The Children's Friend (LDS magazine)
The Children's Friend was an official periodical of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) between 1902 and 1970. It was aimed primarily at children in the church's Primary program, ages 3 to 12. Its first editor was May Anderson, who went on to become the second general president of the Primary organization of the LDS Church.
The Children's Friend ceased publication in 1970 and was replaced with The Friend, which was first published in January 1971.
- May Anderson (1902–40)
- May Green Hinckley (1940–43)
- Adele C. Howells (1943–51)
- LaVern W. Parmley (1951–70)
- "The Children's Friend, April 1960". By Old LDS Treasures. Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- "The Children's Friend and the Friend". By The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- "The Whole Year Through: The Children's Friend, 1950". By Ardis E. Parshall. Retrieved December 2, 2009.
- "The Children's Friend and the Friend". By the LDS Primary.
- Jenson, Andrew (1936). Latter-day Saint biographical encyclopedia: A compilation of biographical sketches of prominent men and women in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 4. Salt Lake City, Utah: The Andrew Jenson Memorial Association (Printed by The Deseret News Press). pp. 271, 273. ISBN 1-58958-026-5.