURRECTION Hits Shudder October 20th". Dread Central. Retrieved October 5, 2020.
- "The Lesser of Two Evils". The Boulet Brothers' Dragula. Season 3. Episode 1. August 27, 2019.
- "Don't Suck". The Boulet Brothers' Dragula. Season 3. Episode 2. September 3, 2019.
- "Drag Monsters of Rock". The Boulet Brothers' Dragula. Season 3. Episode 3. September 6, 2019.
- "The Demons Blood". The Boulet Brothers' Dragula. Season 3. Episode 4. September 17, 2019.
- "No Throw Aways, Not Recycled". The Boulet Brothers' Dragula. Season 3. Episode 5. September 17, 2019.
- "The Operating Theatre". The Boulet Brothers' Dragula. Season 3. Episode 6. October 1, 2019.
- "Le Freak". The Boulet Brothers' Dragula. Season 3. Episode 7. October 7, 2019.
- "Halloween Haunt". The Boulet Brothers' Dragula. Season 3. Episode 8. October 14, 2019.
- "Back from the Dead". The Boulet Brothers' Dragula. Season 3. Episode 9. October 21, 2019.
- "The Grand Finale". The Boulet Brothers' Dragula. Season 3. Episode 10. October 28, 2019.